Adam

Match Thread: Nottingham Forest - Leeds United

If we lose to QPR and Millwall these will tear us a new arsehole with the way we set up to play 

lose 0-3

In the last game were it not for a handball goal we had the beating of them. The way we play hasn't always been effective against the lower table teams but I've a feeling we've got what it takes to shut Leeds out. 1-0 Forest.

On a related note, can I please urge everybody to get behind the team and the manager on Tuesday even if things don't go our way early on. This will be a game of patience, a marathon and not a sprint. Please don't succumb to the level of the boo boys, even if things look bleak lets get behind Karanka and the team.

Edited by H-Block

24 minutes ago, H-Block said:

On a related note, can I please urge everybody to get behind the team and the manager on Tuesday even if things don't go our way early on. This will be a game of patience, a marathon and not a sprint. Please don't succumb to the level of the boo boys, even if things look bleak lets get behind Karanka and the team.

To be fair, at the matches there’s been very little criticism of Karanka. If this shite run continues however that will change pretty quick. It’s up to him and the players to put in a performance that will make the fans get behind them, not the other way round. We’ve shown our support in huge numbers this season and have, especially away from home, always backed the team. 

The way things are at present I can’t see a win for Forest. I don’t want Karanka to leave although his home tactics being the same as if we are playing away is frustrating but the way I see it is that we are now half way through the season and although one or teams do seem to be the front runners any team can beat any other team on their day. Yes we have not exactly got good results or played that well of late but I do believe that we will be in the top six come the end of the season. Everyone is all too quick to dump a manager when they have a run of bad results. Let’s look closely at our previous games.

Preston, 1 goal loss to a strong team that puts 11 players behind the ball.

0:0 with Derby, not bad result to be fair.

QPR, 1 goal loss to a strong team that puts 11 players behind the ball.

3:3 with Norwich, totally bizarre result but would still have taken a point before the game ... yes?

Millwall, 1 goal loss to a strong team that puts 11 players behind the ball.

Not great run of results but this is football and every team has a ‘glitch’ of results and this is ours. Yes it’s frustrating especially when the players seem a little clueless and unsure of themselves but to be honest we’ve had a very mishmash of the first 11 due to injuries to key players!

please don’t throw yer toys out the pram, this is football and it changes from one game to the next, be patient please!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

millwall had won something like 1 in 9 before Saturday - I wouldn’t say they were a strong team unless you mean physical. They battered us home and away to be fair 

I truly believe that Leeds will be all over us and we’ll pretty much offer next to nothing going forward so unless we get a lucky break or two I can’t see anything other than a loss but and this is a big but, Karanka will still be here for a while ... just to be clear, I don’t like his home defensive style.

How do you know that mate do you have some info? I am surprised that even if we lose heavily against Leeds that he will keep his job

I honestly believe that if Marinakis was going to sack karanka, he'd have done it by now. 

I reckon he'll be here 'till the end of the season at least. 

I think we tend to play better against teams that attack us so I think we’ll get a draw. 

Also why are people still moaning about the handball? Yes it was a handball but if you let a team have 75% possession and ten times the amount of shots as you the eventually they are going to get a lucky break. You make your own luck and we stacked the odds against ourselves. 

I want our players to at the very least show some grit and determination. Our full backs especially Darikwa need to take their man on and supply some quality crosses from the byeline not stop 35 yards  away and hoof an aimless ball straight onto their centre backs heads ...  Lolley , Cash and Carvalho must get into their 18 yard box at every opportunity to assist Grabban.. Bring in Toby alongside Fox ..   Push forward 15 /20 yards to compress play and deny them space ..

If the players have any pride they’ll give their all for 90+ minutes which is the least we should expect!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, colin said:

I want our players to at the very least show some grit and determination. Our full backs especially Darikwa need to take their man on and supply some quality crosses from the byeline not stop 35 yards  away and hoof an aimless ball straight onto their centre backs heads ...  Lolley , Cash and Carvalho must get into their 18 yard box at every opportunity to assist Grabban.. Bring in Toby alongside Fox ..   Push forward 15 /20 yards to compress play and deny them space ..

If the players have any pride they’ll give their all for 90+ minutes which is the least we should expect!!

Mate, if they were allowed to play like that, I think we'd see them give their all for 90+ mins. 

Although I don't agree with Chaz that the players are throwing games, I do believe that they are well pissed off playing to karanka's tactics, and because of that, I don't think we're seeing 100% commitment from them. 

Loss I'm afraid.

if we do lose then there's a possibility we'll be 9 points off the play offs, which playing the way we are at the moment is unacheivable to make up.

This would trigger the Greek into action so could be Aitors last game.

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

Mate, if they were allowed to play like that, I think we'd see them give their all for 90+ mins. 

Although I don't agree with Chaz that the players are throwing games, I do believe that they are well pissed off playing to karanka's tactics, and because of that, I don't think we're seeing 100% commitment from them. 

Yep, a wordy way of saying they're throwing games.

My sentiments too, a happy 2019 to everyone 👍

Edited by stoddy

You'll not be so happy when Karanka pisses on your sausage roll with yet another 7 man defensive unit, against Leeds.

0-2 Leeds, with Karanka on his way to the dole queue.