Daz

Millwall v Forest

Going to call it now, I reckon he’ll be in charge at the end of the season. Probably hot air from the press designing to focus the players and put a bit of pressure on. 

Edit:

just some facts 

Karanka has 8 wins in 25 games 

this time last year we had 31 points sitting in 13th

We’ve got 5 more points this term. Sitting in 10th. 

We finished last season scraping survival. 

Currently using 7 players in the starting XI from last year 

what’s to say there won’t be another long slump like last season? Same manager, most of the same players .. 

id have sacked him last night. 

Edited by Thommo
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oldbighead said:

I'm only going off what the papers are saying. If he's failed to reach a set target it could be automatic termination of contract which cannot be disputed...

Yet the other day I read a quote that said, worryingly, Marinakis had not set Karanka a top 6 target by the end of the year, he had set him a target of promotion in 2.5 years.

3 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

This is the reason I have to embed maths into all of my classes instead of just concentrating on teaching the subject.

His transfer kitty with ins and outs is pretty much half of that with two players costing over a  million quid

Those 2 players cost £20m Chaz.

40 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Those 2 players cost £20m Chaz.

I hate being pedantic but 19m. 

With Carvalho I'd say we got done a fair bit with the fee, I like him but £13m?  He doesn't seem like the player that Karanka would have been like, let's go and get him!  To me Karanka players are Pants, Hefele, Robinson, Colback, Yacob, Lolley, Dawson and Grabban.  I'd argue the rest including the three Portuguese fellas, anyone from Greece including the Iranian weren't. 

I'd wager something with the above is the crux of the problem here, rich owner acts as scout, manager has to deal with it.  Now where have we seen that before?

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

45 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I hate being pedantic but 19m. 

With Carvalho I'd say we got done a fair bit with the fee, I like him but £13m?  He doesn't seem like the player that Karanka would have been like, let's go and get him!  To me Karanka players are Pants, Hefele, Robinson, Colback, Yacob, Lolley, Dawson and Grabban.  I'd argue the rest including the three Portuguese fellas, anyone from Greece including the Iranian weren't. 

I'd wager something with the above is the crux of the problem here, rich owner acts as scout, manager has to deal with it.  Now where have we seen that before?

I thought Karanka was instrumental in bringing the 3 Portuguese lads here Chaz. Ain't he supposed to be pally wally with that super agent Mendes?

Chaz:-

The players are throwing games.

The owner is buying players manager don't want.

Appointing DoF has upset Aitor.

We're like 3 year olds.

😂😂😂

Nothing to do with the manager being a twat though, eh Chaz.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

We're like 3 year olds.

😂😂😂

When you see this fucker unfold once or twice a year you know the signs.  The worst I've seen was when McClaren was here and the worst culprit was Chambers, walking whoever the opponent's striker was into the box every week.  Might as well have held their hands.  This lot are more savvy.  They need a Marinakis pasting or two.  Karanka is too much of a fanny to deal with 'em.

Do you reckon all the players are Karanka's?  Not a chance if you ask me, happy to speculate Colin.

I bet Marinakis wants to know why his boys aren't playing.  I would if I was head scout and owner.

I'm honestly past caring at this point.  I'm just sitting back and enjoying the shit show.  We can do it all again in a few months and claim it's the manager that's the problem, as usual.  

18 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

When you see this fucker unfold once or twice a year you know the signs.  The worst I've seen was when McClaren was here and the worst culprit was Chambers, walking whoever the opponent's striker was into the box every week.  Might as well have held their hands.  This lot are more savvy.  They need a Marinakis pasting or two.  Karanka is too much of a fanny to deal with 'em.

Do you reckon all the players are Karanka's?  Not a chance if you ask me, happy to speculate Colin.

I bet Marinakis wants to know why his boys aren't playing.  I would if I was head scout and owner.

I'm honestly past caring at this point.  I'm just sitting back and enjoying the shit show.  We can do it all again in a few months and claim it's the manager that's the problem, as usual.  

I would hazard a guess that the only players that aren't Karanka signings are any players from Olympiakos.

Terminate their contract at Olympiakos, give them to us for free, we sell them for 100% profit. Savvy way around FFP............. if only the players they give us aren't as shit as the ones we've had so far. To be fair to Marinakis, if somewhat unfair to Karanka, he'd want these players to get some game time if the idea is to put them in the shop window. I don't fully agree with that. The manager picks the team as far as I'm concerned, but I would have thought Ansarifard could have come on for the last 15 against Hull and Ipswich when we were coasting the game, and not the last minute, just to waste a bit of time, as he did in those games. Tachtsidis has yet to feature at all. Maybe this has caused a bit of friction between Karanka and Marinakis. Pure speculation on my part of course.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I would hazard a guess that the only players that aren't Karanka signings are any players from Olympiakos.

Terminate their contract at Olympiakos, give them to us for free, we sell them for 100% profit. Savvy way around FFP............. if only the players they give us aren't as shit as the ones we've had so far. To be fair to Marinakis, if somewhat unfair to Karanka, he'd want these players to get some game time if the idea is to put them in the shop window. I don't fully agree with that. The manager picks the team as far as I'm concerned, but I would have thought Ansarifard could have come on for the last 15 against Hull and Ipswich when we were coasting the game, and not the last minute, just to waste a bit of time, as he did in those games. Tachtsidis has yet to feature at all. Maybe this has caused a bit of friction between Karanka and Marinakis. Pure speculation on my part of course.

Makes sense.

I'm just going by the players that he hasn't bothered with.  Everyone has got a look in at some point apart from three or four of 'em.  Always looked like he was making a point, especially considering one or two shouldn't be that bad.  If Karanka has asked for them all and not played them then I'd assume Marinakis wouldn't be happy about it, you'd think it was the other way around though.

5 hours ago, Dane B said:

We're like 3 year olds.

😂😂😂

Sometime you just have to hold your hands up and accept that it hasn’t worked out - you can make all the excuses you like but the simple fact is is that Karanka is a one trick pony, he has had all the backing he could possibly have asked for and he has failed

if he is on that bench against Chelsea my flabber will be well and truly gasted - still Chaz will be happy if he is 👍

8 minutes ago, E R said:

Sometime you just have to hold your hands up and accept that it hasn’t worked out - you can make all the excuses you like but the simple fact is is that Karanka is a one trick pony, he has had all the backing he could possibly have asked for and he has failed

if he is on that bench against Chelsea my flabber will be well and truly gasted - still Chaz will be happy if he is 👍

I couldn't give a fuck either way, just enjoying the drama.

What will be will be.

I'll regather the fucks I give if we get Steve Bruce following this debacle.