Daz

Millwall v Forest

2 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

You say that but it happens every year.  If I was Marinakis I'd leave Karanka in, get meself down to the dressing room after Leeds and give a couple of the cunts an upercut to the chin and tell the others they're next if they don't sort it out.  Only way to deal with 'em.

Don’t forget to bring a cement mixing truck to see if they get the hint.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Today we're chasing the game, yet Karanka will not dispose of one of his two DM's. 

No wonder the players have had enough of him. 

Yes even when he throws caution to the wind he had 5 defenders, the keeper and 2 centre mids and then subbed Cash for Janko and took off Carvalho both players who might actually create something for the 2 up front

no way will he make the Chelsea game 

Edited by E R

19 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

You say that but it happens every year.  If I was Marinakis I'd leave Karanka in, get meself down to the dressing room after Leeds and give a couple of the cunts an upercut to the chin and tell the others they're next if they don't sort it out.  Only way to deal with 'em.

Charlie,

Sounds the sort of thing BD, the mad jock would have done himself.

Did the useless Fuqers,  pull this trick when he was here?

34 minutes ago, Fatles said:

Charlie,

Sounds the sort of thing BD, the mad jock would have done himself.

Did the useless Fuqers,  pull this trick when he was here?

Yep, before he was sacked the same nonsense, pick your manager it's happened.  Maybe not O'Driscoll, his team was just getting going when he got the boot.  Everyone else though. 

With Davies at least there was the comedy element of him acting nutty and talking behind his water bottle and the press conferences which added some entertainment to the collapse. 

Pretty dire stuff today

First half hour was shambolic. Robinson, Hefele and Fox all made howlers. Pantillimon didn't have the confidence to even attempt to kick the ball out and Millwall were quite happy for us to pass it around in triangles in our own half.

Goal was from a set piece, maybe a hint of a foul but a smart finish from the Millwall player. 

We seemed to start playing better and further up the field from 35 minutes onwards but Millwall were by then playing 2 banks of four and in all honesty we could have played another 90 and not scored. We had pot shots but all fairly comfortable for Millwall. Tbh they looked more likely to get a second and probably should have but hit the post. 

Whole crowd was confused about Cash and Carvalho going off. Cash looked like our best player. Carvalho the most likely to cut them open. The change of formation didn't help one bit. 

I still don’t want him sacked. Worse approach to football I’ve ever seen but i want him and his like, Mourinho and Benitez etc, to die on their sword and take their terrible football with them. 

• Upvote 1

Bitterly disappointing again. Karanka looks to have run out of ideas. 2 points out of a possible 15, 8 wins from 25, no goals vs Preston, Millwall and QPR, 6 points off the play offs. Really wanted Karanka and Forest to work and thought with a bit of time it might, but what a shocking month December has been. With the money spent and current squad, should we be 15 points behind Leeds. 

It looks like the inevitable sack is on the way. The owners have got a lot of the footballing decisions right since they took us over, lets hope they make a good appointment. Cant say I have a clue who I want but it feels like we are back to square one again. Key January window approaching and we could be entering it with a new manager who hasn't a clue about this squad. Another season to write off?

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Daz said:

Whole crowd was confused about Cash and Carvalho going off. Cash looked like our best player. Carvalho the most likely to cut them open. The change of formation didn't help one bit. 

And that in a nut shell is why he should be fucked off tonight, Jokanovic installed against the vermin and onwards and upwards. Contrary to what anyone on here thinks I would love nothing more than us getting a manager who’s team selection I can understand and someone who tries to play football and who has a plan B (which has been lacking with the last 2 manager) that we can get behind and who can stick around for a couple of years and get us up.

Thinking about it, the wheels seemed to fall off pretty much to the day the Director of Football arrived.  Could just be a coincidence but it's something to think about.  Also coincided with Karanka's odd press conference.  Wonder what went off.

So what do we reckon? Has he survived until Leeds or will he get called into the office when the bus gets back to the CG tonight and we’ll get a statement in the morning?

Karanka seems to cut a forlawn figure when things aren't going right. Stands there with hands in pockets and looks aimlessly across the pitch hoping things will change. I like others have had the opinion of giving karanka time and have praised his early progress which could have taken us up to 3rd at one point not long back. But like others I am starting to lose confidence in his impact on the team and his tactical decisions. I'm not blowing the horn to get him sacked but I'm resigned to the fact that he could be out the door. This month has been really poor and not being able to score or even threaten teams like preston, QPR or Millwall is very concerning and is not the form of a top 6 side.

4 hours ago, Savo said:

These are his players for the most part so I'm not sure how they would suddenly not want to play for him. 

Have you never disagreed with your manager.. 

all football players are grade A cunts 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

Have you never disagreed with your manager.. 

all football players are grade A cunts 

Obviously heading towards the top two wasn't enough for our lot and it made sense to throw a few games after Ipswich to make their point.  Whatever that was.  Nice one lads.

• Upvote 1

I hate it when we sack the manager just before January, as any new guy coming in does not have the time to fully evaluate the squad before the transfer window. We then panic buy superfluous shite and miss another opportunity.

18 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Obviously heading towards the top two wasn't enough for our lot and it made sense to throw a few games after Ipswich to make their point.  Whatever that was.  Nice one lads.

I’m not sure I buy this ‘throw a few games’ narrative you’ve conjured up. I’m sure all of the players are trying but, as with today for example, it’s difficult to win matches with only 3 offensive minded players on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’m not sure I buy this ‘throw a few games’ narrative you’ve conjured up. I’m sure all of the players are trying but, as with today for example, it’s difficult to win matches with only 3 offensive minded players on the pitch. 

Which three were those?  Murphy, Lolley, Carvalho, Cash, Grabban, Guedioura or the other players who were always up the other half like Janko, Darikwa, Robinson and Colback?

I've seen us do this every year so the signs are there.  Let shit goals in by not doing the basics, run around a lot so you look like you're trying while making sure anything at the other end is a pot shot.  They could always be just short of confidence but past form, the post Ipswich interview and the DOF arrival at that time makes me call shenanigans.  Something has gone off and it's either sent everything to shit or the players have pulled a fast one, pick yer own.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

It is a coincidence it’s kicked off since Ipswich and the DoF. Im in the something “kicked off camp” with one too in the “players are just shit camp”

8 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Which three were those?  Murphy, Lolley, Carvalho, Cash, Grabban, Guedioura or the other players who were always up the other half like Janko, Darikwa, Robinson and Colback?

I've seen us do this every year so the signs are there.  Let shit goals in by not doing the basics, run around a lot so you look like you're trying while making sure anything at the other end is a pot shot.  They could always be just short of confidence but past form, the post Ipswich interview and the DOF arrival at that time makes me call shenanigans.  Something has gone off and it's either sent everything to shit or the players have pulled a fast one, pick yer own.

At the end of the match we had Lolley, Grabban and Murphy as players whose primary role is to attack. The rest, to varying degrees, were defensively minded players. Closing out a game that’d be understandable but when we’re chasing it, especially on the back of a poor run, I’d have hoped we’d have had more of a go at things. 

If Karanka has thrown a wobbler about having a DoF come in then he’s free to walk away. Whilst I’m no fan of that type of set-up, if that’s how the owners want to set up then Karanka has to go along with it or clear off. It seems he may have done what you’re accusing the players of. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

And the same thing has been happening with about 2 or 3 totally different squads over the last few years. The same conspiracy amongst the players remains despite only Osborn being left from the second BD era. Sounds plausible. 😵

That was proper shite today.

I’m not fussed if he gets tinned off.

I’ve seen us shit on at millwall before but we didn’t seem to give a fuck today.  That’s his fault.  Unacceptable.

The writing was always on the wall. Myself, Dane and ER have repeatedly highlighted the limitations of Karanka's management style. If you play a near identical style of game and negative tactics, an astute coach will find a technique to counter or exploit the weaknesses of the formation or player. A manager over time has to make changes or instigate improvements, but also learn to identify mistakes. If a formation doesn't work, change or implement a different system. It is not rocket science. There is no excuse, especially as the Manager been backed up with a huge transfer kitty (although this doesn't guarantee success). Once a manager instigates the blame game, then you know he's starting to lose control.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Something definately happened before, during, or after the Ipswich game Chaz. I said it at the time. 5 games since, no wins, 4 blanks in front of goal, and only 2 points. Karanka may well have spat his dummy out because of the appointment of a DoF. You blame the players' attitude, I blame Karanka's attitude, mate.

Earlier in the season, he made a comment that he plays the game his way, and he won't change....even if it costs him his job. Yesterday was a classic example of his stubborness. We needed a goal, so what does he do? Take Carvalho and Cash off, yet leave the two DM's on the pitch. This must infuriate the fuck out of the players. They've had enough of his "one trick pony" tactics mate, and it's starting to show on the pitch. Exactly the same thing happened at Boro, and the players there were instrumental in getting him the sack.

I think some people are trying to read more into this than really exists. Facts are, he's a shite manager, and once again, he's lost the dressing room. Those in support of him are now trying to save face and come up with any excuse to try and defend him. It would just be easier for you boys to admit that Dane was right all along.It will lift a great weight off your shoulders, not having to come up with excuses to defend him. Go on, just say it. Dane was right, I should have listened to him. You'll sleep better for it. HTH.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1