Adam

Match Thread: Norwich City - Nottingham Forest

3 minutes ago, OBE said:

SEVEN MINUTES of extra time was SHOCKING...but...
With the huge improvements that have been made to the infrastructure of our club, and the enormous amount of money our manager has been given for signings and salaries, there is still undeniably a gulf between the Norwich's and Leed's of this division and us - and there shouldn't be. I'm not advocating for pulling the managerial trigger AGAIN, but it is time some of the leadership in our club, in the back offices and on the pitch, take a good hard look at themselves. This, what we're seeing on match day, it's not good enough often enough. We look like amature, fragile, also-rans. 

Its back to that who can we actually beat in this division now..theyve sussed us and realize we havnt got any pace in the team..cash was shite today to be fair but scored two goals..

5 minutes ago, mrcunny said:

hes pretty much shit h had a chance to clear and missed the ball embarrasing display,never realized how slow he is too,i blame the manager from making a fairly solid left hand side to a weak one with 2 subs..

Exactly this. Karanka fucked up massively with this sub. 

Just don't get why he would think that would work when we were getting battered 

You could just sense it was coming. From the pressure they were putting us under and we were putting us under, as soon as the board went up for 7 mins I had about 10% belief we would win the game at 3-1 up. What does that say about the team? And people's belief in it in a winning position..

not sure why he wasnt telling darikwa to just be a full back he was out of position that many times.imo the improvement ive seen in him of late has all gone...woeful footballer..

21 minutes ago, mrcunny said:

his team his subs..

His team got us 3-0 up, it was only a succession of individual errors that cost us the game.  Darikwa had a shocker but Robinson would have got himself sent off so he had to go so Darikwa stays on.  Pants has gone to sleep for the second.  I wouldn't have taken Cash off but the game was end to end so why not bring on some fresh leg?  I don't get why Carvalho was the obvious man to go off, he's our most creative player.

The shorter version, if you've got twats on the pitch doing air shots at everything as soon as a bit of pressure is on then they need moving on.  Back to the manager, if he moves them on and replaces them he'll be a checkbook manager who can't motivate his players.  Either way he loses on here.

You only have to go through this thread, one minute he's proved everyone wrong, a couple of player fuck ups later he deserves the sack.  This place is more embarassing than Arsenal TV.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Steve Sutton called it in the commentary. He said Norwich go 2-4-4 to make teams try and take advantage and score another but get picked off on the break. If he could see it happening how didn’t our management know it wouldn’t happen and bring on an Osborn or Guediora? 

I don't blame Karanka for everything I blame him for that sub

dias should never play for this club again. Woeful uninterested player. 

If we don't win the next two I think Karanka will be gone anyway. The bubble won't have much patience left I'm sure 

2 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Steve Sutton called it in the commentary. He said Norwich go 2-4-4 to make teams try and take advantage and score another but get picked off on the break. If he could see it happening how didn’t our management know it wouldn’t happen and bring on an Osborn or Guediora? 

I'm glad that pair didn't get near the pitch after Saturday.

Don't know why Dias comes on for cash though. You could tell we were going to come under significant pressure what does Dias offer defensivley? He offers very little actually going forward never mind when under the cosh. It's remarkable you see Leeds go behind on the 88th min then grab 2 goals in 2mins to win. And Norwich grab 2 goals in injury time to get something. It's like the desire of our team has suddenly vanished

3 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

The shorter version, if you've got twats on the pitch doing air shots at everything as soon as a bit of pressure is on then they need moving on.

Or Karanka could try coaching the players he chose to bring in? 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Dane B said:

You just couldn't make it up could you? 

This would be our best win of the season if we hold on for 3 pts.

Fair play to karanka and the boys. 

Posted at 3-0. I just knew they'd come back at us, but I didn't expect that capitulation.

On a brighter note guys, I think we'd have all taken a point before kick off.

Down to 10th now, and we really do need 3 pts at the Den on Saturday.

Just now, Danny said:

Or Karanka could try coaching the players he chose to bring in? 

You usually talk sense but did you even think that through? 

Here's a ball lads, kick the fucking thing instead of doing air shots, coaching over.

The whole defensive collective at the club are a shambles.

When an average Robinson and a usually abject Fox are the best you can field and see them as leading lights then something is seriously and critically amiss. TheManager has to see the frailties and address them immediately. If he hasn’t got targets well progressed having seen the same problems compounded time after time after time then yes he does not deserve to waste another half season in charge

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

You usually talk sense but did you even think that through? 

Here's a ball lads, kick the fucking thing instead of doing air shots, coaching over.

Not that specific but he could coach them to be calmer under pressure and how to set up against a side threatening to overrun you. 

Just now, Danny said:

Not that specific but he could coach them to be calmer under pressure and how to set up against a side threatening to overrun you. 

Can you coach mentality?  You've either got it or you haven't. 

I can see another mass clear out in a week.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Let’s hope it includes the idiot manager 

1 minute ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Going through players at the rate we do is as bad as changing the manager IMO Chaz.

What we need is a settled, balanced squad. Too many players brought in just for the sake of bringing them in. Karanka reportedly looking at another midfielder. Why? We need quality defenders. We need a balanced squad.

1 minute ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

good...anyone who cant do a job get rid,sick of this having to swallow below average players..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dane B said:

Going through players at the rate we do is as bad as changing the manager IMO Chaz.

What we need is a settled, balanced squad. Too many players brought in just for the sake of bringing them in. Karanka reportedly looking at another midfielder. Why? We need quality defenders. We need a balanced squad.

I agree, I just think the fucker will snap with a few players who are appearing to be bottlers.  In fact, one or two need to be moved on.

Take Darikwa, he was great for a while but as soon as we lose a couple of games he goes to shit.  You can't be having that.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I think you could. Part of it is having confidence in yourself and your team mates. It seems a lot of our side don’t have that hence why they flap about. 

If it can’t be coached then surely that’s a fault in the recruitment process. Either way it’s not good enough. Three nil up away from home against anybody and you should be able to see it out. 

Drawing away at Norwich and Derby are fair results but coupled with home defeats to Preston and QPR then people are going to start asking questions. 

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

I agree, I just think the fucker will snap with a few players who are appearing to be bottlers.  In fact, one or two need to be moved on.

Take Darikwa, he was great for a while but as soon as we lose a couple of games he goes to shit.  You can't be having that.

Darikwa i just think hes thick,dumb he hasnt got a footballing brain...

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I think you could. Part of it is having confidence in yourself and your team mates. It seems a lot of our side don’t have that hence why they flap about. 

If it can’t be coached then surely that’s a fault in the recruitment process. Either way it’s not good enough. Three nil up away from home against anybody and you should be able to see it out. 

Drawing away at Norwich and Derby are fair results but coupled with home defeats to Preston and QPR then people are going to start asking questions. 

2nd half Preston, QPR and the last ten minutes here have been abysmal.  I guess some of that confidence has been drained because we've had to change the defence every week since Ipswich.  It's probably no coincidence that things went to shit when Dawson limped off coupled with the red card.

• Like 1