Adam

Match Thread: Nottingham Forest - Queens Park Rangers

12 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Win.

You would hope so, Chaz, but you wouldn't bet on it with any sort of confidence.

They haven't won at the city ground since God was a lad. Can't see that changing anytime soon, although they might shut up shop & nick a 0-0

4 hours ago, Dane B said:

You would hope so, Chaz, but you wouldn't bet on it with any sort of confidence.

I don't put bets on but if I did I would back us.  I thought Preston and Derby would be tricky, less so this.

12 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I don't put bets on but if I did I would back us.  I thought Preston and Derby would be tricky, less so this.

Gonna try and get my money back I lost on the Preston game, 3-0

• Upvote 1

Karanka's negativity regarding tactics especially at Home only compounds the argument that the manager is one-trick pony. Opposition Managers are starting to wise-up and implement techniques to counter his defensive attitude, and man-mark Grabban out of the game. Understandably we've never lost against QPR at the City Ground, but if the team underestimate them we could lose three important points. If you examine QPR recent record the majority of their losses were early in the season and against the promotion chasing teams, although away form is poor. Their record and performances have vastly improved, and play a similar type of game and tactics adopted by Karanka. Furthermore they've surprised Middlesbrough recently.   

This season everything has turned upside down with fantastic away form, but poor-middling home results and performances. With our injury worries in the defence, and hectic schedule over the Christmas period I'm concerned Karanka could rest one or two players today whether as a precaution or strategic planning for Boxing Day.

My heart, history, and overall form suggests 2-1 win,  but honestly I think our momentum with a loss against Preston and QPR recent improvement this fixture could suggest be another banana skin. So I'm going for a 0-1 QPR.   

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, nemesiz said:

My heart, history, and overall form suggests 2-1 win,  but honestly I think our momentum with a loss against Preston and QPR recent improvement this fixture could suggest be another banana skin. So I'm going for a 0-1 QPR.   

I don't believe Karanka can afford to lose against QPR, as I think a loss today, coupled with a defeat at Norwich, would see us fall off the playoff pace, be miles off the auto's, mid table on Boxing Day, 2 wins in 8, 3 defeats in 4, 1 point in 12, and a P45 for Karanka. 

Hopefully the opposite will happen and we have a good festive period, but, if we are capable of losing at home to Preston, then we are more than capable of losing at home to QPR. 

Big, big, game for Karanka. 

24 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I don't believe Karanka can afford to lose against QPR, as I think a loss today, coupled with a defeat at Norwich, would see us fall off the playoff pace, be miles off the auto's, mid table on Boxing Day, 2 wins in 8, 3 defeats in 4, 1 point in 12, and a P45 for Karanka. 

Hopefully the opposite will happen and we have a good festive period, but, if we are capable of losing at home to Preston, then we are more than capable of losing at home to QPR. 

Big, big, game for Karanka. 

Fucking hell Dane have a day off from being miserable fucker.. it’s a tough Festive period in fairness top two and Millwall away which is never easy. 

These games will not decide Karanka future. I’m not sure how many games fans off here actually go to but the way Karanka is sung about at matches particularly away ones I don’t think he’ll go all season unless we go out of the top ten anytime soon and even then I doubt it. 

Merry Christmas 😛

Edited by Ian
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Fucking hell Dane have a day off from being miserable fucker.. it’s a tough Festive period in fairness top two and Millwall away which is never easy. 

These games will not decide Karanka future. I’m not sure how many games fans off here actually go to but the way Karanka is sung about at matches particularly away ones I don’t think he’ll go all season unless we go out of the top ten anytime soon and even then I doubt it. 

Merry Christmas 😛

Ian we all want Karanka to succeed, and prove the critics and doubters (including myself) wrong but Marinakis has a history of demanding success. Understandably stability and time is crucial when building a team to get promotion, but with the threat of FFP and the pressure by football fans, the short-term goal might be Promotion (or bust). So the next few matches are key to Nottingham Forest challenging for a play-off place, and keep pace with the Top two and an automatic promotion spot. Also the results and performances could be guide to Marinakis whether to provide additional funds for transfers, or insist if a key player or two is sold.

IF the owner is not satisfied, and we're outside the play-off places by the New Year the club could see a change in management especially if there is a viable alternative.     

Edited by nemesiz
addmendum.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Merry Christmas 😛

Ian, it isn't the fans decision whether he stays or goes, it's down to Marinakis, who has the reputation of being a little bit ruthless when it comes to firing managers. 

Neither does my opinion count, mate, but you all know I couldn't give a shit if he left tomorrow. 20 odd new players, £25m+ spent, and still one win in 3.

And a very merry Christmas to you and yours, Ian. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

We'll finish in the top six

What's that based on? Not saying we won't but just interested why you're so confident.

There are 8 sides for me fighting for 6 spots. Are we definitely in the best 6 of those 8? I'm not so sure. I don't think we're as good as some of our fans think...there are several quite glaring weaknesses in our squad which absolutely have to be addressed in the window if play offs are to go from 'maybe' to 'definitely'.

23 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

It's a good job he hasn't spent 30 odd million then.  We'll finish in the top six and any of our fans that aren't happy with that are frankly idiots.

I’m no Karanka fan but I’ll be buzzing with top six. I thought we’d finish between 10th and 14th and still do but I’ll be fucking delighted with play offs. 

Forest: Pantilimon, Darikwa, Figueiredo, Robinson, Janko, Guedioura, Colback, Lolley, Carvalho, Osborn, Grabban. Subs: Steele, Murphy, Cash, Yacob, Dias, Ansarifard, Hefele.

he must be fucking blind to drop Yacob