Sign in to follow this  
Ricknffc

January transfer window

Would Defoe be a good short term loan to help us with goals to push us to the prem?

Will we be able to get rid of players that are no where near the first team?

5 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

I would say a GK and a winger to compete with Cash.

That one we haven't seen yet is probably more than good enough.  Cash and Dias are already fighting for that spot, Lolley picks himself.

Coming in should be anyone who is considerably better than the players we already have in their position, has their best years ahead of them, and represents value for money. If not, let's not bother.

Most obvious going out seems to be Bridcutt, clearly not going to get a look in after being replaced by someone older and worse, poor sod is wasting the last good years of his career here. Soudani and that Iranian bloke are never going to do anything here, may as well save time and move them on now.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Our priority should be to trim some of the fat first. I think we have a few players coming back to the club after their loans end to add to the squad. 

Under no circumstances should we invest in any more greek or middle eastern footballers.

On 12/19/2018 at 8:39 PM, Charlie Cheswick said:

That one we haven't seen yet is probably more than good enough.  Cash and Dias are already fighting for that spot, Lolley picks himself.

Agreed, I think we will see a lot more of Goncalves in the 2nd half of the season.

I don’t think we will buy anyone. We stuck gold with Lolley last January unless there’s someone better than we’ve got I think we’ll add a couple of premier league loans maybe to freshen it up and that’ll be it. 

13 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

Agreed, I think we will see a lot more of Goncalves in the 2nd half of the season.

Although I read Karanka is looking to bring an attacking midfielder/winger in and a full back - both of which he thinks will improve us. 

Looks like they're also looking to move that Greek fella out already, I'm not sure Olympiakos are any better than us as literally none of their old players have done anything here. 

23 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Just seen a stat that says Forest have more clean clean sheets than anyone in the top 4 leagues this year. Keeper cant be that bad.

I think it's in spite of him rather than because of him.

Helps when you play 6 defensively-minded players in front of him too. Even at home.

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Although I read Karanka is looking to bring an attacking midfielder/winger in and a full back - both of which he thinks will improve us. 

Looks like they're also looking to move that Greek fella out already, I'm not sure Olympiakos are any better than us as literally none of their old players have done anything here. 

Tachtsidis is a weird one. Almost looks like a dodgy way to get round FFP. Didn't the same happen with Kapino?

21 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Signing players like that means we get them for free and sell them on for a fee. We somehow managed to make £1m profit on Kapino. Happy with that if it helps us with FFP.

• Upvote 1

Just proves he hasn’t got a fucking clue and will just buy as many players as he can. We have Lolly, Carvalho and Grabban who are allowed to attack - you could buy fucking Harry Kane but if you have 8 behind the ball and the defensive midfielders and centre halves trying to hit 30 yard balls then you won’t create fuck all you dullard 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/aitor-karanka-rethink-nottingham-forests-2359233

Karanka had planned to make only two or three new additions during the forthcoming window – but says the attitude demonstrated by his players, as QPR notched up their first ever win at the City Ground, might prompt him to rethink that blueprint.

When asked if Forest’s performance and attitude in their 1-0 defeat on home soil would inspire him to consider a similar late flurry of activity, Karanka confirmed that it might.

So is he now saying that some of the players HE has brought have the wrong attitude?

Simple remedy. Open the owners' chequebook and start all over again.

Very poor style of management, especially when you compare how Monk has got Brum playing without spending a penny on players.

If a player doesn't perform, it's normally for one of two reasons. He either has a bad attitude, or he's given up on his manager. For an whole team to under perform ala versus Preston and QPR, I'd suggest the latter.

It doesn't really matter though Jamie, as I don't believe he'll be here long enough into Jan for him to spend any more of the owners cash.

I don’t think that it has helped when he stormed off like a billy big bollocks when we beat Ipswich at home only to then have 2 home defeats on the trot 

I agree I think he is a dead man walking come 5 o’clock on 1/1/1/9 

Bournemouth say Defoe can leave, if we could get him on a short contract with reasonable wages it's another striker who will get goals, not sure how he would fit into a system with 1 up front tho..? I know it's another old player and there is not many days left in him but I'm just thinking purely to help fire us out of this league..

Edited by Ricknffc

Just a keeper for me if we are sticking with Karanka - watching the highlights again just shows how useless Pantilimon is 

Rooted to the spot and always gets done by the low shots. Kicking is terrible and never comes for crosses. Let’s hope the reports of Darlow are true 

A ‘keeper is an absolute must for me.  For Leeds’ first all Pantillimon had to do was stick out a leg and he’d have kept it out easily. As it was he lumbered down and let the ball under him. For a big fella he’s fucking terrible at commanding his box. No wonder the useless git had barely played before we got mugged off by signing him. I remember a few raving about him shortly after he came but I think that was more to do with just how shite Smith was before him. Thinking about it, who was the last proper decent ‘keeper that we had?

Depending on how our injured centre halves are getting on I’d be looking to bring someone in on loan too. 

Edited by Danny