Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Match Thread: Derby County - Nottingham Forest

Part of me thinks there is no way AK will want us losing this...especially after losing on Saturday so could set us up for 0-0 or smash and grab like we did at Leeds.

Another part of me looks at who we have available and I fear the worst.

1-0 Sheep 

Can't see past a Derby win here. Hope I'm wrong, but we look so weak at the back at the moment. We have enough midfielders to sink a battleship, yet only one recognised Left Back? Crazy. If we are forced to play Osborne at LB again, it could get embarrassing for us. 

Derby away, Norwich away, and Leeds at home in our next 5 games. Defeat at Derby could start a run that sees us off the play off pace at the end of the year. We really do need to take something from this game.

I fear the worst but I also did against Boro and Villa and look what happened - not sure my heart could take another 5-5 though!

I worry about the defence, they will target Osborn if he is at fullback so fingers crossed either Dawson or Fox are available. Didn't Colback feature at left back for Newcaastle in the past?

9 hours ago, Dane B said:

Can't see past a Derby win here. Hope I'm wrong, but we look so weak at the back at the moment. We have enough midfielders to sink a battleship, yet only one recognised Left Back? Crazy. If we are forced to play Osborne at LB again, it could get embarrassing for us. 

Derby away, Norwich away, and Leeds at home in our next 5 games. Defeat at Derby could start a run that sees us off the play off pace at the end of the year. We really do need to take something from this game.

Or on the half full side we could win all three and really be in the mix going into January. 

I worry about Marriott against our defence but we should go there and be positive. We have the best winger and striker in the league. Who knows Dawson and Fox may be ready.... I hope. 

8 hours ago, rob_johnstoneuk said:

I worry about the defence, they will target Osborn if he is at fullback so fingers crossed either Dawson or Fox are available. Didn't Colback feature at left back for Newcastle in the past?

Yeah, he played there semi-regularly. I had a browse around their forum when he signed and their fans rated him much higher as a left back than a midfielder. 

With a full squad we win. With a makeshift defence, we lose. Dawson availability will be the difference. 

Surely we can stick janko at left back, who gives a fuck if he isn't left footed he should still be able to use his left foot for getting it down the line and has the strength and pace to come inside with his right foot without losing the ball. It's going to be a really tough game and we need to nullify Harry Wilson. They will try and nullify Lolley but I think he has too much for players, his pace and agility is that good that he dances through players, Wilson is slightly different, if you stand off him he will punish you with clinical shooting, but he can't dance and trick his way past players like Lolley. It would be fantastic to see Dawson and fox back, just one of them would be a bonus anyway. I hope we give it a proper good go and I hope Lolley and grabban have their shooting boots on cos we need to be clinical in this game. 1st goal will be very important

Edited by Ricknffc

On 12/15/2018 at 4:45 PM, Ricknffc said:

Surely we can stick janko at left back, who gives a fuck if he isn't left footed he should still be able to use his left foot for getting it down the line and has the strength and pace to come inside with his right foot without losing the ball. It's going to be a really tough game and we need to nullify Harry Wilson. They will try and nullify Lolley but I think he has too much for players, his pace and agility is that good that he dances through players, Wilson is slightly different, if you stand off him he will punish you with clinical shooting, but he can't dance and trick his way past players like Lolley. It would be fantastic to see Dawson and fox back, just one of them would be a bonus anyway. I hope we give it a proper good go and I hope Lolley and grabban have their shooting boots on cos we need to be clinical in this game. 1st goal will be very important

I'd go with Janko at RB, Hefele & Darikwa at CB and Robinson at LB.

I wouldn't play any of the spanish speaking lads, to physical of a game for them, Grabbon not scored for a game and a half and expect him to get at least 1, 1-2 Cash with the other.

This one is to close to call , both teams playing well nothing to choose between them , Again its one of them where the team that knows what this game means to the fans wins. 

6 hours ago, US_RED said:

I wouldn't play any of the spanish speaking lads, to physical of a game for them, Grabbon not scored for a game and a half and expect him to get at least 1, 1-2 Cash with the other.

Assuming you mean Portuguese...you wouldn't play Carvalho? Yes in parts it'll be a physical game but its not the 70s where its just a straight scrap and if a game of football breaks out then we need our best players to cause the sheep problems.

We want to win the game and to do that we'll need that front 3 of Carvalho, Lolley and Grabban all on song.

theyre no better than Villa in my opinion so as long as our defence is up to the task it should be a good game. Need to keep our discipline though as been a lot of red cards in recent derbys.

Team for me...

If Dawson is fit:

--------------------------Pants------------------------

Darikwa--------Hefele----Dawson----Robinson

--------------Colback--------Yacob----------------

Cash----------------Carvalho-----------Lolley

-------------------------Grabban------------------

If Dawson is out:

--------------------------Pants------------------------

Darikwa--------Hefele----Robinson------Colback

--------------Guedioura--------Yacob----------------

Cash----------------Carvalho-----------Lolley