colin

Match Thread : vs Ipswich Town

2 minutes ago, darcy said:

Yet all those people still say he was a waste of money and old and won’t score zzz

I know Darcy but I hope those supporters can eat their humble pie gracefully, grabban is a goalscorer, Sunderland, villa, forest. Clever striker. Would be surprised if he doesn't get a hat trick today.

We have the best striker in the league and  a superb midfield. We should fear absolutely nobody. The playoffs are there for the taking.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nottmred said:

We have the best striker in the league and  a superb midfield. We should fear absolutely nobody. The playoffs are there for the taking.

Fuck the playoffs. I placed 20 bricks on then winning the league in July.

25 minutes ago, molymoly said:

Fuck the playoffs. I placed 20 bricks on then winning the league in July.

We will certainly be in the mix but there’s a couple good sides. Norwich will win the league and then 2nd spot is between us, derby, villa, Leeds and Boro I reckon.

No way will Norwich will win the league.. just about make the play offs. 

January will be key for us.. Villa will be up there with Leeds, Derby and Forest in the top 4.. strengthen further in January we will go up automatically. 

Dawson, Figueiredo and Fox likely missing for Derby game, leaving only Hefele and Robinson as centre half options. That would see Osborn slot in at left back 😨😨😨😨

17 minutes ago, Caz said:

Dawson, Figueiredo and Fox likely missing for Derby game, leaving only Hefele and Robinson as centre half options. That would see Osborn slot in at left back 😨😨😨😨

Fox will be back before then.

Easy 2-0 win and hit the bar 3 times. I hope we have appealed Figs red card as we are looking very light at the back now. Robinson has been class at LB and would be a shame to have to move him.

1 hour ago, Caz said:

Any word on Dawson?

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Loving the Meggo football.  Probably should have been more but decent all the same.

Haha surprised we haven't had the usual "good result but I still fucking hate the shite manager" crap we usually get on here...

• Upvote 1

Not from me mate, I'll always give credit where it's due. I am pleasantly surprised with our performances in the last 3 games, and am starting to buy into what we are doing.

The only thing that really worries me at the moment is if Grabban picks up an injury. What cover do we have for him. Murphy? Keep Grabban fit and we really do have a chance of top 6 this season. There will be some good teams up there, but we are playing as good as anyone at the moment.

2 hours ago, nottmred said:

We will certainly be in the mix but there’s a couple good sides. Norwich will win the league and then 2nd spot is between us, derby, villa, Leeds and Boro I reckon.

I think Villa will piss the league Luke. Fantastic 3-0 win at Boro tonight. Boro only conceded 3 at home all season. That result does make our performance at Villa look even better than it was.

Villa and WBA to fill the auto's

Us, Leeds, Norwich, Boro, Derby, and poss Sheff Utd to fight it out for the play off places. I can't really see anyone else entering the fray, not even Swansea or Stoke.

3 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

Easy 2-0 win and hit the bar 3 times. I hope we have appealed Figs red card as we are looking very light at the back now. Robinson has been class at LB and would be a shame to have to move him.

I don't think an appeal would be worth putting in, some would give red some wouldn't, don't usually get overturned though and don't you get an extended ban if you lose your appeal?

2 hours ago, Savo said:

Could you imagine a play off against the sheep? 

I think that could be very likely. Maybe just maybe it could be our year boys, not even going to dream about the possibility of automatics but top 6 looks very very achievable right now. I just pray we can actually have a season without a 9 month injury to one of our key players i.e Lolley, grabban. 

2 hours ago, Dane B said:

Not from me mate, I'll always give credit where it's due. I am pleasantly surprised with our performances in the last 3 games, and am starting to buy into what we are doing.

The only thing that really worries me at the moment is if Grabban picks up an injury. What cover do we have for him. Murphy? Keep Grabban fit and we really do have a chance of top 6 this season. There will be some good teams up there, but we are playing as good as anyone at the moment.

Fair play, mate. I thought you would never change your spots. I've always said give a manager a season at the very least. It might have gone tits up but at least let the man die on his sword.

We have the Iranian lad up front plus Murphy and Soudani. I'd like to see us getting a spritely CB in on cover in Jan. The idea of Hefele and Dawson  does not inspire me.