Adam

Match Thread: Aston Villa - Nottingham Forest

goals alone i dont think pantillimon can be soley to blame, i dont think he could have done much more, quality finishes at end of day and abraham who is a prem player bullied our centre halves to be fair. Yeah distribution is shite and a bettwr keeper is probably what we ahould be looking for but today was justba crazy crazy game that pretty much everything anyone hit went in

haha what a game still cant believe it, watching highlights over and over, we tore that defence open lolleys pace and passing and that goal, player of the month again? Cash just sprinted through the middle and lovely composed finish. Bit lucky to get that 5th as it should never go in from there but there 2nd was a load of tosh equally. Good job abraham tried to grab his 5th at the end and got called offside the greedy bastard as i dont think we would have cleared that off the line. Every goal frm both sides didnt give the keeper a cat in hells chance bar our last one. Abrahams headers we basically in the inside side netting and their 5th was a beauty.

0-0 v ipswich ha?

7 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

goals alone i dont think pantillimon can be soley to blame, i dont think he could have done much more, quality finishes at end of day

The 2nd goal was a pretty routine strike he spilled back into the ruck of players. And the penalty...keepers are never expected to save them but it was almost like he dived out of the way. 

It's clear that the defence has absolutely no confidence in him which makes our recent run defensively even more impressive. 

Steele has to be worth a go. Either that or bring in a premier league keeper on loan in Jan. What about Darlow? Never see him in the side 

12 hours ago, darcy said:

i thought the same...

Back to this point briefly. Switched on Sky sports news last night to watch the goals again and first story from the championship was handbags between Joe Allen and Bradley Johnson. Then they had an interview with the managers and then finally went through full highlights. 

Then finally they mentioned the small matter of a 10-goal thriller from Villa Park.

His kicking is atrocious as well. Considering his size he is stuck on his line and never claims crosses. As I said last night - you can see why no one has wanted him for years 

Our biggest concern from last night should be that Figuerido is now banned for the next three. Annoyingly, this includes Derby too. 

Edited by nottmred

That was never a red card. 

Steele has to be given a go. 

That front four of Lolley, Carvalho, Cash and Grabban is as good as any in the league and having finally ditched having two blockers in midfield has really made a difference. There’s no longer a gap between the back six and front four. 

47 minutes ago, Savo said:

The 2nd goal was a pretty routine strike he spilled back into the ruck of players. And the penalty...keepers are never expected to save them but it was almost like he dived out of the way. 

It's clear that the defence has absolutely no confidence in him which makes our recent run defensively even more impressive. 

Steele has to be worth a go. Either that or bring in a premier league keeper on loan in Jan. What about Darlow? Never see him in the side 

yeah i agree 2nd goal he should be holding it, a decent keeper would others i dont think he could do much about. If we could bring in a prem keeper i would be all for it. if we want to have a real go at getting in the prem then we need to reject all offers for our first team in january and make a couple of quality strong additions. Im confident if we are in the top 6 in janiary there will be money to spend on 1 or 2 quality additions which is all we need really

41 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

yeah i agree 2nd goal he should be holding it, a decent keeper would others i dont think he could do much about. If we could bring in a prem keeper i would be all for it. if we want to have a real go at getting in the prem then we need to reject all offers for our first team in january and make a couple of quality strong additions. Im confident if we are in the top 6 in janiary there will be money to spend on 1 or 2 quality additions which is all we need really

And also he got a very week hand to the disallowed goal and it was only that Abraham could resist a 5th goal or we would have lost. I just sense the back 4 are not one bit confident with him.

but it was a crazy night and great entertainment although at 5-4 I would have bet my house on is losing but the lads have a real determination about them at the moment. I also think that is Carvalho’s best performance on a Forest shirt. It’s funny but the back 5 for both teams were terrible and the other 6 on both sides had the game of their lives

Nick Pope at Burnley might be a good shout for nets

or Vorm?

Edited by E R

yea i agree i dont think he fills anyone with much confidence, he does have obvious faults, distribution and claiming crosses being the stand out ones, i just think after numerous clean sheets and a crazy night at both ends we shouldnt just start slaying him, especially when the majority of their goals were very hard to keep out.

yeah nick pope would be a fantastic addition

What a game of football. I woke my poor 3 year old lad a few times with shouting at the Tele! 

Going forward we look like Barca at times, we have such a immense  final 3rd. They are all clicking so well. 

Defense, it was just one of thouse crazy games, they happen once in a while. But I agree on Pants - he's crap. Kicking is shocking, coming out for balls, shocking. I think he only caught one decent shot if I remember. 

Cant see karanka dropping him though. 

Really positive at the moment. 

Reckon we could use competition for Robinson as well, he's been marvellous last few weeks but Bolasie had twice which led to goals. 

It was a fantastic advert for the championship just not defending. saying that all our goals were top quality compared to only one or two of theirs - the rest were shit mistakes 

8 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Reckon we could use competition for Robinson as well, he's been marvellous last few weeks but Bolasie had twice which led to goals. 

I think Bolasie is one of the best wingers in the division - Robinson will not come up against much better. Tbh I think Villa's forward line could do a job in a lower-end Prem team - worrying if we go up, but then I'd probably expect wholesale changes if managed the 'impossible'.

1 hour ago, molymoly said:

I think Bolasie is one of the best wingers in the division - Robinson will not come up against much better. Tbh I think Villa's forward line could do a job in a lower-end Prem team - worrying if we go up, but then I'd probably expect wholesale changes if managed the 'impossible'.

I agree I think he was quality against Leeds, but come the transfer window will there be more Bolasie's in the league. Also if he  gets injured we only have Osborn as back up. 

As for the impossible I think we will and should achieve a play off place. From there its anyone's guess. 

2 hours ago, Thommo said:

I agree I think he was quality against Leeds, but come the transfer window will there be more Bolasie's in the league. Also if he  gets injured we only have Osborn as back up. 

As for the impossible I think we will and should achieve a play off place. From there its anyone's guess. 

Yes, mate - fair point - I forgot about the back up. He's no LB...

20 hours ago, Dane B said:

I worry that a Prem club might test our resolve in January Ian, and put in a decent bid for Lolley.

Cardiff interested and expected to put an offer in 

43 minutes ago, Caz said:

Cardiff interested and expected to put an offer in 

Not a good move for the lad though. Cardiff almost certainly going down.