Adam

Match Thread: Aston Villa - Nottingham Forest

Wow. WOW. What a game.

I'd have been more than happy with a 1-1. 😄

Great advertisement for the Championship. Two teams giving it their all.

Well done Forest. We could easily have buckled at 5-4. Held on well for the point at the end.

This team is slowly winning me over.

26 minutes ago, E R said:

Honestly if I never saw Pantilimon in a Forest shirt again it would be too soon.

I wonder if Villa fans feel the same about Nyland? 5 shots on target and 5 goals for Forest.

Regardless of your thoughts on Karanka, no-one can deny our ‘never say die’ attitude this season. We’re never out of a match and credit to the lads for keeping at it again. 

Just now, Dane B said:

I wonder if Villa fans feel the same about Nyland? 5 shots on target and 5 goals for Forest.

Pantillimon is shite. A new ‘keeper in January is vital. 

• Upvote 1

Entertaining game for the neutral. 

Lolley was on fire.

Pantilimon should be set on fire. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

How come all of a sudden we can’t defend? Score five away and be happy with one point - that’s shit. Pants needs replacing. No command of his field at all and a very poor kicker. Entertaining stuff though ... onwards and upwards!

Back into the play offs with home games against Ipswich, Preston and QPR coming up and Derby away. No reason why we can't go and win the lot! chance to really climb the league here. Heading into December wth only 2 league defeats all season, brilliant. 

I would just have to try Steele because he just cannot be any worse - there was a reason no one wanted Pantilimon and now we know why 

Just back in the car.. what a match, heart rate just about coming back down.. 

Lolley and Grabban what a pair of signings I know Lolley came in January but hes been a game changer.. Grabban from at the start of the season looked a bit lazy and wanted it laid on a plate to now a real worker for the team and holds the ball up well. The manager has worked well with them both. 

Both full backs struggled a bit defensively against very good players.. centre half’s don’t look to have any confidence in our keeper and agree it’s vital we go out and sign a top keeper if possible in January. 

Edited by Ian

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

Lolley and Grabban what a pair of signings I know Lolley came in January but hes been a game changer..

I worry that a Prem club might test our resolve in January Ian, and put in a decent bid for Lolley.

4 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I worry that a Prem club might test our resolve in January Ian, and put in a decent bid for Lolley.

What would be his value? 10m? 15m? You look at the value of other players at this level that have a similar impact on games and that seems to be the going rate 

2 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I agree. I think we have to expect it..

I would hope we show some resolve and reject any bid, we don’t need to sell and would our owner want to sell when all he wants is premier league football next season. 

Would hope a new contract with a pay rise  and a give us till the summer and see where we are will see us hold onto him. 

Just now, Savo said:

What would be his value? 10m? 15m? You look at the value of other players at this level that have a similar impact on games and that seems to be the going rate 

Absolutely. £13 million for Burke you can start at £20 million for me