Sign in to follow this  
Daz

'Premier League 2'

It'd rumoured to be back on the cards after the recent Sky/EPL tv contract has turned into a shambles.

Who would be in favour?

I'd probably back it. If we were more aligned with the Premier League then it'd be easier to market the club and probably give the club more money than the current tv contract deal.

You would hope it could lead to the gap between the PL and Championship closing - with a bigger gulf emerging between the championship and league one.

The downside would be that surely league one and two teams would struggle. Some could go under. Is that really our responsibility though?

Surprisingly, the Championship is the 3rd best attended league in Europe, after the Prem and the Bundesliga. It seems inevitable that sooner or later it will be Prem 2.

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

Surprisingly, the Championship is the 3rd best attended league in Europe, after the Prem and the Bundesliga. It seems inevitable that sooner or later it will be Prem 2.

i think this is why the championship clubs arent happy with the TV deal. When you think about it ... it's not that surprising.... you've got us, Leeds, Derby, Villa, Sheffield, Norwich all pulling in crowds higher than the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley etc. 

Surely that means more fans ready to part with £ to watch games live? Probably not as simple as that but the "brand presence" of teams in the championship should command more cash. 

Villa and Leeds were the 10th and 12th best supported teams in England last season, yet get a fraction of the tv money clubs like Bournemouth and Watford receive..........even though they stand to lose more money for live televised games. Leeds had 19 live games last season.

And yes, I'd be in favour of it. Anything that closes the financial gap between the Prem and the Championship makes sense to me. I think the EFL have dropped a bit of a bollock here. Inadvertently, they may have started the ball rolling with this deal. Some very powerful men in charge of Championship clubs that aren't happy with this deal.

I don't give a shit. It's all so irrelevant to me nowadays. TV money, hyper wages, ''Brand'', Shuffling games about for TV, etc. Can't play if it's snowed a bit, international breaks for no reason apart from making money for the F.A. Reserve teams for the League cup. The fucking Checkatrade trophy. Winter fucking break. I really couldn't care less. The games gone to shit as far as I'm concerned. They took it away from the fans years ago. I feel so sorry for those brought up since 1992 & all they've watched is a load of hyped up crap.  Fuck it. Fuck it all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Makes no difference, just re-branding so some greedy cunts can line their pockets a bit more.  It'll still be the second division no matter what they call it.

Exactly. The only thing it will affect in real terms is the cost to the supporters. More More and More.

Edited by legs_akimbo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, i.k.s said:

I don't give a shit. It's all so irrelevant to me nowadays. TV money, hyper wages, ''Brand'', Shuffling games about for TV, etc. Can't play if it's snowed a bit, international breaks for no reason apart from making money for the F.A. Reserve teams for the League cup. The fucking Checkatrade trophy. Winter fucking break. I really couldn't care less. The games gone to shit as far as I'm concerned. They took it away from the fans years ago. I feel so sorry for those brought up since 1992 & all they've watched is a load of hyped up crap.  Fuck it. Fuck it all.

This.

4 hours ago, i.k.s said:

All fair points......but if you feel that strongly that football is shit and it's all irrelevant to you why are you here? You know, on a football forum.....?

14 hours ago, H-Block said:

All fair points......but if you feel that strongly that football is shit and it's all irrelevant to you why are you here? You know, on a football forum.....?

Habit.