Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Match Thread: Hull City - Nottingham Forest

Should have had 5. Didn't expect fireworks after seeing how Hull performed in their previous three games..but they were very poor today and allowed us to play. Need to work a little better on that final pass.

Regardless, it's a win and a chance to take a bit of confidence into the next game. 

Well done boys - started both halves well and second half we battered them

well done the lads - looking tight at the top 😳

We’ve settled on a side now and it’s beginning to tell. What a difference it makes having a proper goalscorer and Lolley has been a revelation. I thought he was pretty limited when he came in last season but he makes things happen. Onwards and upwards!

22 minutes ago, E R said:

Why has Lolly swapped sides? 

Lolley was pretty much inter-changing all game with Cash - Hull hadn't a clue how to contain them.

Good result against a Hull team that has run into a bit of form. Thank God we have Lolley and Grabban. They have been our match winners this season.

• Like 1

Delighted with the 3 points at a ground that proves the adage that " it's grim up north "..  Grabban and Lolley just cannot stop scoring .. Onwards and upwards ..

Solid win 

I echo the thoughts of sticking with the same team now. Things are really clicking. 

One point off the top two and in 7th place. This league is fucking tight. Keep up the pace, constantly and we're in with a chance 

It says something of the progress we've made when Karanka says after todays win that we need to be more ambitious and score more goals ....  Clearly he's not content with us just being defensively solid and wants us to attack more often ...

Yacob looks class, that is hopefully his place in the team cemented now. The team is now settled, tight at the back and creating a load of chances. Things are looking good at the minute. Absolutely buzzing, I'm convinced we will only get better as well. The current 7 plus Villa will form a mini league I reckon, but there is no reason for us to fear any of them or anyone in this league.

Experience, youth, fight, togetherness, strength in depth, this squad has it all. A remarkable turnaround in 18 months under the Marinakis era. 

cant help but laugh when the defender who makes the mistake for grabbans goal twats the ball against grabbans ankles which forces him to deck it and it flies into the net again.

yep massive turn around under marinakis. Looking forward to the xmas period as like others i believe we will have strength over other clubs. we dont have to fear anyone in this division and over recent history we have proved to play rather good against top of the league teams. our defensive record is 2nd in the league i believe behind middlesboro? karanka looks like he has found his first team and hes sticking with it. The only 2 players that look like they could be switched at the moment are yacob for guediora and dawson for fox. Yacob has slotted in very very nicely. finally looks like watson wont be seen near the first team again ( i know he might be on his way in january anyway). The way the goals came about today.. Maybe, just maybe its our season to do something with luck going our way for once in a long time. If we can follow this up with 3 points on wednesday against villa it really will show we mean business.

Just been reading the comments of a couple of 'Ull fans on one of their forums .  They think we're the best team to have visited the KC this season by some distance ... Nice to see that for a change ..

Proper poachers goal from Grabban. Want to see him in those positions more and not coming deep or taking up wide positions. 

1 hour ago, Caz said:

Proper poachers goal from Grabban. Want to see him in those positions more and not coming deep or taking up wide positions. 

To be fair to him, as a loan striker you do need to drop deep at times and hold the ball to bring others into play, something that I actually think he does very well. Intelligent and a goal scorer, not had 1 of them upfront for a long time.

16 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

To be fair to him, as a loan striker you do need to drop deep at times and hold the ball to bring others into play, something that I actually think he does very well. Intelligent and a goal scorer, not had 1 of them upfront for a long time.

We didn't loan him. We paid 6 million. 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

23 hours ago, colin said:

Just been reading the comments of a couple of 'Ull fans on one of their forums .  They think we're the best team to have visited the KC this season by some distance ... Nice to see that for a change ..

Has Karanka been reading the pages of this gaff? 15 shots with 6 on target?

200.webp?cid=3640f6095bfbe0f763685871411

8 hours ago, i.k.s said:

Has Karanka been reading the pages of this gaff? 15 shots with 6 on target?

200.webp?cid=3640f6095bfbe0f763685871411

Maybe Andy , and yet he thinks we aught to be much more aggressive in attack ..................