E R

Match thread : Nottingham Forest v Stoke City

1 hour ago, bestwood_red! said:

Stopped going about a month ago. Can’t soend anymore money on something I don’t enjoy. 

Fair play, your choice.. 

Edited by Ian

1 hour ago, E R said:

McClean was the best player in the park by some way and that carvalho looks like we have pissed 13 million quid away

And there my friends is my point about these “I’ve seen every game this season” 😂😂😂😂

I thought the best player on the pitch was Darikwa, he's come on some since he came back into the team. 

Carvalho's a funny one, four or five years ago he'd have cost four or five million and you'd say he was great for that money.  The money for decent young players these days is insane.  That said, I wouldn't swap him for Stoke's players that cost the same.

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

I thought the best player on the pitch was Darikwa, he's come on some since he came back into the team. 

I'd give an honorable shout out to Robinson as well - fantastic player

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Carvalho's a funny one, four or five years ago he'd have cost four or five million and you'd say he was great for that money.  The money for decent young players these days is insane.  That said, I wouldn't swap him for Stoke's players that cost the same.

Carvalho is one step ahead of everyone else, he creates a yard of space very quickly with his near perfect touch, looks up for a pass and nobody was in a position to receive other than those behind him. I don't think we utilise him nearly as well as we can yet he still has the 2nd most assists in the division this season. He needs to work on his physical attributes but Im sure that will come, the same way it has for Cash since last season. He pretty much wins everything in the air these days and almost had a brilliant headed assist to his name had Grabban buried it in the last minute.

3 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

Carvalho is one step ahead of everyone else, he creates a yard of space very quickly with his near perfect touch, looks up for a pass and nobody was in a position to receive other than those behind him. I don't think we utilise him nearly as well as we can yet he still has the 2nd most assists in the division this season. He needs to work on his physical attributes but Im sure that will come, the same way it has for Cash since last season. He pretty much wins everything in the air these days and almost had a brilliant headed assist to his name had Grabban buried it in the last minute.

When he gets the ball in the last third you think something could happen, elsewhere on the pitch you think you'll keep the ball.  He's a good footballer without doubt.  Just think with the silly money spent on transfers it put unrealistic expectations on what we expect from players.  Like for that money you'd expect Collymore, but these days Collymore would cost £100m.  You know.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

When he gets the ball in the last third you think something could happen, elsewhere on the pitch you think you'll keep the ball.  He's a good footballer without doubt.  Just think with the silly money spent on transfers it put unrealistic expectations on what we expect from players.  Like for that money you'd expect Collymore, but these days Collymore would cost £100m.  You know.

When a non goal scoring striker like Brereton is moving for £7m, Burke went for £13m after a handful of games, Villa want £40m odd for Grelish, then I think £13m for Carvalho is more than justified in this silly market. When you think he will only get better too, he is a player we should enjoy while we have him as I honestly think he could go to the very top.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

When a non goal scoring striker like Brereton is moving for £7m, Burke went for £13m after a handful of games, Villa want £40m odd for Grelish, then I think £13m for Carvalho is more than justified in this silly market. When you think he will only get better too, he is a player we should enjoy while we have him as I honestly think he could go to the very top.

I wouldn't swap him for Grealish either.  My only grumble would be that once you leave aside Carvalho, Grabban and Lolley, despite our big influx of players, I think we'd struggle a bit up top.  The loan wingers need to step up a bit. 

He drifts in and out of games but has already been worth a few points with moments of magic. He's only gonna get better and I'm sure we'll get more than 13 million when we eventually sell him.

I'm far from being a happy clapper but the negativity on here every time we draw is getting silly. 

• Upvote 1

just on the point of pantillimon v afobe yes it was a rash challenge from pantillimon but he never touched him, afobe i dont know what on earth he is doing! He could of just jumped over the challenge and rolled the ball in the net! But he decides to collapse his legs, deserves nothing the twat.

Edited by Ricknffc

6 hours ago, A new man said:

I'm far from being a happy clapper but the negativity on here every time we draw is getting silly. 

Looking at the match yesterday and the highlights a draw was a fair result although I think that silly cunt in goal should have been sent off

the negativity comes from the fact even in the last 10 or 15 minutes the manager is terrified to actually try putting on an attacking player to win and openly admits he made the decisions because didn’t want to lose as opposed to win 

45 minutes ago, E R said:

Looking at the match yesterday and the highlights a draw was a fair result although I think that silly cunt in goal should have been sent off

the negativity comes from the fact even in the last 10 or 15 minutes the manager is terrified to actually try putting on an attacking player to win and openly admits he made the decisions because didn’t want to lose as opposed to win 

To be fair, us football people have already pointed out that the manager's change made us much more positive in the last 15 minutes and nearly won us the game.  You can play with as many attackers as you want but if you can't keep hold of the ball there's no point in having them on the pitch.  Anyone watching the match without their hate specs on will know we had 8 bodies around the box in the last ten minutes - can be seen in the run up to Lolley's effort.  Obviously the tactics of a manager who doesn't want to win a match.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Moaning about yesterday seems churlish at best. Whilst the first half was crap, we turned the screw in the second and aside from a couple of decent saves and wayward shots we’d have won. As much as I’m no fan of Karanka it’s not his fault Grabban had an off day or Butland pulled off a couple of great saves. On another day we’d have won comfortably. 

15 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I thought Darikwa was brilliant when we signed him but then when I actually saw him play he looked terrible, I couldn’t understand why we let Lichaj but kept Darikwa. Fair play to him though he’s proving me very wrong since he got back in to the side. I wonder if it’s a thing with full backs at this club and starting slowly but then getting better after a couple of seasons. I can remember Lyttle, Rogers, Bonalair, Brennan, Louis Jean and a few other who looked terrible when they first signed but then went on to be good. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Danny said:

Moaning about yesterday seems churlish at best. Whilst the first half was crap, we turned the screw in the second and aside from a couple of decent saves and wayward shots we’d have won. As much as I’m no fan of Karanka it’s not his fault Grabban had an off day or Butland pulled off a couple of great saves. On another day we’d have won comfortably. 

Sorry Dan we improved in the second half because let’s be honest we couldn’t be worse and they had a few good chances themselves second half. Imo a draw was fair and they will be more pleased with that than us. The last 15 he could have put on that new striker and give it a go as most home managers would have but we know that will never never happen 

Hull and Villa away next so I can’t see anything past us going for the draw both times. If the manager openly admits to going for the draw at home and refuses to even have a go at Burton - what do you think he will be doing for the next 2 games? I genuinely would not be surprised to see Watson back 

Edited by E R

1 hour ago, E R said:

Sorry Dan we improved in the second half because let’s be honest we couldn’t be worse and they had a few good chances themselves second half. Imo a draw was fair and they will be more pleased with that than us. The last 15 he could have put on that new striker and give it a go as most home managers would have but we know that will never never happen 

Hull and Villa away next so I can’t see anything past us going for the draw both times. If the manager openly admits to going for the draw at home and refuses to even have a go at Burton - what do you think he will be doing for the next 2 games? I genuinely would not be surprised to see Watson back 

Villa have just done Derby 3-0 away.. a draw away at Villa would be a good result. I’m confident going into the Hull game after a week off.. 

22 hours ago, Ian said:

Villa have just done Derby 3-0 away.. a draw away at Villa would be a good result. I’m confident going into the Hull game after a week off.. 

Although I fully expect Villa to be challenging once the players adapt to Dean Smith's style of football, that was just another crazy result in a crazy league this season, Ian. WBA had just one point from 4 games, then go and wallop Leeds 4-1.

Birmingham, QPR, and Preston are 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the form table above Forest. Boro 10th, Sheff Utd 13th, Leeds 15th, WBA 16th. There is only Norwich and Villa that have won their last two games !!!.

It's a crazy league mate, but, and I repeat, but, it's there for the taking if a team can produce results.Norwich have lost 3 times at home, compared to our one home defeat, yet they have more home points than us. We need to start turning our draws into wins. Norwich are top of the pile and have had 3 draws this season, compared to our 9. They've lost 4 compared to our 2. They have 59% win ratio compared to our 35%. It's clear that settling for a draw is damaging our progress. We have the fewest wins among the top 8 clubs in the league. In fact, there is only one club in the top 13 with fewer wins.

If only Karanka had a bit more attacking nous about him He could well be sat top of the pile at the moment.

• Upvote 1