E R

Match thread : Nottingham Forest v Stoke City

1 minute ago, Dane B said:

Mate, I said to the lads with me that that was a waste of a substitution. Like for like ain't going to change the game. At that point of the game we were starting to get on top. Another attacking player introduced at that point might have got us 3 points.

It did change the game though.  We were under the cosh and then after the sub we were in control of the game.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Yep, Guedioura had a horrible game by his standards, suprised he didn't change it earlier.  It was only after that we were allowed to push on cause we had the ball. 

Yep Geddy gave the ball away far too much. As for Yacob, he sits in that position between defence and midfield and just plays the simple passes. We had complete control with him on the pitch today and vs Sheff Utd. We didn't have that link with Colback and Geddy as they both tried to push too far forward, the defence couldn't find them and just ended up passing side ways. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Ian I’ve seen about 25 of Karankas games in the flesh. Is that qualified enough to say the football is shit and I wouldn’t go again for free? 

I could have spent £50 going today or £20 on the boxing tonight and £20 on a curry. Not a hard choice. 

How many have you seen this season ? 

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

It did change the game though.  We were under the cosh and then after the sub we were in control of the game.

We weren't under the cosh Chaz. We were getting on top and bettering Stoke at that point. It was a like for like substitution that was never going to make us more of an attacking threat.

Poor old Grabban had absolutely no service for the first 30 minutes. In the 2nd half we were better and did create a few chances. Replacing Pep with a attacking player might have got us 3 pts today, but hey ho, we have to keep the two DM's on the pitch at all times don't we?

First time I've seen us live this season mate, and I really was pissed with the way we played for the first 45. It was awful mate. I can only recollect one shot on target in the first 45, and that was a scuffed shot that their keeper easily saved. If you lot are happy with that brand of football, then fine, but I'll never get on board. 

Calm down lads I’m out all day most Saturdays and don’t really get much chance to respond properly but two words why we didn’t win today 

Jack Butland

Take the point and move on, no game next week frustratingly so have a good week off with nothing to moan at.....

2 minutes ago, Dane B said:

We weren't under the cosh Chaz. We were getting on top and bettering Stoke at that point. It was a like for like substitution that was never going to make us more of an attacking threat.

Poor old Grabban had absolutely no service for the first 30 minutes. In the 2nd half we were better and did create a few chances. Replacing Pep with a attacking player might have got us 3 pts today, but hey ho, we have to keep the two DM's on the pitch at all times don't we?

First time I've seen us live this season mate, and I really was pissed with the way we played for the first 45. It was awful mate. I can only recollect one shot on target in the first 45, and that was a scuffed shot that their keeper easily saved. If you lot are happy with that brand of football, then fine, but I'll never get on board. 

But we were more attacking. Yacob came on with 14 minutes to go. This is a quote from Rowett. He says ran out of energy, I say gained control of the game through Yacob doing the job he does best.

"In my opinion we were the better side, the last 10 minutes we ran out of a bit of energy, Forest put us under some pressure."  

8 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Did you go to the bar before the end of the half?

The first half was shit but you missed the only chance of it.

Second half was ok, 50/50, they were pressuring and like Gupi says, the sub changed the game in our favour. 

Ossie Ardiles tried your approach and got fucked by 4-6 goals a game.  It might have been attacking but it isn't much fun to watch when you get turned over every week.

2 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

But we were more attacking. Yacob came on with 14 minutes to go. This is a quote from Rowett. He says ran out of energy, I say gained control of the game through Yacob doing the job he does best.

"In my opinion we were the better side, the last 10 minutes we ran out of a bit of energy, Forest put us under some pressure."  

I say that what we were doing in the last 10 minutes, we should have been doing from the first minute.

90 minutes of an home game and we are on top for the last 10 minutes? Do me a favour. It's shite.

1 minute ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Did you go to the bar before the end of the half?

The first half was shit but you missed the only chance of it.

Second half was ok, 50/50, they were pressuring and like Gupi says, the sub changed the game in our favour. 

Ossie Ardiles tried your approach and got fucked by 4-6 goals a game.  It might have been attacking but it isn't much fun to watch when you get turned over every week.

When did Ossie manage us Chaz? I missed that one. Oh, you mean at Spurs? Who gives a toss what the yids do? George Graham at Arsenal was boring boring Arsenal. Wenger came in and went 46 games unbeaten playing some of the sweetest football you'll ever see. So what's your point?

When did Ossie manage us Chaz? I missed that one. Oh, you mean at Spurs? Who gives a toss what the yids do? George Graham at Arsenal was boring boring Arsenal. Wenger came in and went 46 games unbeaten playing some of the sweetest football you'll ever see. So what's your point?

That throwing more attackers on doesn't win you games if you haven't got the ball.

When I come on here I get the impression that most people don't realize there are actually opponents against your team who also affect the game.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

We had one headed off our line in the last minute so it wasnt all one way at the end and even then Kwanka cannot bring himself to sacrifice Colbeck for Yacob and go for it. I thought that filthbag McClean was the best player in the park by some way and that carvalho looks like we have pissed 13 million quid away

Edited by E R

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

That throwing more attackers on doesn't win you games if you haven't got the ball.

More attackers? We had one, Grabban, who hardly touched the ball in the first half.

Also, you don't lose a game if you have the ball, hence the backwards and sideways passing for 45 minutes of tedium.

4 minutes ago, E R said:

We had one headed off our line in the last minute so it wasnt all one way at the end and even then Kwanka cannot bring himself to sacrifice Colbeck for Yacob and go for it. I thought that filthbag McClean was the best player in the park by some way and that carvalho looks like we have pissed 13 million quid away

I was told in Southbank before the match the it was worth the 30 quid entrance fee just to to watch Carvalho.

Just listened to his post match interview and the boring bastard said he brought Yacob on to make sure we don’t lose!! Ffs! Apparently we were in control of the game so how about bringing someone on to help us win rather than help us draw!!! 

9 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Just listened to his post match interview and the boring bastard said he brought Yacob on to make sure we don’t lose!! Ffs! Apparently we were in control of the game so how about bringing someone on to help us win rather than help us draw!!! 

Like I said mate, he'll be happy as fuck tonight. Clean sheet, and we didn't lose. Karanka heaven.

9 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

When he bought Yacob on we were getting bummed.  Darikwa had saved us at least twice as well as Dawson in the run up to it. 

After he came on Stoke created fuck all until the last minute and we could have scored three times.  The boring bastard apparently knows best.

1 hour ago, Savo said:

I see at 0-0 Guedioura was replaced by Yacob. Was Pep injured or was it an attempt by AK to preserve the point by freshening up the defensive midfield?

Took a couple of knocks and was down for a bit Just before he was subbed. 

17 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

The boring bastard apparently knows best.

So, if Yacob was such a game changer Chaz, why didn't the boring bastard start him? Apparently, he doesn't know best.

So, if Yacob was such a game changer Chaz, why didn't the boring bastard start him? Apparently, he doesn't know best.

Although if he started him he'd be slated for being too defensive. Plays him, he's shit, brings him on he's shit, win he's shit, lose he's shit, draw he's shit, in 6th place he's shit, promoted? Still shit.  I get it.

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

I say that what we were doing in the last 10 minutes, we should have been doing from the first minute.

90 minutes of an home game and we are on top for the last 10 minutes? Do me a favour. It's shite.

Im not denying we should have done that from the 1st minute though am I. You said we weren't more of an attacking threat with the Yacob sub, Im simply making an argument to say we were.

Over the 90 minutes I can remember Carvalho shot being stopped by a last ditch challenge on 45 minutes, Grabban skying a chance around the 60th where he really should have hit the target after Butlands error, Butland somehow saving Lolley with a spectacular save and then Grabban having his 1 on 1 saved in the 90th. We still managed to carve out 4 very decent chances which on another day could have given us the 3 points. Its really not as doom and gloom as people make out. You just have to look at that Stoke team and their recent away form to know what we were up against. I do agree that how we played in the last 10 should be how we should aim to play over the 90 and I reckon Yacob is the key to that.

Anyway we move onto the next game in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, E R said:

Na matey. The lad looks a class above - he's 21 and it's his first season here. You can see there's something about him that's different to everyone else. He looks confident on the ball And makes passes which are beyond the rest of the squad. He's just going to get better.

1 hour ago, E R said:

Oh dear