E R

Match thread : Nottingham Forest v Stoke City

13 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

You'd think it was shit if we won eight nil though.

But we can’t even manage 8 shots how could that ever happen? 

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

How was your stream 😂 

Big opinions for someone who can’t be bothered to get off his arse 👍👍

Yep - I wouldnt pay to watch that shit again whilst Karanka is in charge but I have seen nearly every game this season and it is the most boring defensive football I have ever seen. 

Still I am glad you are enjoying son 😉👍

Yeah they need to be on target to score mate and we only managed 4 which to be fair is double what we usually have  👍

23 hours ago, Savo said:

So they seem be involved in low-scoring games...this will be an absolute thriller tomorrow. 

Wish I had bet on 0-0. Was like printing money.

3 minutes ago, E R said:

Yeah they need to be on target to score mate and we only managed 4 which to be fair is double what we usually have  👍

If all four had gone in they wouldn't have been lucky, all great chances.

I don't have a problem with us making sure our chances are good rather than having ten pot shots a game to get the numbers up.  Our conversion rate is pretty good. 

But if your mind is made up that it's going to be shit before kick off then you'll think the same at full time. 

I reckon you're still smarting cause Fawaz got fucked off.

11 minutes ago, E R said:

I have seen nearly every game this season on the internet  and it is the most boring defensive football I have ever seen. 

Fixed it for you 

Well done 👍 

26 minutes ago, i.k.s said:

Don't come across all superfan on us eh. That big paul got bombed out cos of that.

Wow now I’m scared... 

you mean I’ll get bombed out from a place I don’t know anyone.. ouch 

Yes - I do envy you having nothing more in your life than boring soulless football. You are such a better fan than me enjoying a 0-0 draw so much 

I watched England v New Zealand rugby on tv with the forest game on my tablet. Guess what one was better ?

3 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Rugby is shit.  On a par with golf and tennis.

Mate do not compare a 0-0 at home to stoke to England v the All Blacks 

Yacob needs to start games. He is so composed, always in the right place and plays the right ball forward and back. Never seems to lose it. With regards to this game, we showed them far too much respect in the 1st half yet still carved the best chance through Carvalho. We were much better 2nd half, Butland produced 2 brilliant saves to prevent us from winning that. 

I have to say I am enjoying this year so far.  Makes a nice change not to be conceding from every cross and corner and thinking about how shit it will be struggling in the 3rd division the year after instead.  Not selling your star man and replaces him with plebs like Dimitriu is a bonus too. It's been a nice change of pace so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E R said:

Mate do not compare a 0-0 at home to stoke to England v the All Blacks 

To be fair I'd rather watch a 0-0 between Forest and Stoke ladies than England v the All Blacks.  I went to a couple of rugby matches years ago, the excitement as somebody kicked the ball off the pitch and the cheers of joy as the pitch fatty through his mate in the air to catch the 'ball' before they both fell over.  Not for me I'm afraid. 

Turgid first half but we picked up in the second. Butland’s save from Lolley was brilliant and most other keepers in this division would have seen the ball whistle past their ears. 

Yacob is a huge improvement on Colback and Watson and it was strange to see him on the bench today after his brilliant debut last week. Darikwa was great, as was Dawson. Poor day for Grabban who should have buried that chance early in the second half. 

Overall a draw seemed fair but it’s yet another match where we could have nicked all three points. 

Shit first half, entertaining second. It's good to have a bit of atmosphere around the ground again. What happened with their clear chance in the first half, was it a dive? I couldn't make it out from my angle.

Ian I’ve seen about 25 of Karankas games in the flesh. Is that qualified enough to say the football is shit and I wouldn’t go again for free? 

I could have spent £50 going today or £20 on the boxing tonight and £20 on a curry. Not a hard choice. 

I see at 0-0 Guedioura was replaced by Yacob. Was Pep injured or was it an attempt by AK to preserve the point by freshening up the defensive midfield?

Awful,awful first 45 minutes. Shit football, shit atmosphere, and more shit football.

2nd half better, but how could it not be?

Nothing there to change my opinion of Mr Negative. This squad of players is wasted under his management.

One instance in the first half where Carvalho was waving his arms at the 9 players behind him to get forward, that just about sums up Karankaball, as you lot like to call it. It's fucking horrible to watch. But at least he'll be happy tonight. Clean sheet and we didn't lose.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Ian I’ve seen about 25 of Karankas games in the flesh. Is that qualified enough to say the football is shit and I wouldn’t go again for free? 

I could have spent £50 going today or £20 on the boxing tonight and £20 on a curry. Not a hard choice. 

If you don't enjoy it and don't want to go, don't. We've come through a period of games against Leeds, Stoke, Boro and Sheff Utd. Won 2 drawn 2. Had it not been for a handball goal, would have won 3 drawn 1 conceded 0. From where we were not so long ago to where we are now its a remarkable turn around. 

It may not always be pretty, especially when teams come and sit back but we are in the mix, very hard to beat and every single player is giving 100% for this team and manager. Personally Im enjoying this season a hell of a lot more than I had the previous 6/7 at least. 28,500+ there again today so Im clearly not alone.

3 minutes ago, Savo said:

I see at 0-0 Guedioura was replaced by Yacob. Was Pep injured or was it an attempt by AK to preserve the point by freshening up the defensive midfield?

Gueds didn't have his best game and we had a lot more control of the game when Yacob came on. Has to be a starter for me.

1 minute ago, Savo said:

Mate, I said to the lads with me that that was a waste of a substitution. Like for like ain't going to change the game. At that point of the game we were starting to get on top. Another attacking player introduced at that point might have got us 3 points.

Just now, GupiRed2 said:

Gueds didn't have his best game and we had a lot more control of the game when Yacob came on. Has to be a starter for me.

Yep, Guedioura had a horrible game by his standards, suprised he didn't change it earlier.  It was only after that we were allowed to push on cause we had the ball.