Sign in to follow this  
E R

Match thread : Nottingham Forest v Sheffield United

3 minutes ago, Savo said:

Good result. What was the performance like? Did any of the new lads play well?

Wank team, can't defend-can't score when it matters.

4 minutes ago, Savo said:

Good result. What was the performance like? Did any of the new lads play well?

Didn't really get going til the second half, much because Cash and Lolley didn't really get going til the second half.  Squandered every good bit of play apart from the goal.  Thought Sheff United were ordinary.

Yacob played well.

Carvalho frustrated yet again, until he pit it on Grabban's head for the winner.

Gued did well. Few sloppy passes but worked hard.

Defence did well. 

Lolley got some wind in the sails in the second half and started going at them.

Cash huffed and puffed but couldn't quite blow the fullback down. 

Wasn't a pretty game. Never expected it to be. 

There was 3 shots on target from both sides all game and the goal was very fortunate but I will take it. But fuck me what a shit game and fuck knows how’s the blunts are up there 

Terrific win. There's just no working this Forest side out. 

Groundhog day of course, what comes the next two or three games?

Today belongs to Karanka, fair do's.

Is it time to accept Karankaball as a new football ethos at the City Ground?

If today's result is anything to go by, the answer might be yes...

Teams we play over November and December:

Home: 15th, 24th, 21st, 11th, 19th

Away: 23rd, 14th, 3rd, 1st

Currently 4 points off top having played most the top half, real chance to push on here.

i know going forward we havent been great in the past few games but good defensive display against high flying leeds limiting them to very little and again against top of the table sheff utd. 3 pointa off boro, 1 point off leeds and 3 points off sheff utd. Not bad at all

Bit of a grind that. Yacob was good on his debut. Dawson was great. Grabban showed the worth of having a proper goal scorer in your side.

Thought that was a decent performance. We could have played a bit more urgency at times but we made top of the league look very ordinary.

1 hour ago, GupiRed2 said:

Teams we play over November and December:

Home: 15th, 24th, 21st, 11th, 19th

Away: 23rd, 14th, 3rd, 1st

Currently 4 points off top having played most the top half, real chance to push on here.

Fuck the positive results. We play to defensive sack the boss now!!

Just imagine how good we could be if we release the handbrake. We have probably the best striker in the division, superb wingers and apparently the best young talent from the European champions. Added to that you won’t two better midfielders in the league than Guediora and Yacob. 

39 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Just imagine how good we could be if we release the handbrake. We have probably the best striker in the division, superb wingers and apparently the best young talent from the European champions. Added to that you won’t two better midfielders in the league than Guediora and Yacob. 

Remember back to about two months ago when we were conceding from every cross and corner and how that went on for about three years?  That and barely scoring at the other end.  That's us with the handbrake off.

28 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Exactly. But defence is one thing people can plan. I hate the football but somehow the results work. If we get promoted after the 10 years of dull footy I really don’t know what I will feel getting into the premier league doing this but in a better division.

nonetheless for the result well done forest

It’s great when you’re winning and all credit goes to Karanka today. It’s when the results aren’t as good is when the style of play gets criticised and I make no apologies for that. Playing that way and losing is awful. Playing that way and winning is tolerable. 

Long may it continue.

I think we underestimate the teams we are playing a bit on here. They were top of the league and barely had a sniff. Defence dealt with everything and they really didn't over commit. They were very hard to break down which is how a lot of teams will be coming to the City Ground this year. We passed, we probed but in the end it took a real moment of quality from Carvalho and a poaches finish from Grabban to win that game. Two things we haven't had for a very long time.

As I said in a previous post, over the next 2 months we play 15th, 24th, 11th and 19th which may see more chances created, but when we play against the top sides in this division, especially the ones at the top, I'd be surprised if there is more than 1 goal in it. Away from home when they're forced to commit a few more bodies forward may suit our system better.

• Upvote 1

Anyone complaining about this result should give their head a wobble . Slowly but surely Karanka is creating a team that is resilient with a smidgeon of flair and creativity . We've stopped conceding sloppy goals and there are signs that we finally have a 20+ goal a season striker ..There's a nice blend of youth and experience in the squad . OK so our play might not be the most attractive just now but it's the results that count ...

1 hour ago, GupiRed2 said:

As I said in a previous post, over the next 2 months we play 15th, 24th, 11th and 19th which may see more chances created

Like when we played 16th Wigan, 13th Brentford and 19th Millwall and got outplayed in all of them? 

This is a good result of course. But by the sounds of it the game was a horrible watch. That's fine if you win against a top 6 team. You can accept a ground out win but unfortunately for us that level is the norm. In the past under AK we generally have followed up good results with poor ones so let's see what happens next. If we don't I'm sure the upcoming international break will be to blame anyway...

37 minutes ago, colin said:

Slowly but surely Karanka is creating a team that is resilient with a smidgeon of flair and creativity .

It really is a smidgeon as well isnt it? :lol: