Sign in to follow this  
E R

Match thread : Nottingham Forest v Sheffield United

I have this down as a banker away win in my accy

I am going 1-3 to the Blades with them cutting through our back 7 like a hot knife through butter and going 3 nil up, us scrabbling one back with half hour to go to make it 1-3 and Karanka still sticking rigidly to his back 7 before throwing caution to the wind with 4 mins to go and sacrificing a centre mid for Appiah again as it nearly worked last time 

No idea on this one. We tend to be better against the better sides and we’re coming off the back of two poor performances at home so it’d be welcome to see us pick up three points. 

I’m not looking forward to it in the slightest though as boring bollocks will rigidly stick to having 7 defensively minded players and hoping the front 4 conjure up a bit of magic between them. It’s been moderately successful so far this season but it’s been mind-numbingly dull. 

Big blow losing Colback as he has been starting to show his worth. Would bring Jacob in alongside Guedioura and restore more of the obvious starters. My starting line-up would be;

Pantilimon, Janko, Figueiredo, Fox (If fit), Robinson, Jacob, Guedioura, Cash, Carvalho, Lolley, Grabban

Watson will be the first name on the team sheet with Colbeck out hence my prediction. John Fleck (one of the most under rated players in the championship imo) will be looking forward to playing against him

You can also bet your bollocks that Sharp and/or McGoldrick will score against us 

Karanka had to have seen what we all seen against Burton - Watson's legs are gone. He'd be foolish to start him. 

I know he's a stubborn old bastard but he'll be writing his P45 if he continues to pick such players.

20 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Sheff Utd

Stoke

Another fucking international break.

Another? How many of those do we have to put up with in their abysmal attempts to try and make international games less shitty?

They've piled a bit of pressure on themselves after Tues, having said that the majority of players who will play on Sat won't have played vs Burton. You've got to hope we go out with a bit of attacking intent. If we really want to do well this season its vital the City Ground becomes a place we pick up 3 points regularly.

If you ignore the Burton game, we'll be going into this on the back of a hard fought point at Leeds and a good away win at Bolton. 

2-0 Forest

5 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

If you ignore the Burton game, we'll be going into this on the back of a hard fought point at Leeds and a good away win at Bolton. 

It's difficult to ignore the Burton game Gupster, but even so, we'll be going into this game with just 2 wins in our last 6 league games mate. I've a feeling it will be 2 in 7 come Saturday evening.

Forest 1 - 2 Sheff Utd. There'll be too much pressure from the crowd.

We are 2/1 at home to win and they are 13/10 on Betfair 

the bookies must have seen the Millwall and Norwich games - our last win at home in the league was Rotherham 😳

Edited by E R

Other than Tuesday we tend to be better away from home now. The players don't like the pressure at home of playing the slow game which annoys the crowd and reckon with the additional pressure of having to perform after Tuesday we will bottle it. Reckon 1-2 or 1-3 but a comfortable win regardless.

With players like Cash, Dias, Carvalho, Goncalves etc they are too lightweight for this slow game we play, should be much quicker tempo and use their attributes. I still think the Portugese guys show great potential but struggling with our style. 

Finally lets see better decisions in the final third. Crossing, movement and just creating chances to shoot has to improve!

0-1 to Sheff.

Struggling to get up for this... may stay at home and staple my testes to a plank of wood. I think it could yield more entertainment and be less painful. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1-1 and our fans wanking themselves with delight because we had 29% possession and it’s not Karankas fault it’s:

the ref

squad still gelling

Warburtons fault

crowd being too loud

crowd being too quiet 

the other team just took their chance which we can do nothing about 

work in progress

Then me Savo ER and Dane will be lambasted by certain members who will make out we’ve never had it so good and “remember them 20 minutes against West Brom?” “We beat Middlesborough you know” “forget the Burton game we were amazing against Leeds and would have won if it wasn’t for that pesky ref!” 

• Upvote 1

We’ve been poor for a few games so this will be on of those what the fuck happened games where we smash them and wonder why they can’t do it any other week.

either that or we lose and it’s all the bastard fans fault.

Would normally fancy is in a game like this but I think Colback is a big loss.  As always it depends what team we put out.  All of our available effective players have to play.  No funny business like the other night.

2-0 win.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

I just wish he would try one of those new centre mids he has bought rather than wheelchair Watson 

14 minutes ago, E R said:

I just wish he would try one of those new centre mids he has bought rather than wheelchair Watson 

Would be nice to see the old West Brom one, whatever he's called, difficult to remeber the names of players you've never seen.

Him and Gueddy in the middle and we'll do well.