Savo

Burton away in the cup

7 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

then sod off

Who, me?

Great debating skill mate. Karanka is shite. You can't defend him, so have to resort to telling folk to sod off.

The point I was making, if you were clever enough to get your brain around it, is that we won't be near the top 6 with Karanka's wins to games ratio. Therefore, he's not good enough if we, and the owner, want promotion this season.

Easier to just tell someone to sod off though innit?

• Upvote 2

Beginning of the end for Karanka.

That's why I'm not in the least bit upset by the result. It starkly shows how very bad we can be and I've a resigned acceptance that it's inevitable that we will keep limping along with three abject performances to every good one. This is unsustainable and eventually the plug will be pulled. Did you see Karanka's boat race last night, a picture of impotent clueless bewilderment. 

For Marinakas  It's the equivalent of buying a Formula 1 team and putting an 85 year old geriatric with cataracts into the driving seat of your expensively assembled super car.

If I was so embarrassed last night I switched off before the end cus I didn't want my kids laughing at me and my team when they came in the door, just imagine what the owner must be feeling. Objectively this was the kindest result for this terminal patient.

• Upvote 1

Didn't even acknowledge the fans either did he? Paying their hard-earned and having to watch that garbage. He could've at least gone over to them at the end. Yellow-bellied cunt

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Bridcutt let us down tonight big time

To be fair to him he's clearly not wanted by the manager so his confidence must be on the floor. He has to sit and watch the lumbering ginger twins play in front of him week in week out and to top it all off sees Chequebook Karanka bring in another 2 players that play in his position although I'm actually sceptical Tachtsidis exists. He'll probably be sold back to Greece in Jan to get us some easy FFP-friendly dosh.

It's Yates who I also feel for. Promising young midfielder whose career has just been stopped in its tracks by the lower league Mourinho.

3 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Is it Karanka or have we bought shit players? 

Good question

I think we have some great players and some haven't really lived up to expectations.

Of the 3 Portuguese, I don't think Dias and Goncalves have offered much - shown flashes of class at times but that's about it. Carvalho for me has shown he has class and real potential but again, he's inconsistent. Could see him getting by, just, in the Premier League but he's no Neves

The issue I have with Karanka is that I do admire him to a degree for sticking with his formation - at least the players know the system exactly and you would imagine any of them could slot right in to any position and do their job. The problem is that the system isn't working particularly well - we've shown in spells (15/20 mins here and there) that we have the ability to absolutely dominate teams but the flip side is that we can also be ripped apart - look at how Brentford played against us, press us and we fall apart

I'm fed up with the two defensive midfielders - it only works when Guedioura sits in there as he is the only central midfielder we have that is capable of playing a pass that can unlock a defense. 

The one striker up front thing bothers me. In fact, I hate it. 

If he were to change the tactics/system during a game and maybe take a bit more of a gamble, I think it would endear the fans to him a lot more but ultimately his stubbornness, I think, will be his undoing

• Upvote 1

well said Redman

i must admit I have seen a lot of Forest this year as there are streams or midweek games on Sky and for the first time in as long as I can remember I can take or leave it. It’s so negative and boring. The flat back 7 inviting players on was again evident last night and that is against a mid table league 1 side who could have put 5 past us no problem. We cannot play Hefele and Dawson at centre back as both of their legs have gone and Watson just seems to be unable to run. Add to that Osborn at left back who was terrible, Cash right wing who was terrible, Bridcutt in the middle who was terrible and Goncalves who was terrible and you end up with a performance like we saw. Look at the pace in the middle Dawson, Hefele, Bridcutt and Watson. If Karanka had a clue no way would he play that formation - he doesn’t think about how we are going to build an attack he thinks about how we are going to defend. Look at the moment we added some pace to the team in Appiah and Grabban - we showed some promise.

I think the manager either cannot change his anti-football mentality or refuses to change it as he did at Boro. Either way I think we will get another hiding Saturday where we sit back at home with one up front and then I think he is a dead man walking

10 minutes ago, E R said:

well said Redman

i must admit I have seen a lot of Forest this year as there are streams or midweek games on Sky and for the first time in as long as I can remember I can take or leave it. It’s so negative and boring. The flat back 7 inviting players on was again evident last night and that is against a mid table league 1 side who could have put 5 past us no problem. We cannot play Hefele and Dawson at centre back as both of their legs have gone and Watson just seems to be unable to run. Add to that Osborn at left back who was terrible, Cash right wing who was terrible, Bridcutt in the middle who was terrible and Goncalves who was terrible and you end up with a performance like we saw. Look at the pace in the middle Dawson, Hefele, Bridcutt and Watson. If Karanka had a clue no way would he play that formation - he doesn’t think about how we are going to build an attack he thinks about how we are going to defend. Look at the moment we added some pace to the team in Appiah and Grabban - we showed some promise.

I think the manager either cannot change his anti-football mentality or refuses to change it as he did at Boro. Either way I think we will get another hiding Saturday where we sit back at home with one up front and then I think he is a dead man walking

If we put in a performance like that Saturday with the first 11 then he will be gone IMO. 

However I do believe that come Saturday our team and performance will be 1000% better, and we might even nick a win. 

I have been pro Karanka for the whole season and I still believe he is the right man for now, but after last nights show he needs to turn things around and quickly if we is to stay here long term. It wasn't the fact we lost it was how we lost. 

At the end of the day people will say hes useless and that hes one dimensional but we have to look at positives and a win on Saturday and we will be within touching distance of top of the league. 

13 minutes ago, darcy said:

However I do believe that come Saturday our team and performance will be 1000% better, and we might even nick a win. 

That's the thing and I agree with you - I reckon we probably will get a win. We can slag this side off for many things and the manager but what we have got is character and resilience. We've managed to fight back in games where we have been dead and buried, mustered a goal out of nothing to grab a draw and there's definitely a spirit within the group, at times, not to give up

I think there will be a reaction on Saturday, just like there was away to Boro, and I think we'll win it

It's just fucking dull and horrible to watch but what do we want as fans? Do we want this fairly inconsistent grind out a result here and there style or do we want balls out gun-ho win well and lose heavily approach? 

5 minutes ago, Redman said:

It's just fucking dull and horrible to watch but what do we want as fans? Do we want this fairly inconsistent grind out a result here and there style or do we want balls out gun-ho win well and lose heavily approach? 

Our football is basic, has no patterns of play and is disjointed. At best it’s dull and some of the time it’s shambolic. The times we’ve been memorable are individual moments of brilliance, Carvalho and Lolley. I’m struggling to remember a great team goal, passing move and cut the opposition open. 

Im not sure the football has an identity bar don’t concede and we are not exactly good at that. 

You’re right about the two DMs, we never have anyone in the box. Bar Geddy none of them have the passing range and skill to boss a game. There is no one to dictate the tempo and set up the play. 

Spot on about Carvalho, he shows flashes of brilliance and I think he could be coached to be more consistent. Dias is the same ... I think both can do more. Concalves doesn’t get a run out so no wonder he looks match rusty. 

The rotation and ultra cautious policy is not getting any game time to the flair players, Soudani needs time on the field as there’s a player in there as well. 

.... it’s shit football, yes we are in contention but I think that’s a statement about the league rather than how good we’ve been. We need a bit more quality and loosen up the ties in the players 

I don't really get involved in the sack arguement, everyone has their own opinions and they are welcome to have them - for a number of seasons, more than I can care to remember I have hoped and urged the club to show some form of consistency and stability with the management team. The constant chopping and changing of managers has not helped this once great club - I wanted Karanka to be that one, give him 2 or 3 seasons to build a squad capable of competing and hopefully finally get the rewards of promotion. However, as a season ticket holder I am starting to get to a point where I am truly considering not bothering on Saturday, mostly due to the poor playing style. 

I can understand what he did on Saturday, Leeds United away is always going to be a tough place to go and setting your side up solid and hoping to nick a goal nearly paid off. What I don't get though is setting your side up pretty much the same way 3 days later away to Burton Albion, a mid table league 1 side - yes they would be up for the game but surely our players have enough quality to take the game to them and beat them comfortably.

The mistakes that we saw last night should not have been made by professional footballers - Britcutt's challenge for the penalty, lunging in at a player instead of standing on your feet is something that gets taught at youth level. The way Dawson and Hefele were just lumping the ball up field just played into Burton's hands - their centre backs were not good, but the one thing they were good at and are probably used to at their level of football is attacking and heading long balls. The few times we ran at them or turned the ball in behind them, we looked like we could score at will.

The signings we have made during the summer have just not worked - the only three for me that stand out and have impressed are Colback, Robinson and Grabban. Carvalho has plenty of potential but goes missing far too easily. Nobody can tell me that we have got more from buying Soundani than we would have got from promoting Gomis to the 1st team squad and using him in the same way. The same goes for someone like Appiah in comparison to Goncalves... By making these decisions, Karanka comes across to me like he has no intention of coaching these young talent and would rather raid the cheque book and gamble on bringing players into the squad. I don't know who said it but the comparison to the Championship version of Mourinho is bang on the money.

We had a real opportunity for the first time in 25 years to make it to a cup quarter final and we absolutely blew it - for once I cannot stand here and back Karanka because from the moment the team was named I had a feeling we would lose. He has to take the blame for last night and I am slowly questioning what future he has at the club. As i stated at the start, I am not one to shout for someone to be sacked but I am truly frustrated that I spend my hard earned money for my son and me to watch every week and I get served up the style of football we are watching. There are 3 games this season that I have enjoyed - Newcastle, Middlesbrough and periods against WBA; yes we are seventh in the league but I think that shows the standard of the league rather than how good we have been.

Edited by rob_johnstoneuk
  • Upvote 3

I don't necessarily disagree with the 2 x defensive midfielders but it's got to be for certain games.  Leeds away a perfect example.

Away to a league one side is not a game to play those players in and I have to be honest, Watson is fucking shit.  I don't know if it's because of his lack of game time or what but he was massively at fault running into a space he didn't need to and leaving a massive gap for Burton to run into.

Karanka's issue is that he can only play one formation and therefore he has no plan b at all.  So for example he couldn't possibly start with a 3 at the back with attacking wing backs in the midfield 5 as it's plainly obvious they would never do it in training etc.  So he can't change it up when things aren't working.  He's not on his own in that as a manager though, there are many that don't change.

I still wouldn't get rid of him at all though.

This thread has some major over reactions on from a few arm chair fans.. you’ve seen the last two games on Sky well done.. 

On the game it was poor everyone knows it the manager said so after the game. We looked ok until Dawson missed that header from a corner 10-15 mins in after that we looked lost. I don’t know what Osborn has to do to show he is a shit left back.. resting Robinson was a mistake he’s just had a game off when he was banned and why happened then oh yes we got beat at Norwich. Osborn has to play midfielder or not play simple. 

It was clear our defence just didn’t have a clue and Steele probably had the most touches of any Forest player. We had so many warnings in the first half. 

Onto Karanka, I don’t understand why we are resting players when we have a international break every 5-6 games. Rest them then, I get a few changes but playing Bridcutt who has played one game all season was daft. 

The players and management just didn’t take this game seriously enough in my opinion. Maybe for them it wasn’t that important and yes I get Sheffield United is a massive game on Saturday but to the fans and the fans I was stood with last night it was bitterly disappointing watching that when we had a chance of a league cup quarter final. 

I don’t see us beating Sheffield Utd and Stoke over the week or so. I don’t want change in management but currently if he doesn’t win the next two home games I can see the owner losing patience. 

Edited by Ian

1 hour ago, Ian said:

This thread has some major over reactions on from a few arm chair fans.. you’ve seen the last two games on Sky well done.. 

Thanks mate 👍

it always makes me laugh when someone resorts to - well as you were not actually at the game how would you know

i think i have missed watching 1 game this season with streams and the games i have attended so it is not as if when they are on sky they are playing shit defensive football yet they are playing fast expansive stuff otherwise

i dont care how rose tinted you view is - last night a league 1 team walloped us and that was down to the manager with his shit anti-football tactics and team selection

Even against Bury he played 2 defensive mids. When it was 2 nil and 3-1 last night he still wouldnt just chuck one of the centre halves up and hope for the best - because he is too scared to lose another goal

i honestly want him gone now i must admit as i really do not enjoy watching the games anymore

and another thing - its funny how many people slag off Nigel Clough - but he always seems smart enough to beat us

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ian said:

On the game it was poor everyone knows it the manager said so after the game. We looked ok until Dawson missed that header from a corner 10-15 mins in after that we looked lost. I don’t know what Osborn has to do to show he is a shit left back.. resting Robinson was a mistake he’s just had a game off when he was banned and why happened then oh yes we got beat at Norwich. Osborn has to play midfielder or not play simple. 

It was clear our defence just didn’t have a clue and Steele probably had the most touches of any Forest player. We had so many warnings in the first half. 

Onto Karanka, I don’t understand why we are resting players when we have a international break every 5-6 games. Rest them then, I get a few changes but playing Bridcutt who has played one game all season was daft. 

The players and management just didn’t take this game seriously enough in my opinion. Maybe for them it wasn’t that important and yes I get Sheffield United is a massive game on Saturday but to the fans and the fans I was stood with last night it was bitterly disappointing watching that when we had a chance of a league cup quarter final. 

I don’t see us beating Sheffield Utd and Stoke over the week or so. I don’t want change in management but currently if he doesn’t win the next two home games I can see the owner losing patience. 

I’ve been to all but about ten games home and away in the last three years. We are shit and Karanka has spent more than any other Forest manager in history and plays the worst football, bar Freedmwn and Mcleish, I’ve seen since 1989 when I first started going to the City Ground. 

4 hours ago, rob_johnstoneuk said:

I don't really get involved in the sack argument, everyone has their own opinions and they are welcome to have them - for a number of seasons, more than I can care to remember I have hoped and urged the club to show some form of consistency and stability with the management team. The constant chopping and changing of managers has not helped this once great club - I wanted Karanka to be that one, give him 2 or 3 seasons to build a squad capable of competing and hopefully finally get the rewards of promotion. However, as a season ticket holder I am starting to get to a point where I am truly considering not bothering on Saturday, mostly due to the poor playing style. 

I am truly frustrated that I spend my hard earned money for my son and me to watch every week and I get served up the style of football we are watching. Yes we are seventh in the league but I think that shows the standard of the league rather than how good we have been.

In a nutshell!

4 hours ago, Ian said:

This thread has some major over reactions on from a few arm chair fans.

There's a reason why there are more armchair fans. It's called Karanka.

3 hours ago, i.k.s said:

There's a reason why there are more armchair fans. It's called Karanka.

Yep.

I have finally got a day off work when Forest are at home on 10th Nov against Stoke. A very dear friend of mine has even offered me a freebie ticket for the game, but you know what? I'm in two minds whether to go or not.........and that is the effect Karanka's brand of anti-football has.

I'll still go and have a booze with the lads, but I really will need to be pissed to sit through 90 minutes of the worst football since Mad Meggo.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:25 PM, nemesiz said:

0,,4176931_4,00.jpg

You better book a plane ticket with Ebby, Woolworth's* still exist in Germany :D .

*Different identity 

Remind me, is exposure in a retail shop window a criminal offence Germany? 🙄

Now, more than ever, COME ON YOU REDS...........😩

Anyone who doesn't pick their best team deserves to go out. A place in the quarter finals at stake and they don't even want to get through :thumbsdown_anim: