Dane B

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers - Nottingham Forest

1 minute ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Fox is injured and again, to be fair to Darikwa he hasn't done anything wrong since he came back in. I would still go Janko against them though.

Agreed. Darikwa looked ok tonight but he's still a liability, as is Figueiredo. Granted, the latter hasn't had much game time of late but he has history of throwing the head. 

Just now, Caz said:

Agreed. Darikwa looked ok tonight but he's still a liability, as is Figueiredo. Granted, the latter hasn't had much game time of late but he has history of throwing the head. 

I like Hefele out of them all but he's looked all over the shop from Millwall on.

Been boxing so missed the game.  A great win and proved me wrong.  Must win the Leeds  game! 

Edited by i.k.s

Great result. Grabban has been sticking the goals away regularly. With a striker on form like that we’ve always got a chance. 

Hopefully we push on and follow it up with a decent result at Leeds. Avoid defeat there and it would be a good away day. 

4 points off top in what is a very tight and even division. I'm glad he has broken up Watson and Colback. Atleast Geddy offers a forward option. I'd make 1 change for the game on Sat, Cash for Dias. Still unsure why Janko got dropped in the 1st place and why he still can't get into this side.

Forest aren't the kind of side that do 3-0 away wins so tonight was refreshing. Huge game on Sat now. If we can sort out the crumbling under the pressure at home, things will look very good indeed.

p.s. I thought dawson was brilliant again tonight, won everything in the air again and is a true leader at the back, needs to start more games.

Edited by GupiRed2

22 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

4 points off top in what is a very tight and even division. I'm glad he has broken up Watson and Colback. Atleast Geddy offers a forward option. I'd make 1 change for the game on Sat, Cash for Dias. Still unsure why Janko got dropped in the 1st place and why he still can't get into this side.

Forest aren't the kind of side that do 3-0 away wins so tonight was refreshing. Huge game on Sat now. If we can sort out the crumbling under the pressure at home, things will look very good indeed.

p.s. I thought dawson was brilliant again tonight, won everything in the air again and is a true leader at the back, needs to start more games.

I think dawson needs the young centre back with him to save his legs.

what an enjoyable away game to go to. Support was fantastic and karankas name was sung throughout the game. A couple of shaky periods but generally an all aroubd decent performance with aome goals to show for it.

dawaon was superb tonight very aware of his surroundings made difficult balls look simple and put lolley and robinson away on a couple of occasions with a couple of brilliant fox like raked passes. Guediora also had a very solid game, i cant understand why watson woukd ever be a choice over him, colback did brilliant as well turning away from defenders, finding space, demanding the ball and winning it back.

Lolley is juat joe lolley and looked like he could tear them a new one everytime he got on it. We were slihtly dependant on him in the first half but everyone started chipping in in the 2nd. Grabban juat needa to learn to twat a ball, take nothing away from him he put in a great shift for the team and hecould of easy had netted 2 where he slid across an empty goal but couldnt reach it and obviously his pen.

charlie you say the pens were nailed on? Were u watching on tv or were you there? In the stand it looked as though it was a pretty decent challenge by the defender for the first one which came off grabban. From the refs angle though i can see why he gave it but i thought they were hard done by and the 2nd i think grabban decides he is going to wide and to collapse his ankles on minimum contact. So i thought quite soft again. You just knew the way the game was going tho that the ref was going to give them. We were queing up towards the end and the scoreline really could have been 5 or 6, 

support was brilliant tonight every aingle fan was loving it and was fully behind aitor. and although they put us under a bit of preaaure at times pants disnt have a stop to make.

aitor karanka, aitor karanka, aitor karanka, aitor karanka, aitor, aitor karanka take forest up for me,

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

what an enjoyable away game to go to. Support was fantastic and karankas name was sung throughout the game. A couple of shaky periods but generally an all aroubd decent performance with aome goals to show for it.

dawaon was superb tonight very aware of his surroundings made difficult balls look simple and put lolley and robinson away on a couple of occasions with a couple of brilliant fox like raked passes. Guediora also had a very solid game, i cant understand why watson woukd ever be a choice over him, colback did brilliant as well turning away from defenders, finding space, demanding the ball and winning it back.

Lolley is juat joe lolley and looked like he could tear them a new one everytime he got on it. We were slihtly dependant on him in the first half but everyone started chipping in in the 2nd. Grabban juat needa to learn to twat a ball, take nothing away from him he put in a great shift for the team and hecould of easy had netted 2 where he slid across an empty goal but couldnt reach it and obviously his pen.

charlie you say the pens were nailed on? Were u watching on tv or were you there? In the stand it looked as though it was a pretty decent challenge by the defender for the first one which came off grabban. From the refs angle though i can see why he gave it but i thought they were hard done by and the 2nd i think grabban decides he is going to wide and to collapse his ankles on minimum contact. So i thought quite soft again. You just knew the way the game was going tho that the ref was going to give them. We were queing up towards the end and the scoreline really could have been 5 or 6, 

support was brilliant tonight every aingle fan was loving it and was fully behind aitor. and although they put us under a bit of preaaure at times pants disnt have a stop to make.

aitor karanka, aitor karanka, aitor karanka, aitor karanka, aitor, aitor karanka take forest up for me,

On telly.  The first pen Grabban beat the defender to the ball, the second the goalkeeper tripped him. Both stupid challenges 'cause he wasn't going to do anything with either if he wasn't fouled.

That's what I'm talking about. That's what we should be doing to teams like Bolton with the squad Karanka has at his disposal.

Mr Marinakis must have put the fear of God up them.😂😂

Faultless performance. Grabban on course for 20+ goals this season, a clean sheet, no Ben Watson, what's not to like?

We must take this into the Leeds game. A point at Elland Road wouldn't be a disaster.

How crazy is this league though? QPR down in 13th place only 6 points behind the leaders.

Pretty much our strongest team - though i'm not sure about who should partner Dawson at the back.

I wonder how many changes for Saturday? :( 

56 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty much our strongest team - though i'm not sure about who should partner Dawson at the back.

I wonder how many changes for Saturday? :( 

I think Fox and Dawson. Hefele and Dawson would be like parking two JCBs on the 18 yard line.

Edited by molymoly
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

On telly.  The first pen Grabban beat the defender to the ball, the second the goalkeeper tripped him. Both stupid challenges 'cause he wasn't going to do anything with either if he wasn't fouled.

First one he had a left foot shot on into an empty net, and the 2nd he knocked it past him and knew the angle was too tight to pull it back so went down both quite soft in my opinion but like i say i can see why the ref gave them from his angle.

2 hours ago, molymoly said:

I think Fox and Dawson. Hefele and Dawson would be like parking two JCBs on the 18 yard line.

I agree we need Fox back in the middle as Figo is a disaster waiting to happen, on those mistakes last night Leeds would of had 2 or 3. 

Fox still has the legs and he isn't scared of a challenge which is what we need against them  

Watching it live I thought both were soft although looking at the replays I think the first one was. Second one is a dive though.

I thought that generally the ref gave them absolutely nothing but it's nice to be on the right side of ineptitude for once.

Edited by Savo

46 minutes ago, Savo said:

Watching it live I thought both were soft although looking at the replays I think the first one was. Second one is a dive though.

I thought that generally the ref gave them absolutely nothing but it's nice to be on the right side of ineptitude for once.

Refs always seem to be against the team you're supporting Savo 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1