Jump to content
Dane B

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers - Nottingham Forest

Recommended Posts

I haven't a clue what to predict here, we are far too inconsistent, but I do know that if he starts Watson and Colback again, then we'll struggle to create chances.

With this squad, should we be expecting Forest to go to places like Bolton and get 3 points? Probably so, given that Bolton's home record is pretty poor, but this is Karanka's Forest, and you wouldn't be surprised if we won, lost, or drawn.

Marinakis has flew in to, reportedly, speak to the players and manager regarding his desire to get to the Prem. You'd expect Karanka to come out and say that the owner is putting too much pressure on the players if we don't win.ūüėāūüėāūüėā

I'll go for a 2-1 Bolton win, and then wait to see Karanka's excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked at the league table before the international break wondering how the fuck we were 5th!  Now normal service has been resumed and we're 13th..With cash strapped QPR 2 places above us. This once again fills me with confidence and seeing as we haven't won at Bolton in 40 years I'm going for a narrow Bolton win. I have zero confidence in Karanka to maintain any kind of positive momentum..His tactics are shockingly boring and the last few years have left me with no enthusiasm.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

59 minutes ago, i.k.s said:

Looked at the league table before the international break wondering how the fuck we were 5th!  Now normal service has been resumed and we're 13th..With cash strapped QPR 2 places above us. This once again fills me with confidence and seeing as we haven't won at Bolton in 40 years I'm going for a narrow Bolton win. I have zero confidence in Karanka to maintain any kind of positive momentum..His tactics are shockingly boring and the last few years have left me with no enthusiasm.

This

He will stick with Watson and Colbeck because he is an idiot and cannot see the wood for the trees which will soon be his downfall.

Lose 2-1 and after we get well and truly beaten on Saturday at Leeds it will be the final straw for Maranakis and that will the last time we see Karanka and his bosnian tailored suits at NG2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, i.k.s said:

Looked at the league table before the international break wondering how the fuck we were 5th!  Now normal service has been resumed and we're 13th..With cash strapped QPR 2 places above us. This once again fills me with confidence and seeing as we haven't won at Bolton in 40 years I'm going for a narrow Bolton win. I have zero confidence in Karanka to maintain any kind of positive momentum..His tactics are shockingly boring and the last few years have left me with no enthusiasm.

Sadly it's this for me too.

I desperately would like to keep a manager for a prolonged period of time but with the amount we've spent on attacking players and the resources he has at his disposal we should be doing better.  I can't stand the way he plays 2 x holding midfielders in games.  I can understand sometimes e.g. middlesborough away but not Norwich at home.

His record suggests that he should be able to get us somewhere at least into the playoffs and I would imagine that's why the board got him in.  I'm wondering if they're regretting the appointment now?  We're too inconsistent to have any confidence that this will happen.

We need to win tonight to keep up with the front runners as I doubt we'll get anything at the weekend.  I'll got for a shite 1-0, though a clean sheet might be a lot to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has to be nothing but a win tonight. 

Lose and everyone will be on a huge downer and going into Leeds it would be 3 loses in a row. 

Draw and we will see a gap to play off spots 

Win and we back in the mix and go to Leeds with something to play for. 

If Karanka wants to get to play offs this year then going away and winning at Bolton is a must. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, darcy said:

has to be nothing but a win tonight. 

Lose and everyone will be on a huge downer and going into Leeds it would be 3 loses in a row. 

Draw and we will see a gap to play off spots 

Win and we back in the mix and go to Leeds with something to play for. 

If Karanka wants to get to play offs this year then going away and winning at Bolton is a must. 

Agree, it's time to start kicking on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pantilimon, Darikwa, Dawson, Figueiredo, Robinson, Colback, Guedioura, Carvalho, Lolley, Dias, Grabban. Subs: Steele (GK), Soudani, Watson, Osborn, Cash, Janko, Hefele.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is baffling line ups like Darikwa over Janko that just makes me think he hasn’t got a scooby 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky commentator saying EM has been in the country the last few days for a 'team meeting' and has met Karanka. Clearly not pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Savo said:

Sky commentator saying EM has been in the country the last few days for a 'team meeting' and has met Karanka. Clearly not pleased.

Heard it was a scheduled visit that was in the pipeline for some time. Regardless, the message would have been clear given the financial outlay and current league position. 

Edited by Caz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.