Adam

Match Thread: Nottingham Forest - Norwich City

11 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

Karanka was right to have a pop at the fans, they were fucking shit. Give me 25,000 every day over the moaning day trippers that came today. It created such a flat and nervous atmosphere. Yeah it wasn't great but the whole idea of being a supporter is to support the team, even more so if they're struggling in the game. With 10 minutes to go when we went 2-1 down they left, seriously hope they dont come back.

The game was poor, subs were poor and we deserved to lose but the reactions game to game is mental. After the Boro game we're a team capable of challenging for top 2, after this we're dog shit. The fact of the matter is we're about as good/bad as every other team around us. On our day we could probably beat anyone and off it probably lose to anyone. We need to find a level of consistency, especially at home, but after 13 games we are still in the play off fight and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Ha ha always the fans fault 

Edited by E R

The fans are turning out in their thousands, paying good money to be entertained by an expensively assembled squad of players. They have a right to air their views if they aren't getting value for money. Maybe, just maybe, if Karanka played a good brand of football, the fans wouldn't be so pissed if we lost giving it a good go. Again, only 2 shots on target, and not one corner in a home game. It's pathetic, as are some of the excuses made in defence of Karanka on this Forum.

He's absolutely useless. A one trick pony who has openly stated that it's his way or no way. Fuck him off now. He's now turning on the fans, singling out the players for criticism, he knows he's on the verge. We won't make the top 6 with him at the helm.

• Upvote 1

2 shots and zero corners and this dope rounds on a fulll house of fans and blames them. He hasn’t a clue with team selection and I reckon the owners gun is well and truly loaded now 

Like I said, the atmosphere was dire, even after we had scored. Of course we didn't lose because of the fans but Ive been to games where the ball has pretty much been sucked into the net because of the noise from the stands.After the game by all means express your feelings, but support the team during it. 

"I understand that our crowd are demanding but we need to keep creating an atmosphere where they feel the support. I could see at times today that the players were feeling the pressure but we must understand the need to stay calm. It is fantastic to have 29,000 people inside the stadium but those bad moments are when the players need that support. It is not a critcism of the fans but sometimes we just need that bit of extra support from them at home."

That is what he said "turning on the fans" is a bit of an over reaction I think 😂

So by your measure everyone of the 29000 should be like clapping seals when he starts 7 defensive players, 1 up front and 2 shots and no corners. If he didn’t serve up negative defensive shit maybe people might get behind them. Crowds are reactive and they are reacting to the home performances and team selection 

• Upvote 1

I’m sorry but the atmosphere was good for the first 20 mins, it got nervy when we started to get forced back. Understandably so when everyone can see, but Karanka that we can’t get out due to the way we were being set up tactically... bar the end of a match I’ve never seen an opposing team with every player so deep in the opposition half. 

As for the players feeling afraid, intimidated by the atmosphere ... they’re professional athletes that excuse is.. well an excuse and a shit one at that. 

• Upvote 1

If you went to a Rave and the DJ served up smooth Jazz it would hardly get the crowd bouncing.

Karanka is clutching at straws. Pretty pathetic imo.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

If you went to a Rave and the DJ served up smooth Jazz it would hardly get the crowd bouncing.

Karanka is clutching at straws. Pretty pathetic imo.

And then afterwards had a pop at the crowd for not dancing enough.

• Haha 1

Personally I just don't think its helpful, 2-0 up at home to Millwall and the crowd starts getting on Pants back which lead to him rushing his throw out at their 1st goal. Of course Karanka has to take the blame as it wasn't working and his subs were poor but it is a nervy atmosphere at the moment inside the City Ground. If you think hurling abuse at 1-1 is helpful then so be it. As fans don't we have a job to play rather than being mere spectators? 

Back to the game, Colback and Watson can not play at home together. For a defensive pairing, Norwich still managed to get 19 shots out. We could barely muster a chance ourselves. A new keeper needs to be a priority in Jan too and Karanka needs to review his use of subs, how Dias got 85 odd minutes and Lolley/Cavalho taken off 1st is beyond me. Very frustrating afternoon but the beauty of the Championship is that there is another game around the corner. 

36 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

And to add context. Norwich didn't have a full house crowd of  29000 roaring them on ....and who won ?

They didn't, they had a full away end and made noise throughout, although thats all part of an away day. We do the same away from home.

1 hour ago, GupiRed2 said:

Personally I just don't think its helpful, 2-0 up at home to Millwall and the crowd starts getting on Pants back which lead to him rushing his throw out at their 1st goal. 

Leave it out mate. Pantillimon is a professional. If he shits himself every time the fans start to get a bit vocal then the problem lies with him and only him. 

The side doesnt fill me with confidence when i see a out of form goalkeeper a back 4 that are below average(except fox) 2 defensive midfielders that struggle to aspire to and the rest who dont close down quick enough..

1 hour ago, mrcunny said:

The side doesnt fill me with confidence when i see a out of form goalkeeper a back 4 that are below average(except fox) 2 defensive midfielders that struggle to aspire to and the rest who dont close down quick enough..

I don't get why Janko didn't start - he's been v good in his short time here. And Osborn simply ain't a LB - Karanka needs to get a hold of him and threaten him with a fine every time he tries that Cruyff turn in the defensive third. 

Forest fans always go through the same old boring ritual of singing "mull of kintyre" before sitting down in silence waiting for something to happen on the pitch. They have NEVER got behind the team from the off since the introduction of  all seater stadiums. 

I remember Colin Cooper saying "yeah it is quiet". 

Mix that up with rarely having something to cheer about under this pilchard munching dullard and it's a sure fire recipe for disaster! 

It's got that bad now I'd even consider calling for Billy Davies to return.  😂

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Leave it out mate. Pantillimon is a professional. If he shits himself every time the fans start to get a bit vocal then the problem lies with him and only him. 

Dont get me wrong I think he's a shit keeper and yes he should have taken his time and picked the right pass at 2-0 up if he wasn't comfortable finding a quick pass. But just makes me laugh that the fans were being vocal about him throwing it out quicker which he then did, which led to their first goal. He's shit but the fans can be thick as fuck too, how about when we are winning don't put our own players under pressure.

15 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

Dont get me wrong I think he's a shit keeper and yes he should have taken his time and picked the right pass at 2-0 up if he wasn't comfortable finding a quick pass. But just makes me laugh that the fans were being vocal about him throwing it out quicker which he then did, which led to their first goal. He's shit but the fans can be thick as fuck too, how about when we are winning don't put our own players under pressure.

The fans are thick as fuck as well, but shows they just want to be entertained. Would they remember him not throwing it out quickly if we see the game out 2-0? Would the same window lickers go home happy? Yes. It happens at every ground ... it’s an excuse for making the wrong decisions and being a little bit shit.

Having been to a few grounds I think it's fair to say ours is a bit shit as far as getting behind the team goes.  I think we're pretty good away fans but shit home fans.  Like IKS says, it's been the same since we went to an all seater. 

57 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Having been to a few grounds I think it's fair to say ours is a bit shit as far as getting behind the team goes.  I think we're pretty good away fans but shit home fans.  Like IKS says, it's been the same since we went to an all seater. 

I feel its because over the years with so much dross served up weve forget how to cheer and get behind our team..lol

Pantilimon seemed to go to shit after being booked. He does seem to have a mental issue. Few good saves and he looks a great keeper. A mistake and he goes to shit. 

I'd like to see steele given a chance. Would probably ruin Pantilimon forever. 

There's a reason why Pants hasn't played much football in the 9 years since he left Romania, and we're seeing why. I cannot understand why we chased him for so long when there are much better options out there. He does seem to have a few "issues" up top.

Time for Steele to be given a chance. We don't score many goals, it's difficult when you have ten men in your own half, so it's important that we don't concede.

I can't see what Pantillimon offers that Smith didn't tbh. Smith's biggest fault was his distribution - Arguably Pants' is worse. 

On 10/20/2018 at 7:38 PM, Dane B said:

No we won't.

After today's result, Karanka will go even more defensive to ensure we don't lose two on the bounce. Got draw written all over it.

😂 knew we’d beat Bolton.. I was there last season and somehow we threw it away. Knew we wouldn’t do that again and a poor Bolton