Adam

Match Thread: Nottingham Forest - Norwich City

Very poor display. We looked decent during the first fifteen minutes with some high pressing. Watson was pushing up on their defenders. We scored, got a bit of puff in the cheeks for ten minutes and then went to absolute shit when Norwich started pressing the ball. What was Karanka's answer? Like for like substitutions. Great way to change the game up, eh!

Disappointed to see us play so poorly after the effort that went into getting three points on the road when we last played. 

ragged no formation,too slow in midfield and on top of that darikwa back to his worse and ozzie shocking..we deserved nothing and got nothing..

7 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Shit team selection, shit subs, shit below par performances all round, shit goalkeeping and shit ref.

I know Watson and Colback played well together at Boro but you can't rely on that pair, they both don't press high enough so you're always under the bastard cosh.  Add to that we lost every header and 50/50 all game.  Not good enough.

Do I detect the first hairline cracks appearing in your steadfast hard Krankie resolve of giving  him another year or so.?

1 minute ago, E R said:

Fucking useless and again with the worse centre midfield in the league 

I don't understand why he's picking those two again.  That pairing has worked in about one game in 20 that they've played todgether.  You can't function when both of your midfielders are pressing and defending them same areas.  It isn't like we haven't got a ton of midfielders to pick from.

2 minutes ago, mrcunny said:

ragged no formation,too slow in midfield and on top of that darikwa back to his worse and ozzie shocking..we deserved nothing and got nothing..

Spot on.

Just now, legs_akimbo said:

Do I detect the first hairline cracks appearing in your steadfast hard Krankie resolve of giving  him another year or so.?

Nah, I'm happy to criticize when they deserve it.  I'm not going to rock up on here moaning like fuck win, lose or draw.  That would be idiotic.

I think today has proved beyond doubt that Osborn isn't a left back and Darikwa isn't much of a right back. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Maybe, is he going to be any better?

Pretty sure Pants is a bit shit at this stage.  Or at least shit in every other game.

Steele has looked pretty solid in the League Cup whilst Pantillimon is becoming more of a liability. For someone so big he doesn’t dominate his area at all. 

We had a chance today to build a bit of proper momentum after the great win at Boro. Full house, optimism riding high and yet we make a balls of it. I still think we’ll be somewhere round the playoff spots but days like this convince me that automatic is beyond us. 

Just now, Savo said:

Just what was the point in signing Yacob and Tachtsidis?!

They just have been here a month now. Have either made the matchday squad yet? Tachtsidis obviously wasn’t a Karanka signing. 

Not putting someone on the half way line at set pieces and corners was criminal. It created so much pressure. 

Watson and Colback were utterly outplayed. Karanka didn’t address it. 

The subs weakened the team. 

Pants kicking utterly shit. 

Drop watson, panty and heffele for the next game. 

I think most are the same Charlie myself included. You cant blame people for having a moan when everything about a game stinks. Most will also credit the team when they play well.

But even you have to concede 5 or 6 today's followed by an odd good day is not going to cut the mustard long term.

I really really wanted Karanka to start getting some consistency out of the team. It may still happen, I hope it does. I reckon it's just unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

I think most are the same Charlie myself included. You cant blame people for having a moan when everything about a game stinks. Most will also credit the team when they play well.

But even you have to concede 5 or 6 today's followed by an odd good day is not going to cut the mustard long term.

I really really wanted Karanka to start getting some consistency out of the team. It may still happen, I hope it does. I reckon it's just unlikely. 

I think we've had more good games than bad.  We had a shit start thanks to playing todays team, don't understand why we've gone back to it, hence I'm having a moan, that aside we've done alright.  We improved after we stopped playing Osborn at left back - I know we had no other option today, Darikwa at right back and Watson and Colback together.  No surprise that it turns to shit again with all of those back in the team.  Plus the goalkeeper.

Edit, plus taking Lolley off when he was literally the only player who looked like doing anything.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

1 minute ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I think we've had more good games than bad.  We had a shit start thanks to playing todays team, don't understand why we've gone back to it, hence I'm having a moan, that aside we've done alright.  We improved after we stopped playing Osborn at left back - I know we had no other option today, Darikwa at right back and Watson and Colback together.  No surprise that it turns to shit again with all of those back in the team.  Plus the goalkeeper.

I find it just so frustrating, it's the kind of things that you mention that make you wanna scream. 

The consistent inconsistency is bewildering.

He’s gone full Middlesbrough now. Calling the fans on the radio, saying complaining doesn’t help and the fans put too much pressure on the team. Fuck off you miserable fuck. Like all these defensive managers find out, when they are winning fans will put up with it, as soon as they don’t people won’t stomach those sort of tactics. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bestwood_red! said:

He’s gone full Middlesbrough now. Calling the fans on the radio, saying complaining doesn’t help and the fans put too much pressure on the team. Fuck off you miserable fuck. Like all these defensive managers find out, when they are winning fans will put up with it, as soon as they don’t people won’t stomach those sort of tactics. 

If he goes full Middlesborough we'll get promoted.

I’m amazed he’s not come out and said we kept dropping too deep and gave them too much space.... but then he’d have to admit it was his lack of insight to spot it and then change it. 

23 minutes ago, Savo said:

Just what was the point in signing Yacob and Tachtsidis?!

still not match fit will be the excuse Zzzzzzz

6 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

I hate managers calling out the fans. We sold out today, are regularly attending in droves and all that is expected is a side that gives it a go. Having a manager who thinks ‘safety first’ means that we’re often dull as fuck to watch and fans aren’t going to put up with it. Don’t forget the home fans have seen two shite performances in a row. If Karanka doesn’t like the fans reactions then he can perhaps help matters by, to give one example, not starting the ginger twins alongside each other. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Not putting someone on the half way line at set pieces and corners was criminal. It created so much pressure. 

I’ll never understand why managers bring every single player back. It prevents us having an outlet and allows the opposition to put as many players up as they want. No doubt Karanka has been on far more coaching courses than I have but you’ll never convince me that having 11 men back defending a set piece is a good idea. 

19 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

What did she say ? Didn’t hear it