Dane B

Match Thread: Middlesbrough - Forest

2 hours ago, Savo said:

It has got going though. He's been here 10 months now which is plenty long enough to make a judgement. Let us not forget that he took over a team that was doing ok, not great but ok, and made us actually worse whilst bringing in a whole new team many of whom either vanished or played just a couple of times.

We had a great win yesterday which is always great for short term memory loss amongst football fans but his record here is awful so far and frankly after spending £30m in one summer we should be expecting to go to places like Boro and win. Rather than expecting a drubbing which everyone did. 

We did win though and let's see how we do in the next few games. I'm yet to see a string of good performances under AK. We played well against Wolves and then went to shit. We played well this season against Newcastle and WBA and followed it with nothing. 

What this fella said.

58 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

To be fair, for the past few seasons not getting relegated was an amazing achievement... remember all those embarrassing mongs running onto the pitch 2 seasons ago to celebrate our 21st place finish?

It made me cringe when Forest fans were calling Derby for overcelebrating their win against Man Utd when we come 21st and have a pitch invasion. 

Edited by bestwood_red!

2 hours ago, Savo said:

It has got going though. He's been here 10 months now which is plenty long enough to make a judgement. Let us not forget that he took over a team that was doing ok, not great but ok, and made us actually worse whilst bringing in a whole new team many of whom either vanished or played just a couple of times.

We had a great win yesterday which is always great for short term memory loss amongst football fans but his record here is awful so far and frankly after spending £30m in one summer we should be expecting to go to places like Boro and win. Rather than expecting a drubbing which everyone did. 

We did win though and let's see how we do in the next few games. I'm yet to see a string of good performances under AK. We played well against Wolves and then went to shit. We played well this season against Newcastle and WBA and followed it with nothing. 

Brian took two and a half years to get us up and then we only just scraped it.  You lot would have had him out by now.  True story.

Fixing a sinking ship doesn't happen over night. 

I don’t think many teams in this league - and there are some other big spenders not just us - will be expecting to go to Boro and win

And for every Boro and Newcastle there has been a Millwall, Wigan and a Birmingham

as has been pointed out we have a huge squad with a few players we have bought not even making the bench yet so hopefully that will help when other clubs start struggling with injury, however, for me yesterdays results was one of those fluke days that come along and playing 8 in defence for the last 20 minutes against Millwall is in my opinion a more honest view of Karanka’s tactics

2 hours ago, E R said:

I don’t think many teams in this league - and there are some other big spenders not just us - will be expecting to go to Boro and win

And for every Boro and Newcastle there has been a Millwall, Wigan and a Birmingham

as has been pointed out we have a huge squad with a few players we have bought not even making the bench yet so hopefully that will help when other clubs start struggling with injury, however, for me yesterdays results was one of those fluke days that come along and playing 8 in defence for the last 20 minutes against Millwall is in my opinion a more honest view of Karanka’s tactics

Exactly Jamie. Although yesterday's performance, and result, was a very pleasant surprise, I'd want to see more of the same before creaming myself over Karanka. Yesterday was the exception to what we have seen from Karanka so far.

Still, it does show what we are capable of when we turn up on the day.

1 minute ago, Dane B said:

Exactly Jamie. Although yesterday's performance, and result, was a very pleasant surprise, I'd want to see more of the same before creaming myself over Karanka. Yesterday was the exception to what we have seen from Karanka so far.

Think we also saw signs of what this team can be against wast brom also.

26 minutes ago, Dane B said:

no one is creaming themselves dane, all we want is for Karanka to have a fair crack of the whip when we have spent some money and have brought a lot of players in. 10 months and 10 games this season is not a sufficient amount if time in my opinion to start talking about gettind rid of him.

We sit 5th with a few wins a lot of draws and one loss and a good chance of a little cup run. It's not all bad is it? All we want is to allow time for Karanka to implement what he is creating. It could have been better yes but it could also have been a lot worse. We haven't played flash attractive stuff on the whole but we have picked up a respectable amount of points. With time i believe better performances will follow such as yesterday,overtime we will become more consistent, and hence we should pick up more and more points.

1 hour ago, US_RED said:

Think we also saw signs of what this team can be against wast brom also.

A lot of people mention that game but we drew at home. We played well but not well enough to win. Maybe if Karanka didn’t only play 1 up front who knows? 

Wouldn’t you just once to see how we performed with Murphy and Grabban up top with balls coming from Lolly, Carvalho and Dias?

If you are too scared to do that against Millwall or Rotherham you are never going to try it 

This thread is comedy gold. 

Karanka fluked a promotion with Boro, fluked a win over Boro, is still shit despite us being in 5th, will still be shit no matter what because you've got to be mint for five games in a row before you deserve any credit.

Fucking Hell hahaha.

• Upvote 4