Dane B

Match Thread: Middlesbrough - Forest

Why can't we play like that every week? 

Great performances all over the park, with Lolley putting in an outstanding ninety minutes. 

Superb win - up to 5th. That was a great performance today - ironically, I thought Watson and Colback were immense for the 90mins.

16 shots 5 on target away

much improved. Best we have been all season clearly. Maybe the Wednesday result was what they needed.

2 hours ago, David said:

I'd love to be quoted and made to look a twat later, but wtf is that about? Darikwa and Watson in? 

😜

Just now, molymoly said:

Superb win - up to 5th. That was a great performance today - ironically, I thought Watson and Colback were immense for the 90mins.

Agree, thought everyone played well, complete opposite of what I expected with the team we played.

well my suggestion of 3-1 win is the same aggregate as 2-0 get in. What a quality mature performance. Apart from a chance for Britt they were limited to very little. We'll deserved win and a well deserved night out for the lads i say, great way to go into international break. First win away 2 goals, clean sheet, against high flying boro who haven't conceded at home.. We'll done aitor! 

COYR

I didn't even follow the game I was so sure it was going to be a loss, and a heavy one. So hugely surprised to see the result just now.

Well I have criticised Krankie left right and centre and this evening have to doff my cap. Sounds like Forest were excellent and the Manager deserves all the plaudits. A few more performances like this and I would be more than happy to take all the flak anyone wants to throw my way. Long way from changing  my opinion, but today huge well done. 

Darikwa's been getting a lot of stick in recent games ... and rightly so ... but he had a great game today. Well deserved win - they had nothing.

Fantastic performance and result - I will hold my hands up and after the performance in the week I thought we would get a hiding. Lolly is playing out of his skin and looks in fantastic nick 

sorry but with that line up no one could have guessed the performance. The only downside is now he will stick with Watson (who was still our worst player by some distance) and Colbeck in midfield for the next month 

Edited by E R
  • Haha 1

Fantastic result against a team that havn't conceded goals at home this season . Karanka got the tactics and team selection spot on . Seems as though , in typical Pullis style . Boro tried to kick us off the park aided and abetted by a thoroughly incompetent ref .. Onwards and upwards , tonight I'm going to do some serious damage to a fine bottle of Merlot ..

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

Well I have criticised Krankie left right and centre and this evening have to doff my cap. Sounds like Forest were excellent and the Manager deserves all the plaudits. A few more performances like this and I would be more than happy to take all the flak anyone wants to throw my way. Long way from changing  my opinion, but today huge well done. 

This just about sums up my feelings. Excellent result and performance against a team who hadn't conceded at home this season.

38 minutes ago, E R said:

Fantastic performance and result - I will hold my hands up and after the performance in the week I thought we would get a hiding. Lolly is playing out of his skin and looks in fantastic nick 

sorry but with that line up no one could have guessed the performance. The only downside is now he will stick with Watson (who was still our worst player by some distance) and Colbeck in midfield for the next month 

im not sure he will, i think today shows he is using the depth in our squad, now we have 2 weeks off to rejuvinate. I feel gueddy will come back in when we get back to our next game, or maybe one of the new lads. Great to see us make 5 changes and turn out a good performance 

Great result. Lolly is some player and you have to say looking at that line up before kick off I thought ultra defensive and we going for a scrape of a draw 

kranka knows what he's doing, he needs time. We are a decent side