E R

Karanka - sack or keep

There’s a surprise,

If one day I am successful, if one day I am sacked, it's because I do things my way. So I am going to do (select) my shape and I am going to pick my players and I am going to be successful or a failure doing things my way. For that reason I am not going to change because the chairman or the crowd (ask me).

If what you are doing clearly isn't working, you'd change it around a little in search of an improvement. Karanka's refusal to do this smacks of a manager who hasn't got a fucking clue. "My way, or no way" doesn't cut it in today's game. It inevitably leads to a P45.

1 minute ago, Dane B said:

If what you are doing clearly isn't working, you'd change it around a little in search of an improvement. Karanka's refusal to do this smacks of a manager who hasn't got a fucking clue. "My way, or no way" doesn't cut it in today's game. It inevitably leads to a P45.

He had two choices yesterday to protect our lead at 2-1; stretch the opposition further and pick them off as they searched for an equaliser or to sit back and invite pressure against what was a very limited side. That he chose the latter after spunking more money than our past 3 or 4 managers combined have been allowed to spend tells you everything you need to know about his approach to the game. 

I would say give him the season, not sure he will get that, i think he'll be judged in Dec before the Jan market. If we are still in and around the play offs at that time he'll stay, if we start to drop off he will go.

Last night was an off day and his subs cost us as much as Pantilamon did but last nights level of performance isnt the norm as it was for the past few seasons. The goals scored showed there is genuine quality in the squad. We were 2 minutes away from being 5th and 4 points from top. We are far from out of this.

4 hours ago, Dane B said:

Guys, he's been here for two thirds of a season now. 32 league games and just 8 wins.

The wins this season? 1-0 home win against a poor Reading, 1-0 home win against against relegation bound Rotherham, and a fortunate 2-1 against Wednesday, who's perfectly good goal at 0-0 was ruled out and would have changed the outcome. This, having brought in two teams worth of new players and a spend on the top side of £25m, just isn't acceptable. I really cannot work out any kind of defence for him.

Don't be fooled by our league position either. It's been a crazy start to the Championship so far. Even Bolton in 15th are only 2 pts from the play offs, but I know that once the league sorts itself out, and the cream rise to the top, there is no way we'll be among them with just 1 win in 4..

Villa sack Bruce when they are 2 pts off the play offs. Not because of their league position, but because of the performances on the pitch.We need to follow suit. Karanka is fucking useless.

Dane, the only reason I want to see the season out with him is I cannot abide us repeating history for the umpteenth time. Our approach to management appointing clearly doesn't work - no-one is given any time to achieve anything. The football ain't great at the min - I've witnessed it regularly first-hand and it might turn out the Karanka is not the chosen one; but I'd at least like to see the club show some support and back the manager for a change. Surely it is time to try something different and see if consistency is actually worth pursuing. The upheaval sacking the manager in the winter months will cause would probably write off yet another season - and eventually see yet another massive squad overhaul. 

I'm absolutely sick of the 'same shit, different season' experience at Forest. But I do love heading to the ground of a Saturday afternoon as contradictory as that might sound. I've had an ST for 5 years now - and basically, every season has petered out into complete apathy, both in the stands and on the pitch (except maybe the final day scrape a few years ago). I'm willing to stand by the manager in the vain hope that things might actually get better with the same people working together over a period of time. I ain't a happy clapper, fuck me, I was nearly apoplectic last night, but I will judge the manager from the performance over the season. I don't buy the January run - that was a different scenario with different objectives.  If we're no better come May, and not in the shit relegation wise, then that should be the time for possible re-evaluation. 

He'll probably get sacked next week now.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ian said:

Keep

So bring in another who wants different players and it starts all again. 

Nah we've got 2 separate teams sat in the stands so we've got loads of choice 

15 hours ago, Dane B said:

Villa fans want him mate. We may be too late.

I think they might be after Wilder as well.

For what it's worth, I think Villa will try and make a statement and get in a 'name'.  Could be Henry and Rogers has also been mentioned but I don't know why he'd go there. 

I'd love Cook to come but and it's a massive but, he's got to be given time to do something.  I know it's been mentioned that you can't poish a turd.  Our problem is that we keep getting turds to polish.  We've got to get a reasonable appointment that can gel and grow the side and then give them a bit of time.

However, I'd keep Kranky for now to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Brummie_Red said:

I'd love Cook to come but and it's a massive but, he's got to be given time to do something. 

😂

Most managers plying their trade in the English leagues would look at our squad list and fancy their chances of success. On paper, we have a very good bunch of players who should be performing better, yet have been restricted by a manager that knows only one way to play, regardless of who that is against. 

Karanka isn't going to change, which will result is us having less than 30 points on the board come Christmas. That would be a rather piss return with squad we have.

As for who could come in? It's another vote for Cook. 

40 minutes ago, David said:

Always thought he did his homework on the opposition. Last night, the dog must have eaten it. 

You think so? To me it seems we set up exactly the same regardless of who we’re playing. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

You think so? To me it seems we set up exactly the same regardless of who we’re playing. 

I thought it was said at the time he always had dossiers on the opposition. Or was that Warburton? Get through them so fast these days.

Out of interest, how do people think Warburton would do with this squad? Play off places? or a series of 1-2s between Fox and Hefele, 70 percent possession without a shot? 

ahhhh so bringing in cook and giving him time instead of Karanka will bring success.how long do we give 10, 15 games? And if we aren't rattling off sides 3-0 get rid?

ahhhh so bringing in cook and giving him time instead of Karanka will bring success.how long do we give 10, 15 games? And if we aren't rattling off sides 3-0 get rid?

I actually thought we weren't doing too bad until last night.

Problem last night was that the players didn't show Millwall enough respect, thought they could win the game by simply turning up (Billy Big Bollocks).

At this moment in time, I'd keep him until someone better was free.

Edited by Fatles

I'm slightly in the "keep" side. We have changed players, managers, owners and the only thing we havent tried is a bit of consistency. Not sure if Freedman had an entire season, but I THINK last time we gave a manager a full season, his time to put his stamp on the team etc, we got to the play offs. 

This seasons results so far in all competitions,

DDWWDDWLDWWWDDW

5th in the league, into the last 16 of a domestic cup. Currently 7 unbeaten, our 20 goal a season man is up and running with 5 goals in his last 6 games. Already played 7 of the current top 12 (5 of which were away from home). In my eyes things are looking very positive. 

• Upvote 2

Keep. He should get, as an absolute minimum, until the end of the season. If you're going to give a manager millions to spend and let him ship out virtually everyone and build en entire new squad you should at least see it through. To sack him in October would be mental.