E R

Karanka - sack or keep

Sorry but the team seem to be going backwards - I have tried to tolerate his style and I really want to stay with him because I am simply sick of us sacking managers 

but he only knows one way to play and with the squad and money he has spent we should be a lot better than we are which imo is a negative defensive team with no game plan other than to defend en masse and hope to get a goal From  break or moment of skill

one up front at home against a bottom 3 side  and a back 5 with 2 holding midfielders and they still smashed us all over the park 

i have seen all but one game this season and imo I cannot see the owners standing much more of this 

i have no idea who I would employ either but that is not my job 

Edited by E R

I agree with everything said there ER and as for who to replace the dismal Krankie, who I just can't wait to see the back of..... Paul Cook.

Whatever it takes to wrestle him from Wigan get it done.

Been a success wherever he's been in English and Irish football. Well documented achievements at Acrington, Chesterfield and Wigan but had 5 years at my local club Sligo Rovers and is universally considered by far the best gaffer in decades during his spell here.

Someone soon is going to give him a big job, we need to act quickly before some other club recognises what a diamond he is.

Plays an attractive open attacking style where ever he has been.

Paul Cook there's your man.

3 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

I agree with everything said there ER and as for who to replace the dismal Krankie, who I just can't wait to see the back of..... Paul Cook.

Whatever it takes to wrestle him from Wigan get it done.

Been a success wherever he's been in English and Irish football. Well documented achievements at Acrington, Chesterfield and Wigan but had 5 years at my local club Sligo Rovers and is universally considered by far the best gaffer in decades during his spell here.

Someone soon is going to give him a big job, we need to act quickly before some other club recognises what a diamond he is.

Plays an attractive open attacking style where ever he has been.

Paul Cook there's your man.

Villa fans want him mate. We may be too late.

21 minutes ago, E R said:

Sorry but the team seem to be going backwards - I have tried to tolerate his style and I really want to stay with him because I am simply sick of us sacking managers 

but he only knows one way to play and with the squad and money he has spent we should be a lot better than we are which imo is a negative defensive team with no game plan other than to defend en masse and hope to get a goal From  break or moment of skill

one up front at home against a bottom 3 side  and a back 5 with 2 holding midfielders and they still smashed us all over the park 

i have seen all but one game this season and imo I cannot see the owners standing much more of this 

i have no idea who I would employ either but that is not my job 

Get rid. Everything you say is spot on Jamie. Just 8 wins in 32 league games since he's been here. Simply not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Get rid. Everything you say is spot on Jamie. Just 8 wins in 32 league games since he's been here. Simply not good enough.

Read this mate - a one trick pony indeed 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/16/aitor-karanka-middlesbrough-sacked-tactics-clashes-players

4 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Villa fans want him mate. We may be too late.

If Cook lands the Villa job Dane they will be promoted top two.

Just pray Villa go higher profile and the Greek sacks this fucking bluffer sharpish then does whatever needs be to bag Cook

5 minutes ago, E R said:

"Resisting repeated calls to field two strikers, he persisted with one up front, resulting in a litany of draws and one of the division’s best defensive records. In reality the system itself was not so much a problem as his rigid, low-risk interpretation of it, which often left Negredo isolated and led to his team-mates being censured for attempting to “mix things up” by sometimes unleashing long, early balls."

Not sure really. Part of me wants to stick with him for no other reason than we’ve rattled through goodness knows how many managers in the recent past. Part of me wants to fuck him off as he’s a negative cunt who’s holding the side back with his safety first tactics. 

Keep

So bring in another who wants different players and it starts all again. 

11 games into the season and you want another one out.. 

i bet I could find posts in the summer from each one who says out saying give him the season..hold your bloody nerve will you.. see where we are at Christmas.. 

I would still give him the season personally.. 

• Upvote 1

5points from top spot, might as well keep for now, Marinakis appointed karanka which is why I have no faith in him appointing anyone better..

44 minutes ago, Redman said:

"Resisting repeated calls to field two strikers, he persisted with one up front, resulting in a litany of draws and one of the division’s best defensive records. In reality the system itself was not so much a problem as his rigid, low-risk interpretation of it, which often left Negredo isolated and led to his team-mates being censured for attempting to “mix things up” by sometimes unleashing long, early balls."

Says the fan of a club who he took from the arse end of the second division to the top division. As Sid Vicious once said, probably the only thing he ever got right, 'I've seen the man on the street and he's a cunt'. 

Keep.  Only for the reason that supporters of other clubs would think it's a daft idea to get rid..but only by looking at the league table as it stands. But on the other hand they don't have to watch his coma inducing garbage. 

Edited by i.k.s

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Keep

So bring in another who wants different players and it starts all again. 

i bet I could find posts in the summer from each one who says out saying give him the season..hold your bloody nerve will you.. see where we are at Christmas.. 

I would still give him the season personally.. 

You definitely could from me - I admit to saying that however surely with the money he has spent you would at least some miniscual signs of improvement. Last night was a disgrace

It seems every game I see we are arsehole lucky not to get thrashed. With the games we have coming up I fear he will be gone after the Leeds game despite what any of the fans on here think anyway as they will tear us a new arsehole

The bubble pays top dollar but expects something for it 

6 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

11 games in, 1 point off the play offs and 5 off top and we are asking whether to sack the manager and start all over again 😂

Of the eleven fixtures how many were against the current top sides? That is the worry as the struggling teams we've already played (at home) are essential three pointers to avoid the now annual relegation battle. Can you honestly say that we've got the formation and tactics to beat Leeds, Norwich City, WBA, even Derby at this present moment? A manager with experience can easily research, and identify our inherent weaknesses, and can counter Karanka's static tactics.

Keep unless we are in danger of going down. 

I can’t stand his style of football and he’s the first manager who has ever made me think going to watch Forest just isn’t worth it. I’m hoping we keep him until the end of the season, other clubs and fans see how shit he is and don’t hire him so this brand of “football” dies of with the likes of Megson, Mcliesh, Freedman etc. 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

7 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

11 games in, 1 point off the play offs and 5 off top and we are asking whether to sack the manager and start all over again 😂

19 minutes ago, molymoly said:

Last night was terrible. But manager needs at least a season.

Guys, he's been here for two thirds of a season now. 32 league games and just 8 wins.

The wins this season? 1-0 home win against a poor Reading, 1-0 home win against against relegation bound Rotherham, and a fortunate 2-1 against Wednesday, who's perfectly good goal at 0-0 was ruled out and would have changed the outcome. This, having brought in two teams worth of new players and a spend on the top side of £25m, just isn't acceptable. I really cannot work out any kind of defence for him.

Don't be fooled by our league position either. It's been a crazy start to the Championship so far. Even Bolton in 15th are only 2 pts from the play offs, but I know that once the league sorts itself out, and the cream rise to the top, there is no way we'll be among them with just 1 win in 4..

Villa sack Bruce when they are 2 pts off the play offs. Not because of their league position, but because of the performances on the pitch.We need to follow suit. Karanka is fucking useless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Not from me you won't Ian.

I didn't want him here in January, I didn't want him here for the start of the season, and I've been telling you all from the first match this season this is what it would be like under his anti football tactics.

He won't last until Christmas mate.In fact, I can't see him lasting until the end of October.

Edit: Just had a quick look, and we are 1 point better off than we were last season after 11 games. That's with 20 odd new players, and over £25m spent. One solitary point difference.

28 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Guys, he's been here for two thirds of a season now. 32 league games and just 8 wins.

That’s a pretty sobering statistic. I can’t see us getting much over the next few matches either, especially considering we’ve both Boro and Leeds away. 

As I’ve just posted on the match thread, Karanka plays cowards football and I doubt the owners will stick with it much longer, especially if we turn in many more performances like last night. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dane B said:

The wins this season? 1-0 home win against a poor Reading, 1-0 home win against against relegation bound Rotherham, and a fortunate 2-1 against Wednesday, who's perfectly good goal at 0-0 was ruled out and would have changed the outcome. This, having brought in two teams worth of new players and a spend on the top side of £25m, just isn't acceptable. I really cannot work out any kind of defence for him.

Don't be fooled by our league position either. It's been a crazy start to the Championship so far. Even Bolton in 15th are only 2 pts from the play offs, but I know that once the league sorts itself out, and the cream rise to the top, there is no way we'll be among them with just 1 win in 4..

Villa sack Bruce when they are 2 pts off the play offs. Not because of their league position, but because of the performances on the pitch.We need to follow suit. Karanka is fucking useless.

My thoughts entirely - 8 wins in 32 with that backing is fucking atrocious 

43 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Edit: Just had a quick look, and we are 1 point better off than we were last season after 11 games. That's with 20 odd new players, and over £25m spent. One solitary point difference.

That is shocking however if you could actually see a settled side making progress and starting to gel I would accept that but we are not. We should have lost against Blackburn and Millwall 

i have a feeling that after the Boro game he will be gone and we will look for someone new in the international break as the bubble must be fuming looking at the performances we are turning in