E R

If Karanka goes who would you like to see to take over?

Jesus H Christ  Dane talk about adding 2+ 2 and getting 99 !. You and Jamie are becoming conspiracy theorists of the highest order .. Give me one good reason why Karanka would walk out at this moment if not for the strongest and gravest of personal reasons ... There's nothing to see here gentlemen , jog on ...

It's not conspiracy Col, something has definately happened between Karanka and the club.......trust me mate. 😛😛😛 I can't be told exactly what has happened cos I will post it on here. LOL

8 hours ago, Oldbighead said:

Usual suspects in here praying for a karanka downfall...

I do hope you're not including me in that quote.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:01 AM, Dane B said:

As you know, I'm not his biggest fan, but if he has left the club it's madness.

All speculation, obviously, but how deflated was he in that interview?

Read the Forum before making off the cuff remarks like that mate.

He probably wants another 30 million quid to spunk on 13 new players in January 

He has form for being a massive sulker and had clearly spat his dummy out on Saturday 

He's got form for this sort of stunt. If it derails the good run of form we're on then it will not go down well with the supporters.

Always had him down as a lower league Mourinho but this takes the imitation to new levels if he's gone off in a sulk.

1 minute ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Good, that's how football managers who are winners get things done. 

It's also how modern football managers get sacked.

16 hours ago, Dane B said:

Surely if it was just a case of family issues, the club would have released a statement to that effect, but the silence from the club makes me believe something is not right between karanka and the club. Something has happened to make karanka spit his dummy out. 

14 hours ago, Dane B said:

It's not conspiracy Col, something has definately happened between Karanka and the club.......trust me mate. 😛😛😛 I can't be told exactly what has happened cos I will post it on here. LOL

Make your mind up

I reckon someone like Mark Hughes will take over until the summer and maybe offer him a 3 year deal if we do go up 

27 minutes ago, E R said:

I reckon someone like Mark Hughes will take over until the summer and maybe offer him a 3 year deal if we do go up 

Eh?

Karanka hasn't gone has he?

16 hours ago, colin said:

You and Jamie are becoming conspiracy theorists of the highest order .. 

Don't compare me to this prat Col 😂

3 hours ago, E R said:

He probably wants another 30 million quid to spunk on 13 new players in January. 

54 minutes ago, E R said:

It probably is about money for players though 😂

Edited by E R

11 hours ago, Savo said:

It's also how modern football managers get sacked.

Find me a winning modern, or old manager for that matter, who didn't have a spat once in a while.

Plenty of laugh a lot managers, can't think of one that knows how to win football matches though.

57 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Nah, the winning has got too much for the Karanka out brigade so they're inventing fantasies to pass the time now.

So funny isn't it! Over the years people have become accustomed to having a good old moan about how shite forest are, we all just expect it.

Now we have a manager who has been given the time to develop his own team, which can play defensive and expansive. Of course it's going to take time to get all these signings firing..

So it seems not quite the one trick pony I have seen suggested on here.

Are people clutching at straws that disaster is about to happen simply just to save face..

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Oldbighead said:

So funny isn't it! Over the years people have become accustomed to having a good old moan about how shite forest are, we all just expect it.

Now we have a manager who has been given the time to develop his own team, which can play defensive and expansive. Of course it's going to take time to get all these signings firing..

So it seems not quite the one trick pony I have seen suggested on here.

Are people clutching at straws that disaster is about to happen simply just to save face..

You're right but this is Forest remember, there's always a disaster on the horizon.

19 minutes ago, Brummie_Red said:

You're right but this is Forest remember, there's always a disaster on the horizon.

To be fair since the new owners have been here everything has been rosey. Has the page been turned? I pray..

12 hours ago, Oldbighead said:

In the same way that folk like you seem to enjoy coming on here after each win to give it the big smug face more than the win itself?

Believe it or not everyone here wants the same end outcome. It's only the process that gets us there where we disagree.

• Upvote 1

As everyone knows I've never been a huge fan of Karanka. Always thought his buy, buy, buy policy instead of working with what he has was potentially damaging to a club not long out of a FFP-enforced embargo. I'm also not a huge fan of the football he plays and the insistence on 2 holding midfielders whether we're playing Man City or the Dog and Duck reserves.

However I have been impressed with our form recently and it appears that he has got us playing better stuff. There's a long way to go and until recently his stats were up there with some of the worst managers we've ever had so I'm yet to be wholly convinced and all this 'best manager since Clough' talk I've seen on other forums and on social media is at best premature and at worst complete nonsense IMO. Forest fans as a whole are quick to get very carried away as we've had so much shit to deal with so anyone who wins a few games is the messiah all of a sudden and some managers are forever held in high esteem simply by nearly being successful like Billy Davies or Paul Hart.

Hopefully he maintains this level. Over to you Aitor.

• Upvote 1

Sensible people among us will know that when your club has been on a consistent downward spiral for around nine or ten years it takes a long time to get it straight and that required patience from us.  We know that turning over a manager ever few months is idiotic, even more so if you invest in one and sack them off before finding out if things might work out.

Any decent manager's first priority is to stop shipping goals.  Once that's happened you can get the other things right. 

Karanka has shown at Boro that he knows how to get a team up, even if it takes two and a half years like it might here.  The trouble with online Forest fans is you need to be promoted by Christmas in your first season.

Having seen Boro at this level under him I know he didn't get them up playing shit football either.  Likewise here, the football has got better as the season has gone on and anyone who says we're a defensive team is frankly a moron when it comes to football.

Lastly, which club has he fucked up financially?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Sensible people among us will know that when your club has been on a consistent downward spiral for around nine or ten years it takes a long time to get it straight and that required patience from us.  We know that turning over a manager ever few months is idiotic, even more so if you invest in one and sack them off before finding out if things might work out.

Any decent manager's first priority is to stop shipping goals.  Once that's happened you can get the other things right. 

Karanka has shown at Boro that he knows how to get a team up, even if it takes two and a half years like it might here.  The trouble with online Forest fans is you need to be promoted by Christmas in your first season.

Having seen Boro at this level under him I know he didn't get them up playing shit football either.  Likewise here, the football has got better as the season has gone on and anyone who says we're a defensive team is frankly a moron when it comes to football.

Lastly, which club has he fucked up financially?

It's only in the last month or so though where the football has improved along with the results. Before that Karanka at best had split the fans opinion 50/50 if you go by the supporters online (who aren't some mythical sub-species). It was perfectly justifiable for us realistic fans at that point to question the tactics, the playing of Watson, the chopping and changing, the mediocre football, the lack of wins and the sheer numbers he was adding to the squad for the sake of it seemingly. 

I'd say that AK's Boro were functional, perhaps not playing 'shit football' but certainly not dazzling anyone and mostly pretty boring. When they went up 7 teams had scored more goals than them including Fulham in 20th. However nobody got near them in the goals against column. In the Premier League they scored 27 goals, only Derby (20) and Sunderland twice (26 and 21) have scored less since the turn of the century. They did 'only' concede 53 goals though which for a team that got relegated is very good, 9th best in the league that season in fact and Arsenal in 5th conceded only 9 less. So basically they went out to bore the fuck out of the opposition to get 0-0s and 1-0s. Probably last on MOTD each week :lol:

As for the last point, nobody...yet. But we're hardly a beacon of financial light having been mismanaged for about 15 years. Our wage bill must be incredible and we've spent over £30m this season already with no doubt a push in January. All with no parachute payments or recent player sales. You don't have to be an accountant to work out that for a club like us it isn't sustainable and sooner or later we will have to sell off the family silver (again) if we're not promoted.

Anyway things have improved which is what I and everyone else wanted all along. If it continues then brilliant.

Edited by Savo
  • Upvote 1