E R

If Karanka goes who would you like to see to take over?

Talking of Warburton, he reckons the job wasn't "as advertised".

Originally, his remit was to lower the age of the squad, and build for the future. Then in December, the goal posts moved, and he heard the club were not happy being mid table, and expected us to be in the top 6.

Looking back, if he had known the expectation, he would have demanded more money for players.

Karanka, beware. 

26 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Talking of Warburton, he reckons the job wasn't "as advertised".

Originally, his remit was to lower the age of the squad, and build for the future. Then in December, the goal posts moved, and he heard the club were not happy being mid table, and expected us to be in the top 6.

Looking back, if he had known the expectation, he would have demanded more money for players.

Karanka, beware. 

Dane mate where did you get your information from ?. I too heard the same rumour but since Warburton , to my knowledge ,has not publically said this I assumed it was mere supposition . Even if true it would hardly be the reason for his dismissal / resignation ... He could have simply said OK let's change our plans to match your expectations ..  NO my friend I believe that there was much more to him leaving the club than that ... However , unless our owners make a statement on the issue we'll never know .........

3 minutes ago, colin said:

Dane mate where did you get your information from ?. I too heard the same rumour but since Warburton , to my knowledge ,has not publically said this I assumed it was mere supposition . Even if true it would hardly be the reason for his dismissal / resignation ... He could have simply said OK let's change our plans to match your expectations ..  NO my friend I believe that there was much more to him leaving the club than that ... However , unless our owners make a statement on the issue we'll never know .........

It was from an Evening Post article last March Colin.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/mark-warburton-claims-forest-job-1322529

I have no doubt there were other reasons for him leaving Col, but we'll probably never find out the truth. But if you compare Warburton's tenure to that of Karanka's, you'd have to say that Warbs wasn't given a fair crack of the whip. Lost his best striker, and only given £4m to spend, yet points per game, he was out performing Karanka. So, if Warbs was sacked cos of the league position, how the fuck did Karanka make it past close season? There's more to it than meets the eye my friend.

4 minutes ago, Dane B said:

It was from an Evening Post article last March Colin.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/mark-warburton-claims-forest-job-1322529 There's more to it than meets the eye my friend.

Where did the £4mn  figure come from mate ?. It would surprise me a great deal if that were true given the largess that.s been afforded to Karanka ..  As you say there's much more to it than meets the eye but Warburtons'  alleged explanation just doesn't ring true to me ...

11 hours ago, colin said:

The fact that this forum was threatened with legal action by a certain sports agency if we didn't remove a thread intimating " impropriety "  perhaps lends credence to this theory ..............  We really do not know and the club isn't saying ..

Really? Bloody hell 

On 9/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, Savo said:

I'm fed up of the club. Fed up with losing or scraping by each week. Fed up of boring defensive football that doesn't even get results. Fed up of changing our entire team every season and having no identity. Fed up with muppets being put in charge of the team. 

It's crap and the shred of optimism and hope I had at the beginning of the season has long gone now as I can see it's just more of the same shit. Same old same old.

Agreed. Year on year of turgid shite no matter who's in charge. We haven't had a side worth watching since the poisonous porridge wogs first time here.

One defeat in 12 now - sometimes it baffles me but no one can doubt he knows how to avoid defeat 

18 minutes ago, nottmred said:

No coincidence we've looked better as we've started to play a settled side with less changes.

Yep and not playing Watson AND Colback together

10 hours ago, nottmred said:

No coincidence we've looked better as we've started to play a settled side with less changes.

That's why I was complaining during pre-season, it was obvious we were going to have to do what we should have been doing in the friendlies at the start of the season because we picked bizarre teams throughout instead of using friendlies to find the best team.

Hopefully we've ironed all of that bollocks out now and can crack on.

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

That's why I was complaining during pre-season, it was obvious we were going to have to do what we should have been doing in the friendlies at the start of the season because we picked bizarre teams throughout instead of using friendlies to find the best team.

Hopefully we've ironed all of that bollocks out now and can crack on.

I know I am a miserable bastard when it comes to Forest but I have a genuine question...I can also open it out to others too. 

Don't you tire of being so positive about the club? After all the shit they've put us through in the last 15 years do you find it difficult to constantly find a reason to believe? I suppose it's the hope that keeps you going but for me I just find it so hard to keep believing anymore.

6 hours ago, Savo said:

I know I am a miserable bastard when it comes to Forest but I have a genuine question...I can also open it out to others too. 

Don't you tire of being so positive about the club? After all the shit they've put us through in the last 15 years do you find it difficult to constantly find a reason to believe? I suppose it's the hope that keeps you going but for me I just find it so hard to keep believing anymore.

Mate, it's been the same ever since I've been on this Forum. Defending Megson. Defending the awful Doughty and Arthur, and even trying to make a case of support for the laughable Fawaz. I seriously do applaud the faith shown by some folk on here, even when it was blatantly obvious that the owner/manager were failing us.

Me personally, I don't like Karanka, or should I say his style of football. I honestly believe, that with this squad, we should be pushing for top 2, yet even our last league match we were awful, but on here excuses were made regarding the stifling tactics of the opposition. It took a late penalty for us to score, even though Rotherham had conceded 10 in their 4 previous away games. Most were grateful for the 3 points.  Surely this squad is better than just scrambling over the line against Rotherham?

For me, the biggest positive I can take at the moment is Marinakis. He's come here and transformed us, both on and off the pitch. I have no doubt that under him we will be in the Prem within two season's. Whether Karanka is the man to take us there is another debate though. I hope he does, I really do, but for fuck's sake, let's do it playing attractive, attacking football. We have the squad to do that.

I am upbeat regarding what is happening at the club, more than I have been for years, but i just can't get excited regarding the manager.

• Upvote 2

Dane just because Rotherham conceded 10 goals in the last 4 away games it doesn't entitle us to steamroll them. We didn't play our best football no, quite from it. But when we failed to play our best football we still picked up 3 points. Most teams will drop points if they aren't on their metal.

We do have a good squad as you have mentioned and i think this will have a positive effect as we get to Christmas and beyond. While most other teams in the division will have to rotate due to fitness and congested fixtures therefore leading to second choice players this may be something we can take advantage of, our centre midfield is going to be ridiculously strong when everyone is up to speed with their fitness so hopefully when we rotate we won't have a weakened side.

couldn't agree more with marinakis, he's rejuvenated everyone at the club and i believe this also has an impact on the pitch, we all have shown faith in him that's why our average attendance is 27,000+, its a tough long slog this league and i truly believe we will get stronger as the season goes on

11 hours ago, Savo said:

To be fair you quoted me complaining about something there.

I don't think I'm being particularly positive, just patient.  A couple of weeks ago most on here were saying Karanka's a complete fuckwit and since then he's won three games on the bounce.  People are saying our football is negative but I haven't seen much evidence of that, yes we've been shit and pegged back in some games but that doesn't mean your default is negative. 

I've been fucked off with near relegations and having seasons when you know you might as well not bother before you start - and a big part of that was Doughty and Fawaz.  Right now we have a manager who, like Billy, has had a top six finish in his full seasons at this level.  Like Billy he's been dismissed as negative.  I'm happy to give him a go like I was with Billy.  On top of that I think he's got a pretty good squad, too big but there is quality in it. 

Every year Forest fans piss and whine and most of the time justifiably, my opinion is at least give something a chance before dismissing it, obviously there comes a point when you know something is fucked, e.g. with Fawaz and Doughty but to say we're at that stage now is ridiculous.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick
  • Upvote 1

We look better since the international break. We've brought in so many players they need time settle. He pretty much knows his team now. Only the wide players change depending on fatigue and form.

Just listening to talk sport and Glenn Hoddle wouldn’t be a bad shout when Karanka goes 

1 hour ago, E R said:

Just listening to talk sport and Glenn Hoddle wouldn’t be a bad shout when Karanka goes 

You need sectioning with Hoddle

Paul Cook for me , however I would stick with Karanka for now and see how the next 5-6 games pan out as we could either be right back in the mix or so far out of it that something will change based on the owners previous trigger. 

Forget the league position (Which is decent without being amazing). How any paying supporter is happy to go down and see the stuff we play is beyond me. 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders against second bottom last night. 

I'm 350 miles away so couldn't get if I wanted to but there is no way on this earth I would pay £25/30 to go and watch a Karanka team.

Paul Cook

Outstanding achievements at...

Sligo  Rovers:  Cups x4,  high table finishes and Europe

Accrington Stanley: Steadied a sinking ship

Chesterfield: from relegation zone to League 2 title followed by playoffs League 1

Portsmouth: League 2 title

Wigan: Has them right up there.

We have tried all angles and other than Calderwood who had not achieved a fraction of what Cook has......when was the last time we employed an upcoming hungry young Manager ?

Paul Cook that's the man. 

18 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

We have tried all angles and other than Calderwood who had not achieved a fraction of what Cook has......when was the last time we employed an upcoming hungry young Manager ?

Karanka.

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Karanka.

Karanka was employed in the vain hope he might repeat a fortuitous promotion after having  been deservedly sacked for being shit. I think it's pushing it to describe him as up and coming in the truest sense.

How about someone in on an upward trajectory, (not another Krankie- Warburton- Montanier - Davies - Freedman et al)  and now Karanka, who in a few weeks you too will be wanting out and who like all the Forest Managers of the past two decades will never achieve fook all ever again 

2 hours ago, legs_akimbo said:

Karanka was employed in the vain hope he might repeat a fortuitous promotion after having  been deservedly sacked for being shit. I think it's pushing it to describe him as up and coming in the truest sense.

How about someone in on an upward trajectory, (not another Krankie- Warburton- Montanier - Davies - Freedman et al)  and now Karanka, who in a few weeks you too will be wanting out and who like all the Forest Managers of the past two decades will never achieve fook all ever again 

I read this sort of stuff a lot, often the people demanding a manager out say we should employ this guy then when that guy gets the job they want him out within a few months too.  We'll never do anything because we haven't got the patience to see how it turns out, me included often enough.  Even Brian took a couple of years to turn us around in a similar position and he was a genius.  I'm not saying any of our managers would have worked out but we'll never know.  My pet hates were Warburton and Freedman but they did ok elsewhere.

It'd make as much sense sacking Karanka now as it did sacking O'Driscoll. 

Edited by Charlie Cheswick