E R

If Karanka goes who would you like to see to take over?

On 9/5/2018 at 7:29 PM, legs_akimbo said:

You really don't like this Manager do you Dane 😁

Nothing against him personally Legs, but as a manager, I do believe he is a one trick pony.

Far too many issues at Boro, (wasn't he suspended for a while?), and the fact he was unemployed for nearly a year, suggests we should have steered well clear of him.

Stupid thing is, I really do want him to succeed and make me look a proper tit. I'd take that if it meant promotion, or even a top 6 finish, but c'mon, 6 wins in 27 games? It takes a special manager to bring in so many players and achieve that stat. 

2 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Nothing against him personally Legs, but as a manager, I do believe he is a one trick pony.

Far too many issues at Boro, (wasn't he suspended for a while?), and the fact he was unemployed for nearly a year, suggests we should have steered well clear of him.

Stupid thing is, I really do want him to succeed and make me look a proper tit. I'd take that if it meant promotion, or even a top 6 finish, but c'mon, 6 wins in 27 games? It takes a special manager to bring in so many players and achieve that stat. 

I'm with you all the way it gives me no pleasure to say. 

17 hours ago, Dane B said:

The moaners are entitled to their opinion on an open forum chaz, but that's as far as their opinions go. 

I can't exactly see Marinakis browsing this forum and saying, "Fuck a bubble, Dane, Savo, and Bestwood Red all say Karanka is shit, I'd better sack the clown quick cos those 3 know their onions. 

It's our club mentality Dane, has been for as long as I can remember and imo it's embarassing and completely self defeating.  As I've said before, we make Arsenal fans look great.

Btw, never said anyone wasn't entitled to their opinion. 

It doesn't matter what his name is.  We set about EVERY manager we have regardless of their name after a minimum of three bad games in a row.  That's why I bought up the Scousers a while ago.  Whenever I've been in their ground no matter how the game is going they're behind their team.  Us lot no chance.  No manager will be a success here 'cause they've not only got to win most weeks and win while playing well but they've also got to be a great guy too.  Anything less and at least half of our lot will be like, fuck him.  Get him out.  You'd think after 86 managers in ten years we'd wise up but no.  

It has to be the right man you say?  How do you know who the right man is when the absolute most anyone will last in the job is a few months?  It's madness. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dane B said:

Mate , you dont need him to succeed to look a proper tit. 😀😎

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

It doesn't matter what his name is.  We set about EVERY manager we have regardless of their name after a minimum of three bad games in a row.  That's why I bought up the Scousers a while ago.  Whenever I've been in their ground no matter how the game is going they're behind their team.  Us lot no chance.  No manager will be a success here 'cause they've not only got to win most weeks and win while playing well but they've also got to be a great guy too.  Anything less and at least half of our lot will be like, fuck him.  Get him out.  You'd think after 86 managers in ten years we'd wise up but no.  

It has to be the right man you say?  How do you know who the right man is when the absolute most anyone will last in the job is a few months?  It's madness. 

I suppose the same could be said about Leeds yet they have got a manager in who has spent half the money has, had a lot less time in charge and has signed half the amount of players yet they have a clear purpose, you can see what he is trying to do tactics wise on the pitch and they are tearing it up.

surely even you must be slight concerned mate that after signing Watson, Colbeck and Geddy that he now thinks they all need replacing? Or after signing Dawson he hasn’t been near the first team and has dropped down behind another new old boy in Hefele?

the fact is fans accept bad form and shit performances if they can buy into the managers vision and our managers vision is to do whatever he can to be as defensive as possible to stop the other team scoring and hope that we score from a 40 yard pass from defence. These days it seems we are reliant on Danny Fox hitting a winger from 40 yards as we never play through Colbeck or Watson as they always receive the ball with their back to the opposition goal and pass it straight back to a defender or sideways to each other and then back to a defender. None of our attacks seem to be from passing through the midfield and Karanka seems to want to reinforce that style of play even further judging but the recent additions who are again defensive minded midfielders. We haven’t got a real creative spark in the middle midfield at all. Maybe Geddy but let’s be honest he is hot and cold and quite injury prone 

1 hour ago, E R said:

I suppose the same could be said about Leeds yet they have got a manager in who has spent half the money has, had a lot less time in charge and has signed half the amount of players yet they have a clear purpose, you can see what he is trying to do tactics wise on the pitch and they are tearing it up.

surely even you must be slight concerned mate that after signing Watson, Colbeck and Geddy that he now thinks they all need replacing? Or after signing Dawson he hasn’t been near the first team and has dropped down behind another new old boy in Hefele?

the fact is fans accept bad form and shit performances if they can buy into the managers vision and our managers vision is to do whatever he can to be as defensive as possible to stop the other team scoring and hope that we score from a 40 yard pass from defence. These days it seems we are reliant on Danny Fox hitting a winger from 40 yards as we never play through Colbeck or Watson as they always receive the ball with their back to the opposition goal and pass it straight back to a defender or sideways to each other and then back to a defender. None of our attacks seem to be from passing through the midfield and Karanka seems to want to reinforce that style of play even further judging but the recent additions who are again defensive minded midfielders. We haven’t got a real creative spark in the middle midfield at all. Maybe Geddy but let’s be honest he is hot and cold and quite injury prone 

I don't think it's about accepting shit performances, we all know we've been shit, it's about being able to not go into a week long depression and demanding the manager goes after every one. 

Wasn't sure why we signed Colback to be honest.  I thought Watson was alright last season but a bit like with McKenna you can really tell when a player in that position is past it and it happens quite suddenly.  I think it's come to that this season with him.  I also think Bridcutt is a decent player and could be played more.

I haven't got a problem with playing two defensive midfielders, loads of decent teams play them, it's just that Colback and Watson don't work.  Obviously if he keeps picking them he'll keep losing and he'll be gone.  I just say wait to see how it pans out, the owner won't have much patience with results and it might be more productive if we are a bit patient.

As for Leeds, they're way ahead of us in terms of progress.  I think if they didn't have a mad cunt as an owner they might have gone up last season.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I don't think it's about accepting shit performances, we all know we've been shit, it's about being able to not go into a week long depression and demanding the manager goes after every one. 

Wasn't sure why we signed Colback to be honest.  I thought Watson was alright last season but a bit like with McKenna you can really tell when a player in that position is past it and it happens quite suddenly.  I think it's come to that this season with him.  I also think Bridcutt is a decent player and could be played more.

I haven't got a problem with playing two defensive midfielders, loads of decent teams play them, it's just that Colback and Watson don't work.  Obviously if he keeps picking them he'll keep losing and he'll be gone.  I just say wait to see how it pans out, the owner won't have much patience with results and it might be more productive if we are a bit patient.

As for Leeds, they're way ahead of us in terms of progress.  I think if they didn't have a mad cunt as an owner they might have gone up last season.

100% agree Chas .👍

there’s far to much knee jerk reaction going on in this forum .. Folk want Karanka gone after only a handful of games. It takes time to build a coherent squad. Maybe the Bubbles won’t give him that if results continue to be below expectations, we don’t know . Meantime he deserves our full support !!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, colin said:

100% agree Chas .👍

there’s far to much knee jerk reaction going on in this forum .. Folk want Karanka gone after only a handful of games. It takes time to build a coherent squad. Maybe the Bubbles won’t give him that if results continue to be below expectations, we don’t know . Meantime he deserves our full support !!

I'm not brown nosing, but you always talk sense..

Edited by Oldbighead
  • Downvote 2

“I said to the players after Brentford that nobody said it was going to be easy. It is a process. Everything takes time. That is not just the case here, it is the same always.

“At Middlesbrough it took two-and-a-half years, at Brighton with Chris Hughton it took two or three years, at Fulham with Slavisa Jokanovic it took more than two years.

“It is all about time and we need to be patient. They (the hierarchy) are patient, because all of us have the same thoughts.”

Lets hope he is given time....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oldbighead said:

I'm not brown nosing, but you always talk sense..

Thank you OBH .  Perhaps being " senior in years " gives one a different perspective to these matters  , maybe greater tolerance ?.

No matter what ones opinion we all want for our team to play attractive winning  football and to gain promotion . Time and patience are the most valuable commodities in building a sustainable platform for the club to progress .. Yes , we suffered from years of " false dawns " and  " broken promises " leading to  abject failure and millions of £ss wasted ... However , I ( maybe naively ) believe that our new owners and their management / board members have identified our errors / problems and are quietly going about rectifying them . No more promises only actions ..  That we've sold over 20,000 season cards is a sign that a considerable number of fans have bought into the " project ".. Let's not forget that it wasn't that long ago when our chairman declared the club " NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE " a damning indictment if ever there was one .     I believe that we can finally hope again !!

3 hours ago, colin said:

100% agree Chas .👍

It’s not ‘a handful of games’ though, is it? He’s been here since January. 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

It’s not ‘a handful of games’ though, is it? He’s been here since January. 

5 hours ago, E R said:

And there has been zero progression in that time 

Yes , but since we were not fit for purpose when he was appointed it's hardly realistic or reasonable to have expected him to have transformed us into promotion contenders by now ..... Take Man U under Fergie or us under Clough two of the greatest managers English football has known and both needed time to transform their clubs fortunes. He must be allowed time or we'll just perpetually be on a merrygoround of sacking manager after manager .

17 hours ago, colin said:

Mate , you dont need him to succeed to look a proper tit. 😀😎

At least I can still remember what a tit is, you old git. 😂😂😂

On a side note, Col. I'm now getting one Saturday off in 4. As soon as that coincides with a home game, I'll be down to have a few beers with you mate.

7 hours ago, colin said:

Yes , but since we were not fit for purpose when he was appointed it's hardly realistic or reasonable to have expected him to have transformed us into promotion contenders by now ..... Take Man U under Fergie or us under Clough two of the greatest managers English football has known and both needed time to transform their clubs fortunes. He must be allowed time or we'll just perpetually be on a merrygoround of sacking manager after manager .

Then why sack Warburton? He was here when the Greeks first took over and said we weren’t fit for purpose and a club in intensive care. Warburton only spent about £4m and lost Assombalonga but had us in much better fettle than we are in at the minute. 

Surely if the club was in intensive care while we were mid table having spent £4m you’d expect us to be doing much better 8 months later under a new manager and £30m deeper in the transfer market. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bestwood_red! said:

Then why sack Warburton? He was here when the Greeks first took over and said we weren’t fit for purpose and a club in intensive care. Warburton only spent about £4m and lost Assombalonga but had us in much better fettle than we are in at the minute. 

Surely if the club was in intensive care while we were mid table having spent £4m you’d expect us to be doing much better 8 months later under a new manager and £30m deeper in the transfer market. 

There are rumours of certain " indiscretions " plus a difference over our recruitment policy that precipitated Warburtons departure ..  Out of confidence the club have been very tight lipped over this issue .

3 hours ago, Dane B said:

At least I can still remember what a tit is, you old git. 😂😂😂

On a side note, Col. I'm now getting one Saturday off in 4. As soon as that coincides with a home game, I'll be down to have a few beers with you mate.

😂😂 very true mate ... Hope to see you soon , first one is on me ! 

6 hours ago, colin said:

There are rumours of certain " indiscretions " plus a difference over our recruitment policy that precipitated Warburtons departure ..  Out of confidence the club have been very tight lipped over this issue .

Id heard it’s because his daughter was agent to most of his signings but I don’t know if that’s ever been confirmed. 

3 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Id heard it’s because his daughter was agent to most of his signings but I don’t know if that’s ever been confirmed. 

The fact that this forum was threatened with legal action by a certain sports agency if we didn't remove a thread intimating " impropriety "  perhaps lends credence to this theory ..............  We really do not know and the club isn't saying ..