E R

If Karanka goes who would you like to see to take over?

7 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

Does it actually matter who we bring in. If we sack Karanka, the new man won't last 6 months, or the guy after that. 

They will if they win games of football. Or at least look like they have a plan in place rather than this scatter-gun transfer approach hoping sheer numbers will do it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Savo said:

They will if they win games of football. Or at least look like they have a plan in place rather than this scatter-gun transfer approach hoping sheer numbers will do it.

I think in the transfer window just gone numbers were needed. Who wouldn't you have bought that we have now? For a push for top 6, a lot needed to leave and come in to give us a squad which could at least threaten to break into the top 6. I actually think we have a squad good enough to do that now, he just needs to find a way to get them to win games.

3 hours ago, Dane B said:

It's not the fans' decision Gupi. The Bubble will sack him results don't improve.

You're right mate they will, I think the period between this international break and the one in November will be key for him. If results dont improve and we're not at least in sight of top 6 I think he will be gone before December. After spending so much money I'd have at least given him the season but like you say, the fans don't make the decisions. 

54 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

I think in the transfer window just gone numbers were needed. Who wouldn't you have bought that we have now? For a push for top 6, a lot needed to leave and come in to give us a squad which could at least threaten to break into the top 6. I actually think we have a squad good enough to do that now, he just needs to find a way to get them to win games.

By 'scatter-gun' I mean the players brought in don't seem to follow a set plan. The Portuguese players came in for a fortune and don't play every game. They are flair players who need the ball to feet yet we play defensively and pump it up to murphy and play for flick ons. If we're going to try and 'mix it up' (most polite way of describing our style) then don't sign 3 young technical Portuguese lads who average about 9 stone wet through.

Dawson seems completely pointless. Some thought he could be here to bring on Worrall but he's gone to Rangers.

Grabban cost a lot but we don't play to his strengths. Just what is Soudanis position and role in the team? Colback is an overrated crab. And the jury is still firmly out on Robinson and Pantilimon for me.

Most managers in the Championship would kill for the squad and the backing Karanka has had. To bring in the flair and talent we have and still put out a central midfield of Colback and Watson is criminal. It's like buying a sports car and driving around with the handbrake half on. 

Edited by Savo
  • Upvote 3

On 9/3/2018 at 9:21 PM, Art Vandelay said:

I don't particularly like Karanka but if you're going to sack a manager who's done a pretty decent job and then let his replacement ship out a majority of the squad and spend a huge amount buying an whole new squad you should at least give him a full season.

Couldn’t agree more Art. The same people who wanted Warburton sacked are the same ones who say we should support Karanka when he has a lower win ratio, lower goals to games scored, higher goals to games conceded, has brought in a shit load of players he hasn’t got a clue what to do with and has spent £25m in the process. 

The only reason i don’t want him sacked is for FFP. If we sack him now is going to cost to get rid, cost to replace and cost to sort the squad out. Best bet is leave him in place for 2-3 years, not give him anymore money and rebuild and try again in a few years. 

8 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Best bet is leave him in place for 2-3 years, 

I think you meant 2-3 games mate.

Fuck giving this clown 2-3 years.

15 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I think you meant 2-3 games mate.

Fuck giving this clown 2-3 years.

You really don't like this Manager do you Dane 😁

8 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Couldn’t agree more Art. The same people who wanted Warburton sacked are the same ones who say we should support Karanka when he has a lower win ratio, lower goals to games scored, higher goals to games conceded, has brought in a shit load of players he hasn’t got a clue what to do with and has spent £25m in the process. 

The only reason i don’t want him sacked is for FFP. If we sack him now is going to cost to get rid, cost to replace and cost to sort the squad out. Best bet is leave him in place for 2-3 years, not give him anymore money and rebuild and try again in a few years. 

Yeah, it is strange that when we hit that awful run around the time Karanka went nuts bringing in a load of random waifs and strays in January, that was justified as doing what he had to do to keep us up, the current players weren't up to it etc. Yet Warburton had that same squad of supposed no-hopers who all needed shipping out comfortably in mid-table yet was apparently doing a bad job and deserved to be sacked. Odd.

Although I wouldn't worry about FFP. A couple of years under a total transfer ban is the best thing that could possibly happen to Forest.

I think both sides of this argument have collective amnesia.  Under Warburton we were fucking woeful in the end and it wasn't surprising he got the boot, although it was rumoured he was sacked for non-football matters.  On top of that we were even more backwards and sidewards passing than under Karanka.  That said, we just levelled out on the shitness when Karanka came in, after a couple of games of getting tonked in the same vein that Warburton finished, Preston being the pinaccle of shitness.  I guess the disappointment was we bought 12 players in to turn 3-1 defeats into 0-0's, 1-1's, 1-0's and 0-2's. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Considering we’re seemingly bringing players in over his head I can’t see him staying much longer. 

That's been happening at least since Billy Mk II and the Algerians.  Might have something to do with our lack of success on the managerial front..

13 hours ago, E R said:

Good article, I know Brian's start here was a bit shit but by today's standards our fans would have hounded him straight out.  You won the League? Counts for shit, all that matters is you haven't got our lot playing.  I spend most of my time cringing when I read our fans rabbiting on in an impatient fashion pretty much all of the time every year.  If we knew half of what we do in tactical expertise as we do in patience and not being a collective bunch of whingey bastards we might win a few more games.

As Brian himself said, the trouble with the people of Nottingham is we want everything yesterday - on top of the stuff about tactical experts not being able to win a game of dominos. Detractors will say it's been 20 years, it'll be 20 more unless we learn how to get on board instead of spending 24/7 sniping.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

We all want stability though. One of the main arguments it seems for keeping AK is the club needs stability. Yes it does but with the right person. 

And let's be honest, his policy of ditching all of our young players and bringing in an army of experienced pros on big money hardly screams stability from his side to me. It screams shit or bust this season.

2 hours ago, Savo said:

We all want stability though. One of the main arguments it seems for keeping AK is the club needs stability. Yes it does but with the right person. 

And let's be honest, his policy of ditching all of our young players and bringing in an army of experienced pros on big money hardly screams stability from his side to me. It screams shit or bust this season.

What are you banging on about Savo?  We've got a first team with the average age which must be the same as everyone else now instead of having an average age of 21 which would have been 18 without Daryl Murphy.

What happened that made you so negative all of a sudden?  We never find out if any manager is the right one because we hound them out in five minutes.  If a genius like Brian took a year and a half to turn us around how on Earth is anyone else going to do it in 6 months?

2 hours ago, Savo said:

Well he sold Brereton who many including me felt would struggle to make an impact on the championship in the next two years if ever for bloody good money

i think Worrall going out on loan will be good experience as he is probably 6th in the pecking order but he will be coming back. Other than that I can’t see anyone else being ditched of any note 

46 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

What happened that made you so negative all of a sudden?  We never find out if any manager is the right one because we hound them out in five minutes.  If a genius like Brian took a year and a half to turn us around how on Earth is anyone else going to do it in 6 months?

I'm fed up of the club. Fed up with losing or scraping by each week. Fed up of boring defensive football that doesn't even get results. Fed up of changing our entire team every season and having no identity. Fed up with muppets being put in charge of the team. 

It's crap and the shred of optimism and hope I had at the beginning of the season has long gone now as I can see it's just more of the same shit. Same old same old.

• Upvote 1

I'm loosing faith in him but it's as simple as this. 

Win the next two games and play well and we all be thinking differently. If we loose the next two and play the same then he won't last much longer. 

The thing is Charlie, Clough had proven pedigree and you could see what he was trying to do and implement. I can’t see what Karanka is trying to do, we aren’t tight at the back and we aren’t attacking. We don’t close teams down and we don’t counter attack. He’s signed 20 players but we look woefully short in some positions and no quality in others. He’s spent £30m but apart from goalkeeper I can see any area of the pitch where we are better than we were at the start of last season. 

I dont want to mention spending money on tickets and travel or Colin will kick off again for no reason but it pisses me off when people who don’t go to games tell them who do go to stop moaning. If I we to watch a film I’m allowed to say it’s shit, if I spend money on a meal and it’s cold I’m allowed to complain. If you pay the equivalent of a ticket to Alton Towers to watch a football match you’re allowed to complain when your team makes no effort to win the game. 

I do go to games Bestie, been going for years.  So long that I remember back when Frank Clark was our manager we were absolutely fucking shit at this point in his first season.  I think we were fourth bottom.  That was with a team with Collymore, Stone, Cooper, Phillips, Crossley et al in it. 

To be honest, the moaners would be better off fucking football off for a year or two.  They're a hindrance. 

My thoughts are, things will turn out well or they won't but they're more likely to turn out well if as a collective we stopped bitching and moaning 24/7 all year round every year.  Any fucker that can be successful under those conditions has to be a genius.

34 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I do go to games Bestie, been going for years.  So long that I remember back when Frank Clark was our manager we were absolutely fucking shit at this point in his first season.  I think we were fourth bottom.  That was with a team with Collymore, Stone, Cooper, Phillips, Crossley et al in it. 

To be honest, the moaners would be better off fucking football off for a year or two.  They're a hindrance. 

My thoughts are, things will turn out well or they won't but they're more likely to turn out well if as a collective we stopped bitching and moaning 24/7 all year round every year.  Any fucker that can be successful under those conditions has to be a genius.

Sorry Charlie the second paragraph wasn’t aimed at you just a general point. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

The moaners are entitled to their opinion on an open forum chaz, but that's as far as their opinions go. 

I can't exactly see Marinakis browsing this forum and saying, "Fuck a bubble, Dane, Savo, and Bestwood Red all say Karanka is shit, I'd better sack the clown quick cos those 3 know their onions. 

10 minutes ago, Dane B said:

The moaners are entitled to their opinion on an open forum chaz, but that's as far as their opinions go. 

I can't exactly see Marinakis browsing this forum and saying, "Fuck a bubble, Dane, Savo, and Bestwood Red all say Karanka is shit, I'd better sack the clown quick cos those 3 know their onions. 

You never know mate 😚

2 hours ago, Dane B said:

Fawaz yes, marinakis no