Adam

Match Thread: [LC] Nottingham Forest - Bury FC

2 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

This competition is a joke competition, nobody takes it seriously until the latter stages. 

Joke competition or not, Karanka had the opportunity to try a more attacking game against poor opposition last night, but still opted for his horrid defensive line up. Seriously, did we really need 6 of our ten outfield players to be defensive against League 2 opposition? He should have taken the opportunity to mix it up a little...he might have been surprised at the outcome.

We will lack goals all season playing the way Karanka wants us to, and we thought Warbs was a one trick pony? His insistence on a defensive line up, especially with the attacking threat at his disposal, will cost him his job. Ditch one of the defensive midfielders for an extra forward player.

46 minutes ago, Caz said:

How did Hefele play last night? 

I thought he looked good. Really solid, good distributor and barking orders alongside Dawson. Decent signing.

4 hours ago, molymoly said:

I thought he looked good. Really solid, good distributor and barking orders alongside Dawson. Decent signing.

Good stuff. Hoping he can push for a league starting place. 

You can see why people say he's a good character.  All the stuff Molymoly said plus stuff like when he scored his penalty he went to celebrate with our goalkeeper rather than jogging back to the halfway line like everyone else. 

8 hours ago, molymoly said:

Sounds like we have a few decent options in our back line now. I wonder what our 1st choice back 4 will be when all the players are fit and settled. At a guess:

Osborn....Hefele...Fig...Byram

Gives us a bit of height at the back too. 

8 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

Sounds like we have a few decent options in our back line now. I wonder what our 1st choice back 4 will be when all the players are fit and settled. At a guess:

I think it would be harsh to drop Fox at the minute. He's been one of our best performers in the opening few games.

8 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

Osborn isn't a left back. He shouldn't be playing there. If Robinson isn't good enough to step up, why on earth did we sign him?

It has to be Robinson - Hefele - Fox - Byram.

Dawson will be well down the list, probably 4th choice just ahead of Worrall. Another signing I cannot understand.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:24 AM, Dane B said:

Dawson will be well down the list, probably 4th choice just ahead of Worrall. Another signing I cannot understand.

How else do you propose we maintain the 40 man first team squad we prize so highly if not by signing endless numbers of random old journeymen on long deals and no role in the team? Come on DB, think it through.....

On the subject of signings, I often take a look at other fans forums to see the reaction when we make a new signing and almost without fail it's either indifference or a mixture of hilarity and confusion but I popped over to the Huddersifield forums to see what they had to say about Hefele and they all love him. Four pages of posts and every single one positive, don't think I've ever seen anything like it :ohno01:

Edited by Art Vandelay
due to a tricky mixture of perfectionism and incompetence

On 8/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, Art Vandelay said:

How else do you propose we maintain the 40 man first team squad we prize so highly if not by signing endless numbers of random old journeymen on long deals and no role in the team? Come on DB, think it through.....

My bad, Art. I must have had a senior moment there.