Sign in to follow this  
E R

2018/19 Season predictions

1 hour ago, JohnReese said:

What is beginning? Isn't it just our opinion on where we'll finish next season or is there an ulterior motive to the original question?

Dunno why Darcy thinks tenth is a joke but no other finishes are (doesn't he like the number 10?) but there's no chance us finishing top two, would be great if we did but it's wishful thinking.

Maybe let me answer the first time before making assumptions....

Edited by darcy
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, colin said:

We do have a chance Jamie but given the strength of the division I believe it to be unlikely ..  A top 8 finish would be acceptable , top 6 fantastic !.

I cant see that we are in any different position to say Wolves so I was just pointing out that it is not out of the question

A bit of a run and some confidence and imo with the players we have it is definitely doable 

would like Byram in as the defence is all that worries me a bit 

39 minutes ago, darcy said:

I'm questioning the joke of "that would be a good season" 

how would it be a good season finishing 10th? We have invested in pretty much a brand new team, broke our transfer record by over double, brought in god knows how many talented players who are only here for a promotion push and have a manager who knows and wants to win. 

Sorry but you are deluded if you think its a successful season if we finish 10th. 

People can predict we finish where ever you want but don't say its successful when its not. 

Successful season? Who said that? Successful means winning a trophy doesn't it ? Or getting promoted, None of which will happen next season & breaking our transfer record won't change that. That's why I said it would be a "good" season if we finished tenth which it would compared to the last five seasons so before you start calling others deluded at least get your facts right else you look the only "deluded" one.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, E R said:

I cant see that we are in any different position to say Wolves so I was just pointing out that it is not out of the question

A bit of a run and some confidence and imo with the players we have it is definitely doable 

would like Byram in as the defence is all that worries me a bit 

I fully agree with you on the neccessity to sign a quality right back . My forecast is somewhat tempered by the fact that should Grabban get injured we'd have to rely upon Soudani and Brereton to lead our attack ..  If , as rumoured Boro are wanting shot of Gestede and the fee + wages are reasonable then he'd be a good option .. Alternatively , a loan deal for Hughill from West Ham perhaps .. If all were to go to plan then your prediction might well be nearer the mark ..

13 minutes ago, JohnReese said:

Successful season? Who said that? Successful means winning a trophy doesn't it ? Or getting promoted, None of which will happen next season & breaking our transfer record won't change that. That's why I said it would be a "good" season if we finished tenth which it would compared to the last five seasons so before you start calling others deluded at least get your facts right else you look the only "deluded" one.

Here we go again with your overtly aggressive posts .. Clearly you have learned nothing from your 30 day " exclusion " .... Either wind your neck in or I'll make it a permanent ban ..  

3 minutes ago, colin said:

I fully agree with you on the neccessity to sign a quality right back . My forecast is somewhat tempered by the fact that should Grabban get injured we'd have to rely upon Soudani and Brereton to lead our attack ..  If , as rumoured Boro are wanting shot of Gestede and the fee + wages are reasonable then he'd be a good option .. Alternatively , a loan deal for Hughill from West Ham perhaps .. If all were to go to plan then your prediction might well be nearer the mark ..

Colin I agree, a right back and another striker are required - anything so Murphy is not a feature of our squad!

With regret I have to say that Murphy is nothing like the player he was when he signed for us ... There's rumours that his familly have moved back to Ireland and he's been suffering from depression .. I don't know if that's the reason for his complete loss of form which seems to have coincided with Irelands elimination from World Cup qualification ..  What is clear to me is that we cannot rely upon him to create or score the goals needed for us to be successful .. Kinder to negotiate to buy out his contract ...

3 minutes ago, colin said:

Here we go again with your overtly aggressive posts .. Clearly you have learned nothing from your 30 day " exclusion " .... Either wind your neck in or I'll make it a permanent ban ..  

Overly aggressive??? You having a laugh? There's absolutely nothing aggressive about my post. Darcy was more aggressive calling me deluded so how come you haven't mentioned that?

I hadn't actually noticed anything different apart from the forum being down as to why it wouldn't sign in but now you're saying that it just proves my original assumptions of you, won't bother repeating but I wasn't expecting to be right about that but it seems I was.

There Definately appears to be a "clique" on this forum, some can comment anything they like and others can't, possibly newcomers to the place. Show some bloody respect , equality does exist you know it's not Victorian London anymore & everybody deserves it regardless of their opinions.

• Haha 1

Now I know how utterly childish that Colin bloke is, he will probably confirm that permanent excursion he threatened me with (LOL) like it bothers me, let's just all hope that Forest win the league/get promoted next season, we've not had such a chance in years but I just cannot see it happening though we will Definately improve on our poor finishes over recent seasons and like I've already said, 10th place finish would represent a Good season.

COYR!!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JohnReese said:

Now I know how utterly childish that Colin bloke is, he will probably confirm that permanent excursion he threatened me with (LOL) like it bothers me, let's just all hope that Forest win the league/get promoted next season, we've not had such a chance in years but I just cannot see it happening though we will Definately improve on our poor finishes over recent seasons and like I've already said, 10th place finish would represent a Good season.

COYR!!

childish? Have you even read back your recent posts? 

Re previous posts i stand by my comments of 10th not being a "good" or "successful" pretty much in the same concept. 

Sorry if my post offended you 🙄

37 minutes ago, molymoly said:

Mods - is there a blocking function on this forum? Cannot abide this prick taking over threads again.

i must say this bloke does my fucking nut in I thought he had gone - he is like a manic depressive with a very short fuse

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, darcy said:

childish? Have you even read back your recent posts? 

Re previous posts i stand by my comments of 10th not being a "good" or "successful" pretty much in the same concept. 

Sorry if my post offended you 🙄

Appreciate the apology Darcy, you could teach that Colin some etiquette.

I notice somebody said 12th, Ben I think without scrolling back, surprised he isn't getting any stick for his negativity.

14 minutes ago, E R said:

i must say this bloke does my fucking nut in I thought he had gone - he is like a manic depressive with a very short fuse

A complete ballache trawling through his diatribe - fucks me right off.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnReese said:

Appreciate the apology Darcy, you could teach that Colin some etiquette.

I notice somebody said 12th, Ben I think without scrolling back, surprised he isn't getting any stick for his negativity.

Again in case you misread my explanation I am not questioning anyone's view of where we will finish, that is an opinion of them, I am stating that it is not a "good" season finishing in your case 10th...

Lets just put this to bed now as I am bored of explaining the same situation   

rock bottom! 24th haha, break every rule in ffp and get back to back relegations to league 2, flog any player that is worth over £50k and start again with the under 18's..

joke, as i said earlier 7th, just thought would lighten the mood

3 hours ago, JohnReese said:

COYR!!

You are either on a massive wind-up or a childish fuckwitt . You refuse to calm it down and antagonize forum members with your purile posts and jibber jabber . Consequently , you are now consigned to the dustbin of Forest Fans members . Please do not try to reregister under another pseudonym because your posting style is unique and you will be excluded immediately ... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

A very weak division this year but still concerned that Kranka hasn't addressed the weaknesses which led to gradual deterioration last season. Having Fox and Dawson at the Back concerned about relative positioning and ability to react to the counter-attack and set-pieces. Both are experienced but their speed could be a real problem. Also worried about Darikwa's defensive abilities, but this issue could be compounded further if the wingers fail to protect assist the left and right backs, and crosses into the box. The other aspect is Karankas tendency to play a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 which doesn't suit the Strikers or Forwards who require additional support and assistance upfront.  

Prediction : 9th Position. (6th if a new RB and 4-4-2 Tactics is adopted). 

• Downvote 1