Sign in to follow this  
E R

2018/19 Season predictions

Come on then cocks on the block - the season starts next week

Where do you think Forest will finish?

I predict we will finish 4th place and that we will go up via the play-offs

Difficult one to call.

We'll either finish top 6, or be out of the top 10 at Xmas and Karanka sacked.

I'll opt for the former. I think Leeds will set the bar this season, and we'll finish 4th, and hopefully go up via the play offs.

Either way, from what I've heard of yesterday's performance, this season promises to be much better than what we've had to suffer in recent years under the clueless Arab.

Difficult. 

Leeds, Stoke, Villa, Derby and WBA all have strong sides and add into that theres always a surprise side. 

Will go for 6th.

I know we had a good result on Saturday and that our attacking players are decent for this level of the game, but is our defence good enough to keep us from conceding points over the course of a long season?

41 minutes ago, JohnReese said:

Tenth. That would be a good season for us.

I hope that’s a joke.....

1 hour ago, darcy said:

I hope that’s a joke.....

Hope what's a joke? Tenth? No it's a serious prediction. Somebody said ninth so whys tenth a joke? I'd say the ones saying First or Second are the jokers.

18 minutes ago, JohnReese said:

Hope what's a joke? Tenth? No it's a serious prediction. Somebody said ninth so whys tenth a joke? I'd say the ones saying First or Second are the jokers.

Haha, and so it begins

I'm hoping for a settled side with a clear identity, an attempt to play decent football,  and finishing the season with the same manager and roughly the same team that starts it. Anything better than that's a bonus. I'll go 12th.

10 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Haha, and so it begins

What is beginning? Isn't it just our opinion on where we'll finish next season or is there an ulterior motive to the original question?

Dunno why Darcy thinks tenth is a joke but no other finishes are (doesn't he like the number 10?) but there's no chance us finishing top two, would be great if we did but it's wishful thinking.

i thibk the 'so it begins' comment was down to the impending start of the old age topic of debate that is differwnce of opinions to where we will finish and reasons for that, rather than your 10th prediction. I am more in the camp of play offs would be marvelous but but by no means is guaranteed. I think top 2 is out of the question. But who knows, like i said i think 7th just missing out on play offs

There is definitely a chance we could finish top 2 with a bit of luck. Those 3 Portuguese lads look top class so if Grabban and Soudani start scoring and the defence with Dawson and Figgy do well - i can’t see why we do not have a chance 

• Haha 1

We do have a chance Jamie but given the strength of the division I believe it to be unlikely ..  A top 8 finish would be acceptable , top 6 fantastic !.

11 hours ago, JohnReese said:

I'm questioning the joke of "that would be a good season" 

how would it be a good season finishing 10th? We have invested in pretty much a brand new team, broke our transfer record by over double, brought in god knows how many talented players who are only here for a promotion push and have a manager who knows and wants to win. 

Sorry but you are deluded if you think its a successful season if we finish 10th. 

People can predict we finish where ever you want but don't say its successful when its not. 

• Downvote 1