Sign in to follow this  
colin

Time and Tide

So the saying goes " wait for no man " . This seems to be very much the case with Daryl Murphy Esq .   At the begining of last season he was very effective in holding up play as a target man even weighing in with a few crucial goals .. The catalyst for his downturn in form seems to have been Irelands elimination from World Cup qualification .. Since that time his displays ( one could not possibly call them performances ) have deteriorated to being detrimental to the team as a whole . In other words he's been useless !.

When we signed him many Newcastle fans were full of praise for his abilities and the roll he had played in their promotion .. Initially I thought he would transfer that form to his game here at NFFC for at least one season . Sadly I was to be very disappointed ... 

So , it's now clear , to me at least , that he has no place in our new squad and should be either sold ( if anyone is daft enough to buy him ) or his contract paid up ..  Whichever , it means that we need to sign another quality striker to supplement Grabban , Soudani , Brereton .. Is that what Karanka might have been alluding to in his post match interview last night ?????

It’s Daryl Murphy  😁

Agreed though - he looks shockingly disinterested and shit. Maybe if Ipswich lose Waghorn he will fuck off back there even if it is on loan 

Maybe he's just too old now to perform at this level.

I thought at the time of signing he was past his best, and when I did see him last season, he always looked a yard or two off the pace to be honest.

Agree with Colin on this one. Pay up his contract and get him out. 

Did we not give him a 3 / 4 year contract when he signed? I would imagine dropping from the Prem he is on a decent wage too... Completely agree though he cannot be relied upon as our 4th striker - move him on if we can!

He's just past it. You don't give 3 year deals to 34 year old second tier plodders. Hopefully it's a lesson learned. But I very much doubt it......

3 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

He's just past it. You don't give 3 year deals to 34 year old second tier plodders. Hopefully it's a lesson learned. But I very much doubt it......

Dawson?

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

Hasn't he been our main man up top in all of our friendlies?

What's that all been about?  Grabban and Soudani must have had a game between them.

I think Karanka has been trying to put certain players in the shop window Chaz.

I would expect to see Grabban or Soudani start against Bournemouth.

52 minutes ago, E R said:

It’s Daryl Murphy  😁

Agreed though - he looks shockingly disinterested and shit. Maybe if Ipswich lose Waghorn he will fuck off back there even if it is on loan 

Corrected just for you Jamie ..😝

40 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Maybe he's just too old now to perform at this level.

I concur, he can't even get Murphy's name right. Colin has to go.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, colin said:

Corrected just for you Jamie ..😝

Sorry mate - I swear at first I didn’t know who you was on about. But agree I would be happy to see the back of him. Maybe swap him for Marriot 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I concur, he can't even get Murphy's name right. Colin has to go.

😎😎 That's you to the top of my shit list !!!!

59 minutes ago, E R said:

Sorry mate - I swear at first I didn’t know who you was on about. But agree I would be happy to see the back of him. Maybe swap him for Marriot 

Maybe we should just melt him down for glue after all he's playing like a knackered old donkey !!

Swap him for Marriot !!! You're 'avin a Turkish my old son ..

He hasn't got the pace or mobility to work with our new attack; which is now full of young, quick attackers. His time here is up!