Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

Fantasy Football

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

What are you talking about, wait a few weeks? You can use five each week :huh: You can't just sit there with a keeper who never plays, you should have dumped him as soon as you saw the first Leeds team! Come on H-B. sort it out....

Jota? I had him in my Premier League teams thinking he'd be their main forward, but looks like he's going to be deeper this year. At one point last season I had eight Wolves players. I hope you had the main bargain last year - Bobby Reid, down as a cheap midfielder but playing centre forward B)

You're right, what have I been thinking? It's time for action! New keeper this weekend, Bamford also to be dropped unless he plays tonight.

I didn't pick up on Reid, but had Jota plus another one of the Wolves players who were both down as midfielders while really being strikers. Barry Douglas was practically a midfielder at times too.

The Champions League group draw has been made and the tournament kicks off on 18th September. The Telegraph are running a game again this season so I better start my research early!

Do you have to pay for this game? It doesn't sound like your heart is really in it H-Block 😜 Douglas is in the Leeds team for this year, still a good shout for assists with his dead ball skills.

I'm just playing the official premier league game this year. Anyone else? I picked my team in a hurry and didn't check the fixture list first so have made a bit of a hash of it, but getting things back on track. I was wondering however;

1.  Any tips or hints for bargains in the game? I picked Fred, Cairney and Kenedy in midfield but all have been underwhelming.

2. What is the best transfer policy in the game? There is one free transfer a week and a few wildcard but do people make transfers on top of that? I don't know if it is really worth the 4 points to make additional transfers but is that just me being conservative?

28 minutes ago, Daz said:

Do you have to pay for this game? It doesn't sound like your heart is really in it H-Block 😜 Douglas is in the Leeds team for this year, still a good shout for assists with his dead ball skills.

You don't have to pay for your first team but I have a "season ticket" which costs a fiver and entitles you to three teams. You can use those in any of the Telegraph games - Premiership, Championship or Champions League.

Yeah, I picked Douglas then shipped him out week one when he didn't play and haven't got round to re-signing him. Action is required!

So the best fullback in the league misses one game and you immediately ditch him but your goalkeeper misses six games and is obviously not first choice and you leave it? You've got things back to front H-B :upsidedown:

I'm not really qualified to give advice on the official premier game. I don't like it and only really played it to make sure saurus didn't win the forum mini-league :happystrange:

I think generally people don't make additional transfers. I might have a look at the player list later see if I spot any bargains. One tip is save your second wildcard to near the end of the season, they'll be a midweek in April with some rescheduled games. You can use your wildcard the week before to stock up on the best players involved in the midweek games then use the 'bench boost' the week of the extra games to have a whole squad of players playing two matches. You can make up a lot of ground there B)

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

So the best fullback in the league misses one game and you immediately ditch him but your goalkeeper misses six games and is obviously not first choice and you leave it? You've got things back to front H-B :upsidedown:

I didn't plan it that way but it I had to use too many of my transfers week one and was sort of hoping Jamal Blackman would find his way into the team. I've since replaced him with Randolph (Middlesbrough), replaced Jansson with Douglas and replaced Bamford with Rodriguez (West Brom). Let the points roll in!

9 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I think generally people don't make additional transfers. I might have a look at the player list later see if I spot any bargains. One tip is save your second wildcard to near the end of the season, they'll be a midweek in April with some rescheduled games. You can use your wildcard the week before to stock up on the best players involved in the midweek games then use the 'bench boost' the week of the extra games to have a whole squad of players playing two matches. You can make up a lot of ground there B)

Book idea: "How to win at Fantasy Football, Betting and Life" by Art Vandelay. I'd certainly buy a copy. 😀

I joined one with work. Made the mistake of putting De Gea in net. He's been minus points for two weeks running. Time for a change I think...

Patricio and Hart would be good budget options with fairly decent defences in front of them but will still make a few saves per game.

If you have a bit more cash then one of Ederson, Kepa or Alisson. It depends on who else is in your team. I picked Alisson but will probably change him for Kepa because I'd rather have as many Liverpool outfield players as possible (whereas other than Hazard and Alonso, I don't see much value in Chelsea players).

I've had a relatively good start and am top of my two mini leagues. It is all down to Hazard who must have got me 30% of my points so far.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:49 PM, Art Vandelay said:

How are you getting on then HB?

Mid-table mediocrity this season. If my forwards score one week you can be sure the defence will concede. When the defence keep clean sheets, the forwards don't score. Not my season.