Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

Fantasy Football

Me and 14 mates are doing a prediction league with one of those fancy excel spreadsheets that automatically populates a league table for you. It follows the super 6 points format and I'm 3rd in that. It worries me that most have predicted an England win...

Did you at least have Mbappe/Greizman/Cavani?

No. Sold Griezmann AND Cavani during the amnesty as I thought France v Argentina would be low scoring :smile_anim: :king_right: :sad02: :worried_anim:

In their place I brought in Costa and Lukaku (the latter which I want to swap for Kane) as I thought their games would be higher scoring. Watch them be 0-0 draws now!

Well, that's put me in a rather awkward position. I've got a team 29th overall with the Sweden defence. 0-0 and England win on penalties? :unsure:

Well, that's put me in a rather awkward position. I've got a team 29th overall with the Sweden defence. 0-0 and England win on penalties? :unsure:

The best of both Worlds -you know it makes sense!

blimey I am about a 1000th and thought I was doing well. slowing grasping all this

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Where did you finish then ER?

New Telegraph games are out: https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/premier-league/splash

I recommend the Championship version, there's a lot less competition than in the Premier one, I finished 3rd last season B)

You're good at this stuff.  I was thinking after two rounds I'm not catching that fucker. I was trying hard too.

I tried the championship one last year in a league with Art and it was disappointing to say the least 😔😂

On 7/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, Art Vandelay said:

Where did you finish then ER?

New Telegraph games are out: https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/premier-league/splash

I recommend the Championship version, there's a lot less competition than in the Premier one, I finished 3rd last season B)

Art, is it just me or have they reduced the transfers from 50 to 40? 🤔

I thought last year's limit was spot on, taking a balanced approach I used my last transfer on the last day of the season. Can see it being a struggle with ten less transfers.

It's just you :P

It's never been more than 40. In the very early days it was just 12. Although in those days you had to do them through the post by filling out a form using codes from the newspaper.......

6 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

It's just you :P

It's never been more than 40. In the very early days it was just 12. Although in those days you had to do them through the post by filling out a form using codes from the newspaper.......

Oh 😀

Just the premier league one for me and I started so badly I've already used my wild card! Squad rotation has done me...had some expensive players that were sub in the first few games.

21 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Anyone enter the Telegraph Championship one?  I've got off to quite a start B)

Yes, I can see you're top 10 nationally and top 5 in the Forest league, very impressive stuff indeed!

Alas, it already seems  to have gone wrong for me. Despite thoroughly researching my team, I had to make 5 transfers in week one just to field a fit team. But then the 5 I brought in haven't been picked since. Last season I had some success in balancing my transfers so I pretty much only used one a week, so am basically going to leave the game alone until there are 35 matches left and try to play catch up from there.

3 hours ago, H-Block said:

Despite thoroughly researching my team, I had to make 5 transfers in week one just to field a fit team. But then the 5 I brought in haven't been picked since.

:lol: 

That research doesn't sound that thorough to be honest..... Although I nearly always use quite a few early on. I'd rather use 11 right at the start and have a team I'm totally happy with than sit there with a bunch of duds just for the sake of saving transfers.

I'm interested to see this team now. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.......

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I'm interested to see this team now. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.......

Thanks for the offer, but it's just too embarrassing. :(

3 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I hope you've at least got Maupay, Roofe, and Flint.......

I've got Flint, not even heard of the other two. Will look them up, thanks......

Ohhh, I see Roofe is a Leeds player. No, I didn't have foresight to pick him, on the Leeds front I picked:

1) Jamal Blackman (Sheffield United's no1 last season, 31 appearances, hasn't played  single league game for me)

2) Pontus Jansson (defender, 42 appearances last season, only started one game so far, thankfully kept a clean sheet in that one)

3) Patrick Bamford (striker, did me proud last season but hasn't even started a game so far)

With everything you've been kind enough to teach me about Fantasy Football I feel like I've let you down :(

You haven't still got Blackman and Bamford have you? :unsure:

I think Jansson was injured at the start of the season, but he might keep his place. I'd assume Cooper will come back in but he might replace Berardi instead.

Roofe and Maupay are the main forwards for attacking sides but are classed as midfielders. That's something to always look out for B)

52 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

You haven't still got Blackman and Bamford have you? :unsure:

Well, yes.......😩.....I've used too many transfers and won't be able to change things round properly for a few weeks.

Cheers for the tip on Roofe and Maupay, I did something similar with some of the Wolves players last season.

What are you talking about, wait a few weeks? You can use five each week :huh: You can't just sit there with a keeper who never plays, you should have dumped him as soon as you saw the first Leeds team! Come on H-B. sort it out....

Jota? I had him in my Premier League teams thinking he'd be their main forward, but looks like he's going to be deeper this year. At one point last season I had eight Wolves players. I hope you had the main bargain last year - Bobby Reid, down as a cheap midfielder but playing centre forward B)

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Like 1