Sign in to follow this  
Ricknffc

derby collapse!

Second divison East Midlands club appoint former England International Midfielder with no experience as manager :worried:

Second divison East Midlands club appoint former England International Midfielder with no experience as manager :worried:

Have they? Reports say that he's still in talks!

If you do a Google image search for 'David Platt' these days you just get a load of pictures of that guy from Coronation Street, but a decade or so ago one of the top search results was a picture of David Platt's stupid face with a caption below which simply read ****.

And that always made me smile :)

Oh, the punchline has been censored. Can't you allow it just this once? It couldn't be in a more appropriate context. Just to be clear, on the caption it was the actual word not just a load of asterisks. Having to do this explanation has really ruined the whole story :thumbsdown_still:

Edited by Art Vandelay

If you do a Google image search for 'David Platt' these days you just get a load of pictures of that guy from Coronation Street, but a decade or so ago one of the top search results was a picture of David Platt's stupid face with a caption below which simply read ****.

And that always made me smile :)

Oh, the punchline has been censored. Can't you allow it just this once? It couldn't be in a more appropriate context. Just to be clear, on the caption it was the actual word not just a load of asterisks. Having to do this explanation has really ruined the whole story :thumbsdown_still:

:lol: :lol:

What I don't get is how sometimes you can get a **** through but other times it gets bleeped. It's a load of bullshirt.

With all the abuse that gets hurled around on this forum, I have always found it ironic the word **** is censored.

Edited by Mr Smith

Villa are fucked, they will sell grelish and kodja for around £35-£40m for the pair and still be struggling with their wage bill

Half of their starting 11 was on loan as well. Apparantly Sheff Weds are in a bit of trouble too. Invest well and we could potentially sneak into that play off pack.

Hope Lampard gets confirmed as shaggers boss today

As long as mad Mel pays him a salary that matches or betters his media work then I'm sure he will take the job!

Like Lampard really wants a managers job. After what he said no owner should give him one but as its Shaggers I hope he takes them down.

So, Lsmpard is in! Must've been offered more £millions than his media work was providing then.

Very undeserving appointment imo, not that I want shaggers to do well, but those managers toiling their trade in the lower leagues surely deserved a chance with this job over a millionaire England failure (without Roman millions would've been club failure too) who stated publicly that he'd only consider a job in management if it paid more than his media work so obviously wasn't fussed about going into management anyway but he'll be happy when he gets his payoff cheque next season coz he sure as hell won't be there for three years.

Enjoy adding to your £millions Frank, you greedy prick.

Good luck to him - he will no doubt have access to lots of loans. You hit upon a good point though and the appointment Ipswich have just made seems to fit that

Edited by E R

So, Lsmpard is in! Must've been offered more £millions than his media work was providing then.

Very undeserving appointment imo, not that I want shaggers to do well, but those managers toiling their trade in the lower leagues surely deserved a chance with this job over a millionaire England failure (without Roman millions would've been club failure too) who stated publicly that he'd only consider a job in management if it paid more than his media work so obviously wasn't fussed about going into management anyway but he'll be happy when he gets his payoff cheque next season coz he sure as hell won't be there for three years.

Enjoy adding to your £millions Frank, you greedy prick.

It cant be for the money. They are screwed ffp wise. Losing 3 million a month and owe 10 million. Morris even said the spending days are over and they need to use academy etc

It cant be for the money. They are screwed ffp wise. Losing 3 million a month and owe 10 million. Morris even said the spending days are over and they need to use academy etc

His salary I mean not any funds available for spending. That's all he was interested in, more earnings than he was getting.

Salaray is included in FFP though too so surely they cant be paying him massive amounts

I wouldn't have thought Lampard's salary was an issue. He's probably got more disposable cash than Derby.

Im sure I read somewhere a few weeks ago that Ipswich wanted him but couldn't afford his salary. I watched his interview and he'll be bringing in a large backroom staff to help him, Jody Morris being his assistant who is the current Chelsea U18 manager I think.

No doubt he will get help in the loan market. For a team with not much to spend, quality loans could be the way forward which could explain his appointment. Why else would you hire someone with not only 0 managerial experience but only has UEFA B coaching badges. In comparisson Gerrard has UEFA A and Sol Campbell has the gold standard UEFA pro. I can only imagine Lampard has got this job based on his contacts book.