Sign in to follow this  
Ricknffc

derby collapse!

Yeah but they also have 6 players in loan from the premier league that would walk into any team in this league and certainly the lower half of the premier league plus have the bonus of a left back coming through and scoring 20 goals. Agree they are as a good a side that I have seen in the championship in years but that have had some luck. Look at mitrovic - that was a gamble that has massively worked

Yeah but they also have 6 players in loan from the premier league that would walk into any team in this league and certainly the lower half of the premier league plus have the bonus of a left back coming through and scoring 20 goals. Agree they are as a good a side that I have seen in the championship in years but that have had some luck. Look at mitrovic - that was a gamble that has massively worked

If Mitrovic came to Forest he'd probably be shite! 🙁

Sessengon is fucking brilliant. A 17 year old left back having wingers in his pocket all season and managing to bag nearly 20 goals as well in one of the most physically demanding leagues around is phenomenal.

17? Wow, I never realised he was that young. What a talent he is.

Fulham were brilliant in the 2nd half. Derby parked the bus yet still got outplayed and outclassed in every department

Intresting to see what happens with them over the summer!

It does make you wonder if someone like Arvin Appiah could react like that if thrown into our team - I doubt our fans woul give them a chance though!

Agree. Should be given a chance from what I've seen

It does make you wonder if someone like Arvin Appiah could react like that if thrown into our team

Probably like Brereton

Probably like Brereton

Exactly that though, fans have almost given up on him. Don't get me wrong he has missed some gilt-edged chances, but he is 19 years old leading the line by himself. He undoubtedly has talent but he cannot be expected to be a 20 goal a season striker playing up top by himself. I have probably just talked my way ou of giving young players a chance :thumbsup_still:

Exactly that though, fans have almost given up on him. Don't get me wrong he has missed some gilt-edged chances, but he is 19 years old leading the line by himself. He undoubtedly has talent but he cannot be expected to be a 20 goal a season striker playing up top by himself. I have probably just talked my way ou of giving young players a chance :thumbsup_still:

The problem Brereton has is he hasn't progressed any with first team football. He might just be a slow builder but youngsters often come on a bit quite quickly with a bit of first team football. Remember the state of the likes of Nigel and Des when they first got first team football but in not much time they looked very good. Evern Osborn looked twice the player after ten games.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

It doesn't help young players, or any players really, coming into the team that there's is no actual team structure or identity. For example Sessegnon has played under the same manager in roughly the same team, playing the same style for the whole of the last two years. Whereas for Brereton, the manager, his position and role in the team, the tactics, and the entire line-up that he finished this season with is totally different to the one that started it. Just like it was last year, and I'm guessing next year too. Really can't help a player's development when playing for Forest is the equivelant of joining a new club every six months.

Edited by Art Vandelay

I get where you're coming from Art but there's some basics he needs to improve on which watching Fulham last night mad it more obvious. For example, when a ball was pinged across the pitch at one of their players they controlled it and either turned and ran or passed to a team mate. When that happens to Brereton it hits him on the shin and bounces ten yards away. Not wanting to knock him here cause he could do well but he needs to raise his game.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

It does make you wonder if someone like Arvin Appiah could react like that if thrown into our team - I doubt our fans woul give them a chance though!

I remember Lascelles being written off as shite on here and it was claimed by some that we'd robbed Newcastle blind. He's not done badly.

The problem Brereton has is he hasn't progressed any with first team football. He might just be a slow builder but youngsters often come on a bit quite quickly with a bit of first team football. Remember the state of the likes of Nigel and Des when they first got first team football but in not much time they looked very good. Evern Osborn looked twice the player after ten games.

Marlon Harewood was dreadful for 2 years under David Platt. It wasn't until Harty got him playing next to David Johnson that he started to look like a footballer. Brereton is crying out for a more experienced strike partner. This one up front shite does the lad no favours whatsoever. Edited by A new man

I hope we buy Vydra

haha. Would be nice but not going to happen. We might get Vydros from the Olympiacos U-19 squad

Derby County Football Club can confirm that Gary Rowett has asked for permission to speak with Stoke City regarding the vacant manager’s position at the bet365 Stadium.

The club is now in discussion with Stoke regarding the matter and will update our supporters in due course.

their manager has thought its best to get out lol

Derby County Football Club can confirm that Gary Rowett has asked for permission to speak with Stoke City regarding the vacant manager’s position at the bet365 Stadium.

The club is now in discussion with Stoke regarding the matter and will update our supporters in due course.

their manager has thought its best to get out lol

Along with the fact he'll be on a much bigger salary at Stoke and with a much better chance of winning promotion.

Nice to see the sheep getting dismantled bit by bit and that egotistical snake fuck off for more money.

Odds quite short on the bread man taking over 🤣

Do they still give away tickets like they used to to to inflate the following. Hopefully theyll stop bankrolling that too and make it look even more threadbare.

Rowett appointed new Stoke manager.

I would have thought that one of the conditions of him taking the job is that funds would be available to buy Vydra from the sheep.

Fuck me, even we gonna finish above the sheep next season. :D :D :D

His Derby side were a proper shitey, niggly group full of spoilers so he will feel right at home at Stoke.

It seems Derbys gamble has begun to backfire on them. Their wage bill must be absolutely huge; theyve shelled out a few quid in transfers too and Vydra aside I cant see anyone coming in with serious money for any of their lot.

Hopefully we will have a great transfer window to further compound the joy at present. I hope they employ a proper shithouse next - the only name amongst the favourites who looks half decent is Dean Smith. The rest look like a bunch of no-hopers. I would give my left bollock for it to be Igor Stimac.

Edited by Danny

Derby owner feels pinch

Derby owner Mel Morris, who caused the Football League plenty of angst with his vocal criticisms of their TV rights strategy, is himself now feeling the pinch.

All departments at Derby, who are set to lose manager Gary Rowett to Stoke, have been told to make cuts with the Championship club said to be losing £3m a month and a £10m-plus financial fair play bill in the offing.

Departures reportedly will include operations director John Vicars and chief technical officer Stuart Fisher, and a number of academy staff.

The football budget will be slashed in a new austere regime.

Morris, who has got through six managers in three years and is facing a multi-million- pound High Court battle with former CEO Sam Rush, is said to be increasingly disillusioned with football club ownership.

A club spokesman claimed Morris was still fully committed to Derby and the near £2m in compensation for losing Rowett would help with the financial deficit.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5759041/Sky-Sports-plan-reduce-Thierry-Henrys-4m-year-pay-packet.html#ixzz5GL9AJXUs

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook