H-Block

Forest 2018/19 thread

Unless you reckon he just fluked turning a team in our position into a promotion team.

Not a fluke by any means but in their promotion season he spent in excess of £20 million on transfers. Thats ignoring any fees paid for loans. I doubt he will get anything like that sort of financial backing here.

Not a fluke by any means but in their promotion season he spent in excess of £20 million on transfers. Thats ignoring any fees paid for loans. I doubt he will get anything like that sort of financial backing here.

Sure but he was still up against teams who were spending similar and had come down. To me he seems more qualified than most other managers we've been through. I don't get the negativity towards a man who's been here a couple of months and came in when we were in free fall.

Even when Billy came in it was shit until he had the Summer to sort us.

Sure but he was still up against teams who were spending similar and had come down. To me he seems more qualified than most other managers we've been through. I don't get the negativity towards a man who's been here a couple of months and came in when we were in free fall.

Even when Billy came in it was shit until he had the Summer to sort us.

I cant speak for others but I have had all of the optimism regarding this club knocked out of me. Its been years of abject shite and, possibly worse, mediocrity. Nothing would make me happier than for Karanka to strap a rocket to us and get us if not promoted then seriously troubling the top 6 - I just cant see it happening.

The truth is none of us have any real clue what will happen this summer and beyond. The new owners have had a year to sort their shit out and understand the lay of the land so I expect the next few months to give us a fair idea of their ambitions for us.

I cant speak for others but I have had all of the optimism regarding this club knocked out of me. Its been years of abject shite and, possibly worse, mediocrity. Nothing would make me happier than for Karanka to strap a rocket to us and get us if not promoted then seriously troubling the top 6 - I just cant see it happening.

The truth is none of us have any real clue what will happen this summer and beyond. The new owners have had a year to sort their shit out and understand the lay of the land so I expect the next few months to give us a fair idea of their ambitions for us.

Fawaz certainly made me fuck it off towards the end but we've got a fresh start of sorts. Let's see where it goes.

Fawaz certainly made me fuck it off towards the end but we've got a fresh start of sorts. Let's see where it goes.

As fans, that's all we can do mate.

Karanka has definately split opinion amongst fans, as did previous appointments like Warburton, Montanier, Freedman, and Pearce. Some have even called for Karanka to be sacked already. It's crazy mate, but it does reflect the hunger for success, and the belly full of shite served up to them for years now.

Karanka needs a good window, and needs to hit the ground running next season. It would be nice if we, and the club, were all pulling in the same direction for once.

Even if Karanka doesn't hit the ground running he needs the full season unless we are doomed to relegation. Give him this summer, next January and next summer to build himself a proper squad.

I know this won't happen but that's what we should be doing IMO.

Didn't Karanka take two and a half years to get Boro up? Warnock must have had about the same amount of time at Cardiff. Karanka will have to be doing very well to get that long here.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

As I have said before 2 or 3 new managers a season along with their own idea of playing staff hasn't worked for 20 years and has left us with massively bloated squads full of sick notes. Whilst there will be times when I moan about Karanka - he has proven that he will cut the shit away from the squad and I just cant see what we have to lose now by sticking with him all next season

I definitely cannot see what manager we would get in if we did sack him - even a lower league manager would be a gamble and we might end up with someone like Bilic or Pardew because we are defiantly not a big draw anymore. We should have stuck with Colin when we had him here

Edited by E R

OK - So who's loan periods have ended?

Tomlin, does he go back.

Dowell - Is he injured or does AK not rate him?

Pantyliner - will we see him again.

Also which of the useless F'kers come back.

Loaned Players

Armand Traore
Thomas Lam
Jorge Grant
Ryan Yates
Jamie Ward
Gboly Ariyibi
Tyler Walker
Lewis Walters
Zach Clough

Stephen Henderson

Jason Cummings

With the exception of Grant - the lot of them can fuck off for starters

I'd stick with Grant and Walker, Jamie, and as you say, the rest of them can fuck off.

I dont think Tyler will make it mate as can never see him being a front man. I have never even heard of Lewis Walters so reserve judgment on him but there is some rubbish in that list.

Traore always looked ok to me but he must have had a falling out

I dont think Tyler will make it mate as can never see him being a front man. I have never even heard of Lewis Walters so reserve judgment on him but there is some rubbish in that list.

Traore always looked ok to me but he must have had a falling out

Traore must have attitude issues mate. 5 seaons at QPR and played just 60 odd games. Ended up sat on his arse seeing out his contract.

He's a bad penny that you don't need around your club.

I've just looked at the stats of the players Karanka loaned out in January to see if they have made an impact at their loan clubs.

The short answer is no :upsidedown:

Henderson - 1 start then got injured.

Ward, 2 starts, 2 sub appearances, picked up an injury along the way, no goals.

Traore, 3 starts, 1 sub, 1 goal. Seemed to make a good first impact then faded away. Not sure if it was injury or a personality clash?

Clough. 2 Starts. 7 subs. 1 goal.

Walker. 3 Starts. 2 Subs. 0 goals.

Cummings (league only) - 5 starts, 8 subs, 2 goals.

Ariyibi. 3 starts. 9 subs. 0 goals. Relegated.

Honourable mentions to Lam, Grant and Yates who sound like they have excelled at their clubs but have been there all season. They could perhaps get back into the first team for next season.

Ryan Yates seems to have done himself plenty of favours with his two loan spells this season - both Notts and Scunthorpe fans spea very highly of him. Not sure he will get a chance back with us next season. and I guess we would hope to have some more experienced midfielders rather than relying on a novice. However, if we are looking at the likes of Marney, I would rather give the boy a go.

I'd rather Yates got a chance, and I mean a proper run of games, than giving daft wages to another 30 something journeyman. So far, he's stepped up to every challenge and shown he has the temperament to deal with them.

What I can't work out is how come Clough went from Bolton's main man to being complete shit here and then on his return to Bolton shortly after leaving turned into just a sub for them? Where did it all go wrong?

Yates too? I thought he was held in higher regard than Grant

I've just looked at the stats of the players Karanka loaned out in January to see if they have made an impact at their loan clubs.

The short answer is no :upsidedown:

Henderson - 1 start then got injured.

Ward, 2 starts, 2 sub appearances, picked up an injury along the way, no goals.

Traore, 3 starts, 1 sub, 1 goal. Seemed to make a good first impact then faded away. Not sure if it was injury or a personality clash?

Clough. 2 Starts. 7 subs. 1 goal.

Walker. 3 Starts. 2 Subs. 0 goals.

Cummings (league only) - 5 starts, 8 subs, 2 goals.

Ariyibi. 3 starts. 9 subs. 0 goals. Relegated.

Honourable mentions to Lam, Grant and Yates who sound like they have excelled at their clubs but have been there all season. They could perhaps get back into the first team for next season.

None have done very well but those who haven't been given a chance with us yet surely deserve that before they can truly be judged.

Yes Northampton got relegated but that can't be blamed on one player, look at Butland & Stoke, was it his fault they went down? He'll be in the World Cup squad as a relegated player doesn't mean Ariyibi isn't good enough for us maybe he just had ten worse players to carry? He deserves the chance to impress as does Yates & Grant but the others have had their chance and deserve to be got rid.

Yates too? I thought he was held in higher regard than Grant

Apologies I missed his name although I have never seen him

None have done very well but those who haven't been given a chance with us yet surely deserve that before they can truly be judged.

Yes Northampton got relegated but that can't be blamed on one player, look at Butland & Stoke, was it his fault they went down? He'll be in the World Cup squad as a relegated player doesn't mean Ariyibi isn't good enough for us maybe he just had ten worse players to carry? He deserves the chance to impress as does Yates & Grant but the others have had their chance and deserve to be got rid

Ariyibi has actually been relegated twice this season. He spent the first half of the season at MK Dons (who for whatever reason didn't seem to rate him) too. Sounds like a real diamond in the rough ;)

You're right, he could turn out to be a different player for us, but I think its more likely he will go down in forest history with the likes of David Tarka and Adam Nowland.

Ariyibi has actually been relegated twice this season. He spent the first half of the season at MK Dons (who for whatever reason didn't seem to rate him) too. Sounds like a real diamond in the rough ;)

You're right, he could turn out to be a different player for us, but I think its more likely he will go down in forest history with the likes of David Tarka and Adam Nowland.

Another point, he was posted back to us from clubs in the division below us who were both eventually relegated. I've got a feeling he's a 4th Division player.

Another point, he was posted back to us from clubs in the division below us who were both eventually relegated. I've got a feeling he's a 4th Division player.

Didn't we pay over a million for him Chaz?

Didn't we pay over a million for him Chaz?

God knows, I'm out of the loop on transfers. I have a vague recollection it was a quater of a million but like I say, that could be bollocks.