Sign in to follow this  
E R

No better than under Fawaz - another shit year - Bolton v Forest zzzzzzzz

I expect us to do well next season as long as we have a proper striker or two. It doesn't matter who the manager is if the players on the pitch can't do the basics. The whole point of appointing someone like Karanka is that he's shown he knows how to put together a team that can challenge. He just needs to replicate here what he did at Boro.

That spell of three goals or whatever it was in 14 games has killed any passion I had left for going. I spent over a grand going to them matches and for what? Its like having an alcoholic family member, you try your hardest to support them but then you just got a point where you think fuck it, they are a lost cause, its self inflicted and the cycle will continue and Ill be in exactly the same place this time next year. I had a ticket for the last game and Cohens goodbye but didnt go, I couldnt even be arsed for that and Im quite a sentimental fucker for that sort of thing.

Its too expensive now to blindly support and nothing I saw of Karanka at Boro or since he got here has made me think that it will ever be worth spending £30 to watch or to get up at 6am on a Saturday and say bye to my daughter knowing Ill be back after shes gone to bed so I wont see her all day just to travel somewhere and watch us defend, score and then defend some more or worse defend, concede and keep defending. Its just so fucking boring.

Whilst I'd like to see Karanka given a full season, I do think these were good points very well put.

Agree, good points there, especially the one about being missing from your kids all day while you follow Forest on the road. The problem with the Championship is that it`s one hell-hole of a league to compete in. Look at the three who came down last season - Sunderland, Hull and M`boro - and how they fared out.

There isn`t a huge difference in standard among Championship players.The key difference is finding a manager who can make that group hungry and competitive for an entire season. This can take time, even a couple of seasons, but that logic doesn`t apply in this division. If a new manager doesn`t hit the ground running and string a few wins together, he`s already under scrutiny from the fans.

Karanka has unfinished business after his career went tits up in the premier with M`boro. I`m hoping he`ll have learnt from that. As a player, he was a decent centre-back at Athletic Bilbao before moving to Real Madrid, so his management focus was primarily on keeping clean sheets. M`boro had the 5th best defence in the premier during Karanka`s time there, but worryingly for us lot, he had the worst attack with 19 goals from 27 league games.

He got M`boro promoted and I`m sure he was well backed by Gibson on the budget front. But that negative style of play is old hat and I`m sure Karanka now realises that attack is just as important as defence. I`m happy enough to have him in charge next season and I`m confident he`ll have us competing top half and hopefully around the play-off zone.

Forest 3/1 on sky bet to beat Bolton. Bolton are favourites. Don't usually put money on forest but gona have a little dabble today. I think if we play like we did against Bristol last week we will find the net today.

Remember its only a year since Fawaz fucked off leaving the club in a mess. No mention of the 40mil debt write off and the improved FFP position. Summer transfers will tell us far more than anything that has happened so far. Im staying optimistic.

Another loss - we lost the same amount as 2 of the relegated teams

Thank god that is over

Well thank fuck that is over with. Another shite season out the way. Ive been to less matches than I have in years and thats because Ive pretty much had my fill of the general malaise surrounding the club. Hopefully we will fuck off some of the many duds clogging up the squad and freshen things up a bit. Hopefully. My expectation is that Karanka will be out the door come January 19.

My expectation is that Karanka will be out the door come January 19.

Thats the spirit.. fucking hell glad we didnt have you on the front line..

For whats its worth Im not sure Karanka is the man for us but Ive had a great time going home and away mainly for the beer and getting away from the wife but lets try and be positive for a couple of minutes eh just for the hell of it 😬🙄

Thats the spirit.. fucking hell glad we didnt have you on the front line..

For whats its worth Im not sure Karanka is the man for us but Ive had a great time going home and away mainly for the beer and getting away from the wife but lets try and be positive for a couple of minutes eh just for the hell of it 😬🙄

Why do you think Karanka will do any better than the raft of others that have come before? What have you seen since January which encourages you to be optimistic?

Dont get me wrong, I would love it if we finally started making progress on the pitch next season and can start to look up the table rather than down. The trouble is that I have not seen anything to make me think Karanka is the man to sort things out. That isnt necessarily a reflection on him - plenty of managers have come and gone and achieved very little at this club.

Why do you think Karanka will do any better than the raft of others that have come before? What have you seen since January which encourages you to be optimistic?

Dont get me wrong, I would love it if we finally started making progress on the pitch next season and can start to look up the table rather than down. The trouble is that I have not seen anything to make me think Karanka is the man to sort things out. That isnt necessarily a reflection on him - plenty of managers have come and gone and achieved very little at this club.

I havent seen anything to suggest he will do any better, I did say Im not sure hes the man.. this club is crying out for stability and your right I havent seen much from Karanka yet to suggest he can turn it around to challenge next season.

What was Karanka remit when he came in.. we were in free fall and to stop the rot ? While I think he should have got better results we havent and I for one am willing to see what next season brings with what will be Karanka players and squad.. whats the option get rid now and start this draining process all over again.

My only wish is that we start and finish with Karanka next season.. its worked so well these last few years sacking managers what do we have to lose ? Karanka has proved in the past hes a good manager so lets see what happens.

The season finished yesterday lets be thankful after another season of dross we will start season on zero points along with 23 other teams and we can have hope of what we can achieve next season.

The season finished yesterday lets be thankful after another season of dross we will start season on zero points along with 23 other teams and we can have hope of what we can achieve next season.

Great line Ian, exactly how I feel at the start of every season. I just hope that feeling can go beyond November next season.

At least we are going into the new season with a manager who has had nearly half a season at the club, and has had time to work out what he, and the club, need in the Summer.

Like Danny, I'm not overly keen on Karanka, but I honestly do want him to succeed at the club. Success for him means success for us, and keeps our interest from August till May.

At the moment, I think what Karanka has done off the pitch has been more impressive than what he's done on it. Hopefully, next season should see it all come together.

I would've packed it in by now if i didn't feel the pre-season/early season hope.

However, I heard a really depressing stat the other day. Only 4 times so far this century have we managed a top 10 finish in the championship. Once under Harty and three times under Billy. I hadn't realised it'd been that consistently grim!🙁

That is once in just over every 4 years - so we must be due one

sounds better that way ha ha

Edited by E R

Dane's just shitting it 'cause his personal clock is going tick tock. I reckon he expects to croak before each season's out.

And the poor old sod's now another year older. Happy Birthday DB :party:

240_F_106199549_Ezys9tmIjRwA06cHKxdwwEKh

Edited by Art Vandelay

You have to take into account that the thread starter was Jamie ( ER ) and he knows fuck all about football . :smile_anim: :smile_anim: :smile_anim: :thumbsup_still:

True. Then again regarding fawaz. ..It was only me and lilv that knew the apple about that slimy ARAB.