The definition of insanity is, doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again, expecting shit to change, so let’s try and stick with a manager for a change.

... or would you really prefer someone like Keane, MoN or Hughes at the helm? IMHO that would be beyond insanity!

12 minutes ago, Danish Red said:

The definition of insanity is, doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again, expecting shit to change, so let’s try and stick with a manager for a change.

... or would you really prefer someone like Keane, MoN or Hughes at the helm? IMHO that would be beyond insanity!

Is anyone agitating for the likes of those you’ve listed?

Nobody knows who we would end up with if Karanka is sacked ... just a few available journeymen listed. We could also get someone exciting in ... who knows what the Greek would do. For me, Karanka will do for now. 

58 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is anyone agitating for the likes of those you’ve listed?

Not on here but Twatter isn’t short of folks calling for those clowns. Even Big Sam has had a shout, so has agent Clough. There are even folk calling for Billy’s third mad spell.

Well maranakis doesn't fuck about does he.  Olympiacos have had 20 odd managers since 2010 when he bought the club, even though up until last year they have won the title every year since 2010. 

Looks like the only way to save your job in Greece is to win the league and the champions League in one season..

how the fuck is kranks still in a job under this ruthless twat... 

I have seen us linked with Canadi and Jokanovic - none of the old journeyman thankfully 

Canadi's contract ends in the summer, so I reckon we'd stick with karanka for the rest of the season if Marinakis is looking to replace him with Canadi. 

I see Steve Bruce has got the Sheff Wed job - how utterly underwhelming that must be for their fans 

16 minutes ago, E R said:

I see Steve Bruce has got the Sheff Wed job - how utterly underwhelming that must be for their fans 

Majority seem happy

Im about 60-40 in favour of getting rid but it is a tough one.

My concerns are that as it stands I can't see Karanka getting us promoted this season. There are just too many limitations with his style of football.

That is not to say he couldnt get us promoted in 2020 with a few more big money aquisitions. So if you are comfortable with waiting another year then I do see the value in some stability.

The second issue is that if we do go up under Karanka (say in 2020) then his brand of football would probably see us get relegated at the first attempt. The reality is that it is light years behind most sides in the PL.

It's a tough decision, I wouldn't want to make it but I just have a feeling at the back of my mind which says that we should take a risk. We have a fine squad. If a new manager comes in and gives the dressing room a boost then who knows what we can do. I don't see a Karanka team winning 5+ on a spin but that's what we need.

Of course the danger is that we appoint a foreign manager not cut out for the league and we're in the same position next January!

Edited by Daz

7 minutes ago, Daz said:

Im about 60-40 in favour of getting rid but it is a tough one.

My concerns are that as it stands I can't see Karanka getting us promoted this season. There are just too many limitations with his style of football.

That is not to say he couldnt get us promoted in 2020 with a few more big money aquisitions. So if you are comfortable with waiting another year then I do see the value in some stability.

The second issue is that if we do go up under Karanka (say in 2020) then his brand of football would probably see us get relegated at the first attempt. The reality is that it is light years behind most sides in the PL.

It's a tough decision, I wouldn't want to make it but I just have a feeling at the back of my mind which says that we should take a risk. We have a fine squad. If a new manager comes in and gives the dressing room a boost then who knows what we can do. I don't see a Karanka team winning 5+ on a spin but that's what we need.

Of course the danger is that we appoint a foreign manager not cut out for the league and we're in the same position next January!

If there is ever any doubt then you should stick at it. 

Karanka frustrates a lot of people on here but the majority of fans are behind him and I for one don't see the point in throwing in the towel at January. 

Lets give a manager at least 1 full season before we judge him. 

When I watched the Leeds game I shouted at the TV so many times when we were 2-1 down and said to my father in law "I don't know why he doesn't bring on a rapid young striker and go two up top, we are playing 10 men" but what the fuck do I know? 4-2 win end of. 

If there is a chance of us going up either this year or more so next then we have to stick. Let's worry about staying up in the prem when we actually get there. And even if we did get relegated at the first attempt at least we might be able to turn into a club like Boro/ villa/ Leicester (before they won the prem) where you  have a chance of ping ponging between the 2 leagues and aren't stuck outside the prem for 20 odd years.

In terms of fan frustration, there's always the idea that doing something different WOULD get better results and there's never any certainty in that.  Unless you're winning every game in emphatic style there's always this notion that the manager has done something to cause a game to go wrong.  It's a strange way of thinking that means you'll always be cross with the manager no matter what happens.

With football, you have opponents who don't like to just let you win and you have footballers who might have an off day or two or might not be as good as we think they are.  That's aside of all the usual true cliches about building a winning team taking time. 

Yea Chaz, it's football simple, some teams have to win, some teams have to draw and some have to lose. W have been a drawing/ losing team over past years and just when we look like we could be turning Into a winning/ drawing team why should we change it hastily?

• Upvote 1

bye bye 

Nottingham Forest FC

·
5m

Club statement. Aitor Karanka has asked to be released from his contract as the manager of Nottingham Forest Football Club.