1 hour ago, darcy said:

On the point of the fact hes been here 8 months and only won 6 in 26, I feel that is a little harsh considering when he took over we looked like we were going to go down and were shipping 3-4 a game. He stopped that and then got us playing and winning the games we needed to in order to stay in the league 

Again, this perception, or should I say mis-perception amazes me.

After bringing in just about a new team in January, we were actually worse, points per game, than under Warburton.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Again, this perception, or should I say mis-perception amazes me.

After bringing in just about a new team in January, we were actually worse, points per game, than under Warburton.

I dont think some fans would be happy unless we won 10 in a row with a new manager and scored 5+ a game. Although knowing some I am sure they would moan that the goals are just tap ins 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, darcy said:

I dont think some fans would be happy unless we won 10 in a row with a new manager and scored 5+ a game. Although knowing some I am sure they would moan that the goals are just tap ins 🙄

Facts are facts. We have not got better under Karanka. That is a fact outlined by cold hard points on the board.

Another fact is that the club has spent an absolute fortune. Probably over £30m if you include January's window. 

An opinion is that the football we play is not good and not better than it was previously. That is an opinion I happen to hold.

13 minutes ago, Savo said:

Facts are facts. We have not got better under Karanka. That is a fact outlined by cold hard points on the board.

Another fact is that the club has spent an absolute fortune. Probably over £30m if you include January's window. 

An opinion is that the football we play is not good and not better than it was previously. That is an opinion I happen to hold.

Savo, I only ever seem to see you moan 😂

19 minutes ago, darcy said:

Savo, I only ever seem to see you moan 😂

I'm genuinely not this miserable in real life. :lol:

Forest just bring it out of me...my old man has a lot to answer for introducing me to a lifetime of pain when I was about 6.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Savo said:

I'm genuinely not this miserable in real life. :lol:

Forest just bring it out of me...my old man has a lot to answer for introducing me to a lifetime of pain when I was about 6.

ha ha , my wife said my boy has to decide if he wants to support Forest on his own. To which I have said he has this or Pompey?!

Albeit at the moment its a coin flip 😄 

Lads, we’re 5 matches in to a 46 game season. By no means am I Karanka’s biggest fan but let’s see what he can do now he’s had two transfer windows to shape the squad.

Glass half full: we’re unbeaten in 5 league matches so far 

Glass half empty: we’ve only won 1 of 5 league matches so far

Personally I wish he’d let us off the leash a bit more. We’re showing signs of becoming a very good side but we could and perhaps should take more risks. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Danny said:

Personally I wish he’d let us off the leash a bit more. We’re showing signs of becoming a very good side but we could and perhaps should take more risks. 

That’s exactly it, Danny. The purchase of quality attackers while playing two def mids & one striker is like buying a Ferrari and driving with the handbrake on out of caution.

15 minutes ago, durham red said:

That’s exactly it, Danny. The purchase of quality attackers while playing two def mids & one striker is like buying a Ferrari and driving with the handbrake on out of caution.

Not's not possible durham 😙 the handbrake is electric 

Edited by darcy

Unbeaten In 11 now if you count pre-season friendlies - imagine the fucking bread man ever achieving that stat 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Dane B said:

Karanka has been here for nearly 8 months now.

Nigh on £30m spent in this window, one win in five, totally outplayed by Brum at home for 75 minutes? Of course he's going to say that it needs to improve quickly. Thing is mate, it won't. He only knows one way to play football, and unfortunately for him, the other 23 managers in this league know that too.

A good start towards improvement would be him playing a more attacking formation against Newcastle, but it won't happen Darcy. Even against Bury at 0-1 down and the keeper sent off, he took off an attacking player and kept his two precious DM's on the pitch.

6 wins in 26, and you all think Karanka is going to miraculously turn it around? I need to buy myself a pair of those rose tinted specs.

did he play a more attacking line up against newcastle and a more attacking mentality dane? I think so yeah.. To be honest im sick to death of people calling for managers head if we aren't in a top 6 position all season. I dont really gives shit about his less than 25% winning record at the moment, i dont really give a shit about his 7 wins in 27 games or whatever it is. He has put together what i think is a competent- decent team for this division. They need time to click together competitively. 27 games is not a long time to turn a t team around when you adopted a team that was flailing at the bottom of the championship, add to that a host of new faces brought in to try and change our fortunes.

we are unbeaten , yes we have drawn 4 and we have started poorly in the majority of games so far this season, however we have fought back and claimed draws on them occasions. Yes in an ideal world if we hadn't made such bad starts then we probably could have turned a couple of those draws to wins.the last thing we need is a new sodding manager. Will we only be happy when a manager comes in and wins his first 5 games on he bounce??

What happened to that new found optimism? What happened to them 21,000 season ticket holders wanting to support the club they love with the biggest sense of unity for years? After 5 games and an unbeaten start its gone? Well dont bother turning up then, if you don't want to be there for the worst of times, dont expect to be there for the best of times.

Edited by Ricknffc

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, Savo said:

but we have got better savo, we haven't got relegated for a start which is something that we scraped away with by the skin of our teeth with warburton and even then i wasn't anti Warburton last season. Karanka kept us further from the drop last season and has assembled a better squad that looked promising pre season, is unbeaten so far this season and at times have shown glimpses of what we are capable of. Come the end of the season we will be in the top 10 guaranteed which will be a big step in the right direction.. Unless we sack our manager that is and we will end up being back in the utter shit we have been used to since what seems like forever

Edited by Ricknffc

You are indeed and I agree to a large extent however if Karanka does fail it will be down to the fact he is a one trick pony and every decent manager will work out we are basically playing 7 in defence regardless of who we play and whether it is home or away. I personally think that a good manager should always have a plan B but Aitor refuses to ever compromise on his set up and that is to his detriment. Anyway it will all come down to Maranakis and if he doesn’t think Karanka is the man to take the club forward at Christmas then we all know he is not slow to pull the trigger especially after the amount of backing he has given him

Edited by E R

46 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

but we have got better savo, we haven't got relegated for a start which is something that we scraped away with by the skin of our teeth with warburton and even then i wasn't anti Warburton last season. Karanka kept us further from the drop last season

Hmmm. I'm going to have to get involved here. When Warburton took over we were one point clear of the bottom three, had 9 games left and were among the favourites for relegation. When Karanka took over we were in midtable with nearly half the season remaining and were a 50/1 shot to be relegated.

I think to even talk about sacking Karanka at this point is stupid but let's not distort the facts to pretend Warburton was crap and Karanka's great when the reality is they've been about the same.

• Upvote 1

im not saying Karanka is a saviour, Warburton had a philosophy of playing which i think we still see in our players, he wanted us to pass the ball at all costs, yes it got us in a lot of trouble at times but we can still see some benefits from Warburton today, fox for example has his confidence back on the ball, his range of passing is great and always wants the ball at the back none of our players panic with the ball even though we might at times watching them. Karanka deserves a fair crack of the whip and if we are to ever get up this league and into the prem it is going to be a project not an over night fix

stats and points only matter come the end of the season, long way to go and there are plenty of points that we will pick up. As one Scottish man used to say ' there are lots  ee twists, lots ee turns' and grabban hasn't even scored yet so just think about when he does... If he does... Which he will

Just four points off top six beating the league leaders.

What's everyone's opinion. Keep or sack??

Edited by Oldbighead

Sack - we were piss poor save for Colbeck and Murphy and whilst I am happy with the result it is a false dawn

lets see if we are all wanking each other off after Reading 

Edited by E R

1 hour ago, Oldbighead said:

Just four points off top six beating the league leaders.

What's everyone's opinion. Keep or sack??

Heart says sack, head says we need our transfer policy needs sorting first. We won’t go up signing freebies and Olympiacos cast offs.  

Edited by Thommo

He should be sacked for signing Pantilimon. Useless lump of a goalkeeper. 

As always Forest fans and owners are far removed from reality.  To sack him now would be beyond idiotic. 

Especially when the rumoured replacement is some Greek.  You know where it's heading if that happens.