I must admit, i'm turning. Two defensive midfielders and sticking to one striker. He's not flexible enough. I'm not judging him on last seasons results, or his time in the prem with boro, but we are too inflexible and defensive. 

Don't get me started on Brereton. 

11 hours ago, sandnes1985 said:

If Brereton is sold for next to nothing and we keep drawing games, we should fuck that horrible spaniard off. He´s signed 25 players or something since january, and we still don´t look improved. And on top of that our talented youngsters aren´t even on the bench, apart from Cash. The only thing that has «improved» is our giant squad, wage bill and transfer fee total. Karanka now has absolutely NO ACCEPTABLE EXCUSES - he has gotten everything he wanted, and has soon been here as long as Warburton. If we aren´t winning most games by October, he has been a horrible mistake at the heights of Megson and David Platt. 

Smith, Worrall and Brereton were all getting dogs abuse not long ago and now we are using them 3 not on the bench as a reason to have a pop at Karanka, he can't win either way 😂

• Haha 1

My point last season regarding Brereton was he shouldn’t  be the main man at this point in his career, however I did think he had a part to play this season. The potential is there for all to see, look how he tore Arsenal a new one last season, he would be a great option from the bench to make an impact.

I don’t get why we would look to sell him at this point in his career, to me it doesn’t make sense but obviously there are plans in place to bring in a replacement - no doubt on bigger wages!

1 hour ago, rob_johnstoneuk said:

My point last season regarding Brereton was he shouldn’t  be the main man at this point in his career, however I did think he had a part to play this season. The potential is there for all to see, look how he tore Arsenal a new one last season, he would be a great option from the bench to make an impact.

I don’t get why we would look to sell him at this point in his career, to me it doesn’t make sense but obviously there are plans in place to bring in a replacement - no doubt on bigger wages!

Same goes for Worrall, thought he'd be the understudy to Dawson, yet we're looking for a big fee from Bristol.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:05 PM, legs_akimbo said:

Nolan available, he’s a better record in Nottingham than Kranky I bet 

paper lace have too...lol

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, GupiRed2 said:

Smith, Worrall and Brereton were all getting dogs abuse not long ago and now we are using them 3 not on the bench as a reason to have a pop at Karanka, he can't win either way 😂

I have never argued they should be dropped - I've always been a fan of playing young talented players ahead of faded "stars", hasbeens or neverwas. 

Also, for me its not as much about results - Karankas defensive and destructive style of play is the Main reason I want him out (and never wanted Warbs sacked and Karanka in in the frist place). And when we are't even gjetting results either, on top of lousy play, its devastating to watch. 

Edited by sandnes1985
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know how to cut and paste a table from a wickipedia site but an alarming statistic I saw someone put up on FBook yesterday was Krankies win percentage at 25%.

in the whole history of the club from 1897 and the very first Manager ever, only Steve McLaren has a lower win percentage, if you take into account Managers who have taken charge of more than ten games.

Only those with ten or less games fare worse, Alex McLeish, Paul Williams and Gary Brazil.

This laddo’s shaping up to be the worst Manager in the history of Nottingham Forest for winning games of football. Shocking huh ?

57 minutes ago, sandnes1985 said:

I have never argued they should be dropped - I've always been a fan of playing young talented players ahead of faded "stars", hasbeens or neverwas. 

Also, for me its not as much about results - Karankas defensive and destructive style of play is the Main reason I want him out (and never wanted Warbs sacked and Karanka in in the frist place). And when we are't even gjetting results either, on top of lousy play, its devastating to watch. 

I wasn't referring to you in particular, just people on twitter and even in the stands at times last season.

Actually, after Brum Saturday, Krankies win % dipped below that of McLaren so he’s currently holding the honour of worst manager in history for win percentage over ten games. 

Yeah yeah I know I’m being dramatic but unless things improve sharpish with the best and most expensively assembled squad in donkeys, those stats will be his epitaph. Nowt dramatic in that if it comes to pass.

1 hour ago, legs_akimbo said:

Actually, after Brum Saturday, Krankies win % dipped below that of McLaren so he’s currently holding the honour of worst manager in history for win percentage over ten games. 

Yeah yeah I know I’m being dramatic but unless things improve sharpish with the best and most expensively assembled squad in donkeys, those stats will be his epitaph. Nowt dramatic in that if it comes to pass.

He'll be gone by the end of the year legs.

I fucking hate the Scousers, I really do, but we could learn a lot from them.  If things don't go right they're always behind their team no matter what and it means they never fall far from the top.  Us lot are an embarassment, bitching and whining within a week of the season starting.  We must have the most embarassing fans in the country, thank fuck we don't have Forest TV, even Arsenal fans would piss themselves at us.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I fucking hate the Scousers, I really do, but we could learn a lot from them.  If things don't go right they're always behind their team no matter what and it means they never fall far from the top.  Us lot are an embarassment, bitching and whining within a week of the season starting.  We must have the most embarassing fans in the country, thank fuck we don't have Forest TV, even Arsenal fans would piss themselves at us.

And how do you think the Liverpool  fans would react to being in the Championship and League One for past 20 years Chaz? They'd be just like us mate.

How would they be if Liverpool employed the clueless Megson, and some of the other trash we've employed over the past 20 years? It's easy to get behind your club when you are a top 6 Prem outfit, spending £300m in the past two years and being in the Champions League. Different story when you're the wrong end of the Championship year in year out

9 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Wasn’t that long ago they were wishing cancer on Karius.

6 minutes ago, nottmred said:

Wasn’t that long ago they were wishing cancer on Karius.

Yep. I don't think I've ever heard vile like that from Forest fans, Luke.

16 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Tell that to Roy Hodgson. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dane B said:

He'll be gone by the end of the year legs.

If this muck is what he's dishing up he won't see out September. 

I'm torn on this as we cannot keep changing the manager, we get the same result time and time again.

However, it's been dross

I’m fucking amazed that people want to change the manager (again) 

yes things are not perfect but we are unbeaten and showing a fighting spirit and signs of something decent. 

The first 80 mins against wba was what looks to be the makings of a decent team, let’s just give the man who has a proven track record a chance! 

I for one wouldn’t play the way we do but who are we to say that long term it won’t work? 

I would like to see where we are at and how we are playing after 20+ games not 5....

That was a woeful result on Saturday. Brummie had a midweek game and just a few days to recover. Forest had the whole week to prepare for what should have been a winnable game. 

We have some very good players in our squad but we`re not yet playing as a cohesive team. This must be the last chance saloon for Karanka in English football after splashing so much of the owner`s money and anything short of a Top 6 finish will be viewed as a failure. Look at Neil Harris last season working off scraps at Millwall, or even Warnock at Cardiff. We`re only one-ninth of the way into the season and I`d prefer to wait till at least mid November before deciding on how good (or bad) Karanka is as a manager.   

8 hours ago, darcy said:

I’m fucking amazed that people want to change the manager (again) 

I'm fucking amazed that people want to keep this stiff at the club Darcy. 6 wins in 26 games tells it's own story. As do the boos ringing out around the CG at half time against Brum.

I personally know quite a few people who have had enough of him already, there's even a growing list on Social Media sites who want him out.

I just don't see where the improvement will come from if he persists with his woeful defensive approach. 

Next two games are crucial for Karanka, Brentford and Swansea away, although not easy games, could determine his future at the club.

35 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I'm fucking amazed that people want to keep this stiff at the club Darcy. 6 wins in 26 games tells it's own story. As do the boos ringing out around the CG at half time against Brum.

I personally know quite a few people who have had enough of him already, there's even a growing list on Social Media sites who want him out.

I just don't see where the improvement will come from if he persists with his woeful defensive approach. 

Next two games are crucial for Karanka, Brentford and Swansea away, although not easy games, could determine his future at the club.

I think we need to start being realistic and give a manager longer than 6 months to show us what we can make us. With all the new additions it was never going to gel instantly so lets see what happens after 20 odd games rather than kicking out a manager who hasn't lost a game all season. Yes the football at times is horrible to watch and frustrating but he himself has said we need to be better and that it needs to improve quickly, so from that front i would take it he knows it has to change rather than blaming others. 

11 minutes ago, darcy said:

I think we need to start being realistic and give a manager longer than 6 months to show us what we can make us. With all the new additions it was never going to gel instantly so lets see what happens after 20 odd games rather than kicking out a manager who hasn't lost a game all season. Yes the football at times is horrible to watch and frustrating but he himself has said we need to be better and that it needs to improve quickly, so from that front i would take it he knows it has to change rather than blaming others. 

Karanka has been here for nearly 8 months now.

Nigh on £30m spent in this window, one win in five, totally outplayed by Brum at home for 75 minutes? Of course he's going to say that it needs to improve quickly. Thing is mate, it won't. He only knows one way to play football, and unfortunately for him, the other 23 managers in this league know that too.

A good start towards improvement would be him playing a more attacking formation against Newcastle, but it won't happen Darcy. Even against Bury at 0-1 down and the keeper sent off, he took off an attacking player and kept his two precious DM's on the pitch.

6 wins in 26, and you all think Karanka is going to miraculously turn it around? I need to buy myself a pair of those rose tinted specs.

Our fans would have had both Wolves' and Fulham's managers out before they started winning last season.

As Brian Clough said, the trouble with the people of Nottingham is they want everything yesterday.  Talking of Brian, didn't he take a couple of years to get us up?  Our modern day fans would have had him out before he had a chance to turn the shit ship Nottingham Forest around, 100% Certain.

And don't get me started on Frank Clark's start to his first season here...

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

20 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Karanka has been here for nearly 8 months now.

Nigh on £30m spent in this window, one win in five, totally outplayed by Brum at home for 75 minutes? Of course he's going to say that it needs to improve quickly. Thing is mate, it won't. He only knows one way to play football, and unfortunately for him, the other 23 managers in this league know that too.

A good start towards improvement would be him playing a more attacking formation against Newcastle, but it won't happen Darcy. Even against Bury at 0-1 down and the keeper sent off, he took off an attacking player and kept his two precious DM's on the pitch.

6 wins in 26, and you all think Karanka is going to miraculously turn it around? I need to buy myself a pair of those rose tinted specs.

Hes spent nearer £20m and now with Brereton gone his net spend is around £10m but I understand you would be annoyed at all the money spent without instant results. 

Obviously he wants to play the way he feels is right whether he as a manager believes he has to change only time will tell but after 5 games into a season I don't see the need to start panic stations just yet. 

On the point of the fact hes been here 8 months and only won 6 in 26, I feel that is a little harsh considering when he took over we looked like we were going to go down and were shipping 3-4 a game. He stopped that and then got us playing and winning the games we needed to in order to stay in the league so to judge him based on last year would be unfair and completely irrelevant in my eyes. 

He has been well backed in this window I don't deny that but I believe things will start to click and he will get us playing in the right manner needed to success this season, I might be hoping for to much or indeed look back and think I got it all wrong but for now I want to give a manager a full season for a change and see what we can do given some much needed stability.   

• Upvote 1