I know you're just making conversation Dane but you'd have to be completely deranged to think the managers have been or are the problem here.

Get to the Summer, get shot of who needs getting shot of and bring in what's needed then discuss.

We say everytime we get a manager that they have to sort the player situation out here and none of the fuckers come close to trying, mostly because they're managing with both hands tied behind their backs. If this one is willing to give it a go good on him. If he's successful it'll make a change not having to watch our players down tools two or three times a year.

There was a story about a young talented player at WBA who was tipped to be a star player. He once dared to question Megson's tactics during a training session, and he never appeared in a Baggies shirt again after that.

Would you class that player as being disruptive, or just pointing out to the manager that there are different ways to play a game that suit the players better?

Think each manager is different, some might listen, some might even experiment with it in training but some will just tell the player

"I'm the manager and I know best" ala Cloughie but imo it's not being as disruptive as players threatening to leave a club unless they get the pay increase they think they deserve, then getting it, wouldn't that piss team mates off more? It would for me.

Only because of the points amassed before he came here Gupi. We are actually a worse team under Karanka. He halted our slide so well that we broke the club record for not scoring. And that feat cost us God knows how many millions on players in January.

I just don't understand how anyone can think that Karanka can turn things around. He is the closest thing we have had to Gary Megson, and he will only take us one way.

I agree that sacking managers gets us nowhere, but as Legs says, it's not sacking managers that's our problem, it's appointing the shite in the first place that is the issue.

He will spend money in the Summer, and if Dawson is the level of his proposed signings, then he is fucked. He will get sacked. We will appoint another manager to take over a bunch of players that he doesn't want, or who aren't good enough, and the whole merry go round starts over again.

I honestly don't think that a manager who's team can fail to score in 11 of 15 games can turn us into anything but relegation fodder the following season. I'm amazed that anyone on here can be as blind as to think any different.

But hey ho, that's just my opinion. Let him spunk millions away in the Summer and see what happens.

Im not sure we are. I remember Warbs last 2 games losing 3-0 at home to managerless and injury ridden Sheff Weds and then probably even worse 1-0 to Sunderland. There was no plan B under Warbs, we didn't look capable of keeping the ball out of our net either and we were sliding down the league. January is a difficult window in general, even harder when you've only arrived at the club during the 1st week of it.

The signings he has made I dont think have been that bad, Tobias, Pantilamon, Lolley and Watson I think are good signings, Tomlin has had his moments too. With a bit of cash to spend in the Summer we may be able to actually attract some decent players. No goals in 11 of the 15 games is frustrating but we have had no option but to play 18 year old Brereton upfront. Stick a fit Murphy up top like Warbs had at the start of the season and Im sure we'd have scored more, the resources at hand are limited.

Im not saying Karanka will be a success but at the very least should be given the time to ship out the deadwood (which he started doing in Jan) and bring in a few much needed quality additions. He has a track record of getting a team out of this division and clearly has high standards for himself if his post match interview is anything to go by. He now has time to get the squad ready for next season so I will personally judge him from then.

Results are worse than under Warburton, that's just a fact. Despite further bloating the massive squad and, I think it's safe to assume, increasing the wage bill we are scoring fewer goals, winning less often, and picking up fewer points. More clean sheets though so it is good news for fans of negative football :thumbsup_still:

Edited by Art Vandelay

What did you want to stick with the team we had and keep Warbuton in charge?

The football under Warb's was awful, tippy tappy in the penalty box, the back 4 looking shit scared every time they got the ball, just plain awful.

we're better defensively and in the midfield now, just got to sort out up front.

The football under Warb's was awful, tippy tappy in the penalty box, the back 4 looking shit scared every time they got the ball, just plain awful.

we're better defensively and in the midfield now, just got to sort out up front.

I agree. Karanka obviously needs a striker who can hold on to the ball and knows where the goal is. Everything else is OK, it just all falls down in the last third. We're a clear out coupled with three good incoming players away from having a good squad.

I feel confident Karanka knows what he's doing and will act if something needs to be done. Compare that with Warburton who thought we'd turn into Barcelona if we trained hard enough, fuck all that.

I agree. Karanka obviously needs a striker who can hold on to the ball and knows where the goal is. Everything else is OK, it just all falls down in the last third. We're a clear out coupled with three good incoming players away from having a good squad.

I feel confident Karanka knows what he's doing and will act if something needs to be done. Compare that with Warburton who thought we'd turn into Barcelona if we trained hard enough, fuck all that.

Seems like those were wise words Chas although the number of incoming players was very much on the lean side .. I wonder if those guys who were disparaging of Karanka still hold that view .. In little over a year he has completely transformed our squad and I believe there's 1 or 2 more to come ... Warburton is nothing but a distant memory , nice bloke but his ideas for our progression obviously differed from that of our owners ...

Seems like those were wise words Chas although the number of incoming players was very much on the lean side .. I wonder if those guys who were disparaging of Karanka still hold that view .. In little over a year he has completely transformed our squad and I believe there's 1 or 2 more to come ... Warburton is nothing but a distant memory , nice bloke but his ideas for our progression obviously differed from that of our owners ...

My words are always wise Colin. Or stupid, I'm going with wise.

Yeah I knew he would come good - Loads wanted him sacked 😎

Edited by E R

He hasn't actually come good though has he? At least not yet. He's just spunked a fortune by 2nd tier standards on a brand new team.

He needs time to be judged properly just like all our managers but probably won't get it.

He hasn't actually come good though has he? At least not yet. He's just spunked a fortune by 2nd tier standards on a brand new team.

He needs time to be judged properly just like all our managers but probably won't get it.

He's been ruthless. No Mr nice guy. We have a new team because he's been no nonsense. Identified the deadwood and has either cleared them out or told them to leave with the ones who haven't still in Nottm training on their own. He's built a promotion winning team before and therefore been trusted with money, and on paper it looks like he's bought well. Cant remember ever feeling this positive about Forest.

Agreed. Apart from Grabban and the loans from last season weve signed I dont get what the fuss is about the other signings. If the Portuguese lads cost £1m instead of £13m people would be moaning. They are all an unknown quantity and this has the whiff of Platt and his Italians to me.

He's been ruthless. No Mr nice guy. We have a new team because he's been no nonsense. Identified the deadwood and has either cleared them out or told them to leave with the ones who haven't still in Nottm training on their own. He's built a promotion winning team before and therefore been trusted with money, and on paper it looks like he's bought well. Cant remember ever feeling this positive about Forest.

That's fine and everything but now he just has to get them all to play. Building a strong team is one thing getting them up is another. Time will tell on that one.

He's been ruthless. No Mr nice guy. We have a new team because he's been no nonsense.

I wouldn't say he's been ruthless Gupi, he has signed 2 new teams in 6 months because the owner has given him the go ahead to do so. Any manager in this league would have done exactly the same if they could.

The problem is, this is financial madness if we can't clear out players like Cummings, Clough, Murphy, Velios, etc.

They are all players he inherited, all are shit or past it and all have good deals clearly to be humiliated to train with the kids. The manager is doing all he can to fuck them off so we cant blame him for that

Imagine if you was Murphy - in the twilight of your career probably 2 years left on a 30k a week deal. As long as you keep fit and available then they have to pay you whether you play or not. You cant blame the bloke either because he wont get that anywhere else now

They are all players he inherited, all are shit or past it and all have good deals clearly to be humiliated to train with the kids. The manager is doing all he can to fuck them off so we cant blame him for that

I'm not blaming Karanka for that Jamie. It's his job to identify the players he wants. It's the club's job to rid us of the deadwood. Players like Traore, Murphy, Velios, Cummings etc are just a financial burden to us now. We've still got Henderson on the books. I just don't see how we can financially sustain such a big squad, especially players like Murphy who will be on a good crack.

Still time to offload, but I don't want us to do a shit or bust like Derby. It's worked for Wolves, but they are the exception. There are plenty of clubs going into this season walking a financial tightrope.

You have to get people to buy them before you cant get rid, theyve been told they arent wanted, told to find new clubs, training with the under 23s and not even given new kit.

i think we will end up paying a lot of them off

You have to get people to buy them before you cant get rid, theyve been told they arent wanted, told to find new clubs, training with the under 23s and not even given new kit.

Yep.

I still think at least one of Cash/Osborne/Brereton/Worral will be sold. This is where we'll get the money to pay off the deadwood.

Exactly - and they all have their signed deals safely tucked away. I wouldnt fuck off if I had that in my locker I would stay firmly put