Karanka out? and we wonder why this club hasn't moved forward in so many year. The fans hardly help themselves at all. Lets at least give the manager the summer to sort things out for fuck sake. He came in Jan, and had to quickly assess the squad and make quick improvements to halt our slide and keep us up. He has done that, it may not have been pretty but we are safe with 4 games to spare. The preparation for next season begins now.

Karanka out? and we wonder why this club hasn't moved forward in so many year. The fans hardly help themselves at all. Lets at least give the manager the summer to sort things out for fuck sake. He came in Jan, and had to quickly assess the squad and make quick improvements to halt our slide and keep us up. He has done that, it may not have been pretty but we are safe with 4 games to spare. The preparation for next season begins now.

This.

Needs more attacking decent players lolly looks the part others dont weve got a lot of very average players who make out they are world beaters...

Totally agree with this.

Someone on this thread said managing a football team isn't rocket science. Said the man who's won everything on champ manager :rolleyes_anim:

Like I've already stated, we don't sack the manager, the Chairman does. Our opinion does not matter, it just makes for good debate on here.

Johnreese... If managing a football club was easy we would all be applying to be one. Players aren't robots, they are people. It isn't just about find best team, start them and win. They are individuals with thoughts feeling and opinions and managing them so that they can play to the best of their ability week in week out and improve that ability season after season is a challenging task. There are so many factors that go into running and maintaining a successful team.

Amen

I am the first to turn on a manager and I may have a moan up about Karanka at some stage over the coming season(s) but the sacking 2 or 3 managers a year just hasnt worked so lets try the other way

Its not the fact that we keep sacking Managers...Its that we appoint them in the first place.

Hopefully Karanka will not be as dross as the previous dozen or so holders of the position, but lets face the facts here we appoint useless cunts over and over and they pretty much all deserve the sack. Who on the list below would anyone give a three year contract to and be happy to let them see it out ?

Serious question Who would YOU choose ?

Mark Warburton

Gary Brazil (caretaker)

Phillipe Montanier

Paul Williams (caretaker)

Dougie Freedman

Stuart Pearce

Gary Brazil

Billy Davies

Alex McLeish

Sean O'Driscoll

Steve Cotterill

Steve McClaren

Billy Davies

John Pemberton

Colin Calderwood

Frank Barlow

Ian McParland

Gary Megson

Mick Harford (caretaker)

Joe Kinnear

Paul Hart

David Platt

Ron Atkinson

Micky Adams

I would have stuck with Warburton until the end of the season. He only had one transfer window to get things ready. Sure we lost quite a few games, but we knocked the ball around nicely and I like to see us play that way.

People are saying we need to give managers time, but this never bloody happens with us. I want someone to stay for 3 seasons, get his feet under the desk and build a team and mentality. To do that, the manager needs to get rid of all the dross we've accumulated under the previous managers...

Johnreese... If managing a football club was easy we would all be applying to be one. Players aren't robots, they are people. It isn't just about find best team, start them and win. They are individuals with thoughts feeling and opinions and managing them so that they can play to the best of their ability week in week out and improve that ability season after season is a challenging task. There are so many factors that go into running and maintaining a successful team.

Ricknffc... I never said it was easy, just that it's not rocket science. Having millions to buy the best players is obviously what a few teams have the luxury of but for most teams you have to make do with what you've got at the club. Even Cloughie used to say "Football is a simple game" by this I'm assuming he meant picking your best players for each position and winning matches, might be wrong though as somebody might point out.

Thoughts & feelings?? Feelings shouldn't come into it, if you hate being dropped or hate anybody else earning more than yourself or hate being told what to do then you're obviously one to get rid of. You're there to do a job, which you get paid for even if you don't perform, how easy have these players got it? Take this example: You agree to pay a builder £xxxx to do some work on your house but he doesn't do the job properly & ruins your property, do you pay him?? Course you don't, but footballers haven't got that worry, they can be shit all season and still get paid a full salary & some just don't give a shit how they look on the pitch. How did Leicester win the premier league? Their manager played his best players in their strongest positions in the formation that suited, isn't this what we should be doing? What any manager should be doing? I'm not saying we'll win the Prem or even get promotion but we'd have a better chance of winning more matches if the manager got the damn basics right.

Edited by JohnReese

Legs akimbo.. I wouldn't give any manager a three year contract at Forest, twelve months would be what I'd give & If we had a good season then he'd get another twelve month one. If we had a bad season he'd not get another one. Some won't agree but that's what I think we should be looking at doing now.

What basics would you like Karanka to implement with the players he has at his disposal at the moment? Which manager do you believe would come in and turn this team into an instant success? I believe Karanka will be a success but i expected him to have a rocky patch initially. Leicester won the prem because they had a starting 11 they are familiar with.. They had no pressure to succeed.. They were a good team, not outstanding individuals bar a couple, they gave everything for each other (not something our have done over the years) and that comes down to personality and having a group of individuals that pull in the right direction.. Having the best 11 players in the world for their position on one team doesn't mean they will be a instant success. Yes they played to a system that was successful for them, what is our successful system? Isn't that what Karanka is trying to find out? Isn't he trying to find out his best 11? Doesn't he need time to address the shitty issues that have plagued us in recent times?

Having a season worse than the last would mean you would get rid of the manager.? So he would be instantly under pressure knowing if he finishes further down the table he would be gone. Are people not allowed to learn by their mistakes then and improve from them? Are you just gona jump from manager to manager hoping we finish 18th, 16th, 14th, 12th, 10th 8th, 6th?? Any decent manager will have long term ambitions and a 12 month contract isn't enough time for them to implement them thoroughly

Its not the fact that we keep sacking Managers...Its that we appoint them in the first place.

Hopefully Karanka will not be as dross as the previous dozen or so holders of the position, but lets face the facts here we appoint useless cunts over and over and they pretty much all deserve the sack. Who on the list below would anyone give a three year contract to and be happy to let them see it out ?

Serious question Who would YOU choose ?

Mark Warburton

Gary Brazil (caretaker)

Phillipe Montanier

Paul Williams (caretaker)

Dougie Freedman

Stuart Pearce

Gary Brazil

Billy Davies

Alex McLeish

Sean O'Driscoll

Steve Cotterill

Steve McClaren

Billy Davies

John Pemberton

Colin Calderwood

Frank Barlow

Ian McParland

Gary Megson

Mick Harford (caretaker)

Joe Kinnear

Paul Hart

David Platt

Ron Atkinson

Micky Adams

Hart and O' Driscoll. 100%.

What basics would you like Karanka to implement with the players he has at his disposal at the moment? Which manager do you believe would come in and turn this team into an instant success? I believe Karanka will be a success but i expected him to have a rocky patch initially. Leicester won the prem because they had a starting 11 they are familiar with.. They had no pressure to succeed.. They were a good team, not outstanding individuals bar a couple, they gave everything for each other (not something our have done over the years) and that comes down to personality and having a group of individuals that pull in the right direction.. Having the best 11 players in the world for their position on one team doesn't mean they will be a instant success. Yes they played to a system that was successful for them, what is our successful system? Isn't that what Karanka is trying to find out? Isn't he trying to find out his best 11? Doesn't he need time to address the shitty issues that have plagued us in recent times?

He's had over three months to look at what we've got, is that long enough to know who's good & whis not? I think so, maybe you don't. Our current squad isn't good enough to play a 4-3-3 coz not one of our strikers is any good on his own therefore, basic number one is play with two strikers ie 4-4-2. He must have some idea who our best two central midfielders are and who our best two wide players are, the defence is still way up in the air but in recent matches it has looked better than earlier in the season, still not good enough but not as crap as it was. Get the players playing to their strengths in their best positions, not Ossy at left back or Brero as a winger etc.

No I don't think we'll get instant success but we might win a few more matches than we have this season though I disagree about Karanka, I don't think we will get success with him but what would you call success? Play offs? Promotion? Mid table?

Having a season worse than the last would mean you would get rid of the manager.? So he would be instantly under pressure knowing if he finishes further down the table he would be gone. Are people not allowed to learn by their mistakes then and improve from them? Are you just gona jump from manager to manager hoping we finish 18th, 16th, 14th, 12th, 10th 8th, 6th?? Any decent manager will have long term ambitions and a 12 month contract isn't enough time for them to implement them thoroughly

Ok. You give a manager a three year contract. No pressure on him then. By December we are bottom but, no worries he's got a three year contract so even if he takes them down he's still in the job. No pressure second year in with still a year left so will he care if he takes us back up or not? Probable scenario would be sacking him in the December of his first year and paying off the remainder of his three year contract. That's really helped us in the past hasn't it?

He came in Jan, and had to quickly assess the squad and make quick improvements to halt our slide and keep us up. He has done that

Only because of the points amassed before he came here Gupi. We are actually a worse team under Karanka. He halted our slide so well that we broke the club record for not scoring. And that feat cost us God knows how many millions on players in January.

I just don't understand how anyone can think that Karanka can turn things around. He is the closest thing we have had to Gary Megson, and he will only take us one way.

I agree that sacking managers gets us nowhere, but as Legs says, it's not sacking managers that's our problem, it's appointing the shite in the first place that is the issue.

He will spend money in the Summer, and if Dawson is the level of his proposed signings, then he is fucked. He will get sacked. We will appoint another manager to take over a bunch of players that he doesn't want, or who aren't good enough, and the whole merry go round starts over again.

I honestly don't think that a manager who's team can fail to score in 11 of 15 games can turn us into anything but relegation fodder the following season. I'm amazed that anyone on here can be as blind as to think any different.

But hey ho, that's just my opinion. Let him spunk millions away in the Summer and see what happens.

Hart and O' Driscoll. 100%.

Still a mystery as to why SOD was sacked Andy. 7th in the league at Christmas and given the boot.

I would say only at Forest, but Brum did the same with Rowett, and look at Birmingham now.

Who would you have Dane? I guess you are suggesting sacking Karanka in the summer?

Who would you have Dane? I guess you are suggesting sacking Karanka in the summer?

You know what Jamie, I honestly don't know mate. We just seem to be a poisoned chalice for any manager that takes over. I'm not suggesting we sack Karanka, I'm saying he WILL get sacked unless he changes his approach. I don't want him to be given millions to spend in the Summer just to be sacked in December. It's pointless.

Probably the easiest, and cheapest solution, might be to try and convince Brazil to take the job. He knows the club, knows the players, knows the fans. I just look at the way he sent out a team to attack Arsenal. Yes, I know it was only one game, but it was so refreshing to see Forest attack the way we did that day. Has young Brereton had a better game under any other manager?

It's very easy for us to sit here at our keyboards and be critical of a manager. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and we don't know what plans he has for the future. But based on results, Karanka has made it far too easy for us to be critical of his tactics and his football philosophy.

Anyway mate, I championed the appointment of Warburton for two seasons before he arrived...............so what do I know? :D :D :D

Yep me too about Warbs and within about 3 months I couldnt stand that insistence of passing it from the back. What I have noticed that all managers we seem to get in have a set style of play which they refuse to adapt to the players that have at the club. Warbuton you HAVE to play from the back. Karanka 8 behind the ball and hope your forwards get a goal.

The goals is obviously an issue but I personally am sick of new managers because as you point out they will just bring in a bunch of players that suit their set in stone style. So when we sack them 6 months later we are lumbered with their players and the new manager normally has different ideas and the cycle goes on

I am at a loss over the club and as I said I will probably moan and say sack him when things are shit by Christmas, but my heart is saying what have we got to lose if we give him the next two full seasons and see what he can do.

The players at the club are cunts and clearly know that if they dont perform the manager will get the boot and Karanka has already said there are a few disruptive players in the club. So if they know he is staying and he has already shown he will fuck off anyone who doesnt toe the line - in my opinion he is as good as anyone to give a real chance to settle in and set up a team capable of winning as he proved at boro

Edited by E R

Like I said Jamie, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Karanka said in January that there were disruptive players at the club, and he cleared them out. Now, 3 months later, he is saying there are disruptive players at the club........but we don't know why these players are being disruptive, do we? I know that if I worked under negative managers like Warburton and Karanka, I'd be voicing my opinion. If the players are constantly being told to sit behind the ball and not get forward, I'd have something to say about it. If I was getting booed off the pitch because of the managers negative tactics, I'd have something to say about it.

Maybe what Karanka is really trying to say is that he doesn't like any criticism from his players on his negative tactics. Megson was exactly the same, always somebody else's fault, never his. It's poor man management, and managers ought to have learned by now that players don't get sacked, managers do, and players can go a long way to getting the manager the boot.

There was a story about a young talented player at WBA who was tipped to be a star player. He once dared to question Megson's tactics during a training session, and he never appeared in a Baggies shirt again after that.

Would you class that player as being disruptive, or just pointing out to the manager that there are different ways to play a game that suit the players better?