72 replies to this topic

#1 sandnes1985

sandnes1985

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Why on earth did we sign this Megson/Freedman/McLeish lookalike? I sincerely hope we don't score today, just so Karanka gets the rekord he well deserves!

#2 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:58 PM

Its difficult to assess how hes done. He took over a rudderless squad and at the start he was making us difficult to beat and we were picking up some decent results. He brought in a load of players in January who have ended up being a bit of a mixed bag but at least he managed to ship out some of the wage stealers at the same time.

There is no denying though that we have been absolutely awful for a while now and are lacking any inspiration whatsoever. Ill be honest and say Karanka has done fuck all to convince me that hes the man to take us forward but we cant just keep sacking managers. It seems there is a deep malaise at the club that no-one can shake.

Edited by Danny, 14 April 2018 - 03:02 PM.

When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#3 A new man

A new man

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

That'll be 3 managers a season from now on if we're only gonna give them 15 games!

#4 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

Needs a window and a full season. At least.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#5 E R

E R

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

The goal situation is a fucking joke now

I would give him next season to see what can happen but we are fucking terrible attacking of late and now shipping goals. It said we havent scored in 14 of the last 18 games - that is terrible

#6 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

we havent scored in 14 of the last 18 games - that is terrible

I cant remember a run as bad as this. It is pathetic.

"Go!"...

#7 Mr Smith

Mr Smith

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

We have still improved on last season. We need to give our managers more than one transfer window to try and shape the team... Karanka has hasn't even had one transfer window yet.

#8 JohnReese

JohnReese

Reserve Team Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

We have still improved on last season. We need to give our managers more than one transfer window to try and shape the team... Karanka has hasn't even had one transfer window yet.

Hasn't he? Who was responsible for the 10 signings in January then??

#9 Mr Smith

Mr Smith

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

Hasn't he? Who was responsible for the 10 signings in January then??

He turned up midway through, with no knowledge of the team, players or what needed doing. I doubt he had a significant influence in our January signings.

#10 sandnes1985

sandnes1985

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

It's shocking that people were calling for Warburton's head, yet are defending Karanka. Warburton had a plan and a vision, and even though we had a dreadful period from october to december, we were still making progress. Karanka on the other hand has wasted shit load of money on more useless deadwood in January, and we look far worse. What if Warburton had been given the money to sign someone in stead?

And now it sounds like I worship Warbs, but I dont. I just hate the fact that we keep sacking the good guys after not even giving them a chance, and keep wasting shit load of money on destructive managers like Freedman

#11 JohnReese

JohnReese

Reserve Team Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

He turned up midway through, with no knowledge of the team, players or what needed doing. I doubt he had a significant influence in our January signings.

8th January is hardly midway through!

#12 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

He came in on the 8th and most of our deals were done on the last day of the window. Some have been good, some bad and fuck knows about a couple as we havent seen them for various reasons. Either way I think Karanka brought in who he wanted, especially considering the comments he made throughout January about bringing more experience into the squad.

"Go!"...

#13 Mr Smith

Mr Smith

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

8th January is hardly midway through!

It's hardly a full transfer window and it ridiculous to expect a decent analysis of what the squad needs and to bring in the necessary players. It is also going to take time to recover from the fiscal mess caused by Fawaz. Repeatedly sacking managers has hardly brought success to the City Ground.

#14 bestwood_red!

bestwood_red!

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

I never wanted him, didnt rate him at Boro and I dont rate him here. Having said that he should be given a fair crack at the whip and given until the end of next season. Im not going to pay to watch his football ever again as its dire but give him a chance.

#15 JohnReese

JohnReese

Reserve Team Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

It's hardly a full transfer window and it ridiculous to expect a decent analysis of what the squad needs and to bring in the necessary players. It is also going to take time to recover from the fiscal mess caused by Fawaz. Repeatedly sacking managers has hardly brought success to the City Ground.

Don't agree he should go, was merely stating he's had one transfer window but even after the summer one we won't be much better coz most of these will still be playing so after such a bad start to next season he will be gone anyway.

#16 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

a bad start to next season he will be gone anyway.

Thats the thing - rightly or wrongly this shite run will have heaped a load of pressure on Karanka. If we have a shite first dozen matches or so he will be canned and the whole process starts again.

"Go!"...

#17 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

Like I said when we were 1 down earlier. He needs at least a season.

I've been too quick in the past to want rid of managers I must admit, I advocated the sacking of Hart, Davies, Calderwood, Pearce and Montanier. All as soon as results went pear shaped so I've been as guilty as anyone. I've changed my entire outlook now. Probably partly due to not being as bothered anymore. I'm not watching it each week but I still think any manager we now employ needs at least 1 full season with a few windows before we judge them.

There's been so many years of shit and mismanagement that the remains of it are still around the club. It takes time to sort that out. Unless we're bottom at Christmas I won't entertain the idea of a sacking.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#18 Caz

Caz

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:09 AM

Interesting words from the gaffer after the match today, discussing lack of quality and disruptive personalities within the squad.
We're back and we're coming for ya.

#19 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 17,093 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:17 AM

Interesting words from the gaffer after the match today, discussing lack of quality and disruptive personalities within the squa

Never the managers fault though is it Caz?

Will he say his negative tactics have led to us setting a new club record for not scoring? Will he say I'm sticking by my tactics and formation regardless of results? Of course he won't.

Any manager that publicly slates his players wants fucking in my opinion.

If Marinakis hasn't choked on his kebab after recent results, he must be wondering what he's done signing this toss pot.

I know he got Boro promoted, but lets not forget that Megson managed it twice with WBA before he joined us.

Sad thing is, Karanka will get a decent transfer budget, waste it on players the wrong side of 30, and be sacked by Christmas. I honestly believe this guy is more capable of taking us down than getting us anywhere near the top 6.

As for lack of quality, 7 of those starting yesterday were his signings!!!

I LOVE GOLF, I LOVE MY WIFE, AND I ENJOY DOING BOTH.

#20 E R

E R

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

If Karanka is talking about rotten eggs in the team I would steer well clear of Tomlin

We wont go down now so he should try a few of the fringe players in the last few games

I reckon a lot will be fucked off in the summer though so lets see what happens next season

Edited by E R, 15 April 2018 - 08:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users