E R

Forest v Brentford

Come on he brought in a couple of new players and stopped a rot

I love a good witch hunt and the goal famine s fuckong terrible. At leas everyone can now see just how fucking useless our forwards are

I just cant blame the boss for that because we had the chances

We have sold our best players forever and people moan that the few loans we got fucking hell. Its lke they never saw the sideways football under Warbuton or the shit that French **** brought in

Hopefully we limp over the line and he gets a summer - I will probably have turned on the **** by Christmas he already is getting on my fuckng nerves the burton suit wearing **** - but really what are the options now we are a shit club with a bloke who has a few quid who probably will get bored of pissing his money away soon enough like the last 2 chairman and fuck off back to Greece

Edited by E R

The match was on in the middle of the night where I live so didn't bother to stay up and watch it on ifollow. I thought if I wake up during the night I'll probably watch the second half. I woke up at 3.30am and checked the score on the BBC website. It was 0-0 in the 79th minute so I thought 'fuck it I'll watch the last 10 minutes'. Got connected to it on my phone and Brentford won a corner from which they scored. I turned my phone off and went back to sleep. I watched about 30 fucking seconds of that match last night. Unbelievable!!

Come on he brought in a couple of new players and stopped a rot

The figures tell a different story Jamie.

In all matches, Warburton had a points return of 1.3 per game. Karanka comes in, has a mini clear out and brings in 10 players, with a points return of 0.9 in all matches. Even Warburtons last 15 matches, the same amount that Karanka has been here, returned 1.3 points per game.

Warburton's last 6 games, which we'd all agree were awful, returned a points average of 0.7. Karankas last 6 games have returned 0.5.

He hasn't stopped the rot Jamie. He's worse than the Bread Man.

I got told Millwall were below us when Karanka took over ... that says a lot.

Without pacey threatening wingers and a strong lone forward his tactics dont work.

We're 9 points clear of Barnsley. Their game in hand is against us. We need to win that one.

Win that and we will be safe. Even a draw should be enough. A loss puts a bit of pressure on us. Hopefully, 3 points against Ipswich on Saturday should allay any fears before we play Barnsley.

Fact is though mate, with the addition of Pantilimon, Figgy, Watson, Colback, Geddy, Lolley, and Tomlin, we shouldn't even be discussing the Barnsley game. We should be safe already, looking forward to next season.

Need a summer clear out and the whole of next season to judge him properly.

If we invest heavily in the Summer Savo, he won't get the whole of next season. If the first third of next season is as bad as the final third of this one, Marinakis will pull the trigger.

Hopefully Karanka can turn it around. I honestly don't want to see another manager sacked. It's pointless. We have spent the past 10 years aimlessly hiring and firing managers, but if results don't improve, Karanka will be gone. That is a fact of the modern game.

On another note, I've been listening a bit to the radio discussions on a new 20 goal striker for next season. Basically just 3 names mentioned as likely targets from English football. Assombalonga, Rhodes, and Marriot from Peterborough. Of those 3, I'd plump for Marriot from Peterborough.

The general concensus was, that apart from those 3, we'd have to look abroad.

If he can bring in a couple of attacking players who are fit for purpose he'll get the whole season 'cause we'll get a few points. The manager can't do a lot about all of his players not being able to hit the target from ten yards, his first choice striker deciding to turn into four players rather than shoot from 12 yards, his second choice striker deciding to turn and shoot in the blind instead of laying the ball five yards sideways to somebody completely unmarked...

It was a case of grab what he could in January and he did. People were raving about Tomlin, Brereton and even Velios. Murph has gone to cat shit

If people who go more than me want him gone then so be it but I personally would give him the summer as he has proven firm at this level. The loans will go back in a few games and he cant set out his stall for next season. Even Warbuton got that chance and that playing from the back did my head in

I did say I wouldnt bother with Tomlin and I would get shot of every other striker we have as they are all shit

Edited by E R

It was a case of grab what he could in January and he did. People were raving about Tomlin, Brereton and even Velios. Murph has gone to cat shit

If people who go more than me want him gone then so be it but I personally would give him the summer as he has proven firm at this level. The loans will go back in a few games and he cant set out his stool for next season. Even Warbuton got that chance and that playing from the back did my head in

I did say I wouldnt bother with Tomlin and I would get shot of every other striker we have as they are all shit

Been to most home games, mate - don't want him gone; but he has a lot of work to do in the summer. Brentford's forward play last night was slick, one-touch and tore us apart again and again. We looked slow and lethargic - Darikwa kept turning back to pass to the CBs instead of attacking space in front of him and Osborn was constantly exposed because Tomlin wasn't covering him. We lack balance and creativity at the minute. Our midfield and forward line just looked lost when Brentford set up two banks of four - it has been apparent in our last 5 or 6 games - and when we do attack effectively (not often) we are dangerously exposed to effective counter-attacks. Believe it or not, I am fairly positive about the future of the club and would like to see a consistent approach here - but it isn't great at the minute. Barnsley is looking like a massive game in a few weeks. I think we'll struggle against a pretty poor Ipswich side on Saturday - a draw will do me, fucking hell, even a goal would be nice.

Karanka, Warburton, Montanier, Freedman, Pearce, Davies, McLeish, etc etc back to Big Ron in 1999... All of these have failed us as managers haven't they? We've won nothing since Bassett's league title in 1997/98 so they must all have been failures unless, by some uncanny coincidence, the players we've had in that same time are to blame for not being good enough?!! Even in that title winning season, without PVH & Campbell we wouldn't have won it, it wasn't coz Bassett was there it was coz we had players who could score goals as we did when we finished 3rd in the Prem in 1994/95, without Stan we'd have been mid table at very best whoever was at the helm.

Tactics, formations, no plan B or C, these are just some excuses that have been used over the years with the manager taking the blame but when the players aren't good enough what can any manager do? As the famous saying goes, "You can't polish a turd" Billy Davies had it glistening a little during his first spell but that aside, we've been shit and that is because the players at the club weren't good enough, simple as that. If we had been able to hang on to the few decent players we had like Britt, Antonio, Oli Burke, Bamford, Paterson, Guediora(mk1), Pinilos, Morgan et al, we could've been a decent promotion chasing team but as the board usually wanna cash in on our best players we'll never have a good chance of promotion and no manager, I mean NO manager will do better with the players who are here now not even the so call top managers like Chequebook Pep, Moaninho, Wenger, Klopp would improve the situation as, like I've said before, if the strikers can't score for Warburton or Karanka, they won't score for anybody else.

Even if a multi billionaire took the club over, due to ffp, we couldn't spend the millions needed in transfer fees and wages (unless we did the unlikely and got promoted the first season of mega spending, got fined for breaching ffp and slapped with an embargo but at least we'd still be in the Premiership unless a new rule is bought in to relegate breaches of ffp) so, whether you like it or not, agree or not, accept it or not, I'm afraid we are stuck as a championship team, will be for some years too, so let's just hope we are never crap enough over 46 matches again that we return to League one.

So how come teams like Millwall and Cardiff can do the business and not Forest. I agree about the players we have sold but all you need is for 4 or 5 players to have a great season and you can make the play offs

Fact is there is no one at the club and I mean no one who has that extra bit of class. I dont yhink prem flops are the answer I think lower league players gems are the way forward for us. Look at the money and players Sheff Wed have and they are as shit as us

We have nothing to lose by sticking with a manager proven at this level as having 2 or 3 managers a season hasnt worked so maybe let the players know he is here to stay and if you dont perform he will fuck Goh off like he did with the players in January

I mean NO manager will do better with the players who are here now not even the so call top managers like Chequebook Pep, Moaninho, Wenger, Klopp would improve the situation as, like I've said before, if the strikers can't score for Warburton or Karanka, they won't score for anybody else.

I've just read that comment, and I can honestly say that I haven't laughed so much since me mam trapped her tits in the mangle.

I know I didn't care for Warburton but I knew the results weren't his fault. It's always been about quality on the pitch, or a lack of it.

Putting a squad together that compete is what its' all about, Karanka has done that so he gets my vote.

Even the very worst sides manage to snatch a goal every now and then. We have gone almost 10 hours of football without finding the net which is abysmal. We saw earlier in the season that we had a few goals in the side albeit we were conceding a lot too but under Karanka we arent scoring nor are we keeping them out.

Even with a huge clear out the players we have currently will make up the bulk of next seasons squad. My concern is that by that stage, if it hasnt already happened, the players will be sick of Karanka, sick of his tactics, sick of losing and sick of getting stick from the stands. We have all seen how players can just down tools if they dont fancy the manager and I fear we are seeing history repeat itself again.

For what its worth I would stick with him. Maybe because I am far more apathetic towards the club than I have ever been but I just think we have to give someone a good chunk of time to try and turn things around as chopping and changing has got us nowhere.

A win or draw against Ipswich and Barnsley will see us safe .... job done then let Karanka do his summer business, he knows who is crap and who he needs.

I'm not saying we'll be title contenders but definitely a top 10 progressive finish next season, I'd be happy with that .... it's in the right direction.

I've just read that comment, and I can honestly say that I haven't laughed so much since me mam trapped her tits in the mangle.

That's just damn cruel of you... Fancy laughing at your mother when that happened, if it did happen of course, but my guess is that you just had to fabricate a comparison to an opinion you don't agree with so I'll tell you why I believe what I said then you can say why you don't agree ok...

The four managers I mentioned in my previous post, you could name many more tbh, would know straight away that our current squad is not good enough and would need millions spent to have any chance of promotion but with those funds not available they'd know instantly it is an impossible job. Even I know it's an impossible job and would most definitely say so if it were me, wouldn't be scared to tell the players some home truths too but, If you disagree, please say why you think it'd be any different, I'm sure we'd all like to know.

Edited by JohnReese

We've failed to score in 14 of our past 20 games, going back to Christmas.

Karanka brought in players in January to keep us away from the relegation zone, with the plan to rebuild the squad in the summer. The only area we failed to strengthen was up front, which is a difficult task during a January transfer window, especially with limited funds. Strikers don't come cheap.

He'll bring in the right players during the summer transfer window and offload some of the dross, of that I have no doubt.

That's just damn cruel of you... Fancy laughing at your mother when that happened, if it did happen of course, but my guess is that you just had to fabricate a comparison to an opinion you don't agree with so I'll tell you why I believe what I said then you can say why you don't agree ok...

The four managers I mentioned in my previous post, you could name many more tbh, would know straight away that our current squad is not good enough and would need millions spent to have any chance of promotion but with those funds not available they'd know instantly it is an impossible job. Even I know it's an impossible job and would most definitely say so if it were me, wouldn't be scared to tell the players some home truths too but, If you disagree, please say why you think it'd be any different, I'm sure we'd all like to know.

So Eddie Howe spent millions getting Bournemouth promoted? Wagner spent millions getting Hudersfield up? Harris spent Millions getting Millwall into top 6? See where I'm going? You don't need to spend millions. You need the right manager to work with the squad he has, and get the best out of that squad.

So Eddie Howe spent millions getting Bournemouth promoted? Wagner spent millions getting Hudersfield up? Harris spent Millions getting Millwall into top 6? See where I'm going? You don't need to spend millions. You need the right manager to work with the squad he has, and get the best out of that squad.

Can't include Millwall else why not include Fulham, Villa & Shaggers too?? Millwall won't go up anyway & not many remember the play off losers but agree that it has to be the right manager to get the best out of the players but, when the club has strikers that can't score as we have, how can you ensure they do their job properly by actually scoring goals? Not as if you can take the shots for them is it?

That's what we need decent spending on as a priority, strikers who can score goals, but I don't believe we will get them unless we pay bigger transfer fees and bigger wages.

You need good footballers to have a good team, whether you pay a lot for them or not is neither here nor there. You get managers who are good at getting players to play up to their ability, Brian obviously, the nearest we've had since was Billy MK1, but if your players aren't good enough there's literally nothing the manager can do about it. Often it just takes one player to make things tick and suddenly everyone else looks lots better. At the moment we're playing OK but that doesn't matter if everything goes to shit as soon as the ball reachers your attackers.

I reckon we aren't more than two or three players from being a good team. It's got to the stage now where I look at literally every team we play and think we'd be a shitload better if we had their striker and a lot of those are probably mediocre players but they're all doing at least the basics right.

You need good footballers to have a good team, whether you pay a lot for them or not is neither here nor there. You get managers who are good at getting players to play up to their ability, Brian obviously, the nearest we've had since was Billy MK1, but if your players aren't good enough there's literally nothing the manager can do about it. Often it just takes one player to make things tick and suddenly everyone else looks lots better. At the moment we're playing OK but that doesn't matter if everything goes to shit as soon as the ball reachers your attackers.

I reckon we aren't more than two or three players from being a good team. It's got to the stage now where I look at literally every team we play and think we'd be a shitload better if we had their striker and a lot of those are probably mediocre players but they're all doing at least the basics right.

I agree Mate.

I'm hoping we can ditch about 10 players in the Summer, and replace them with 3 quality players that will make a difference on the pitch.

I still wouldn't go for Dawson though :ph34r_anim: :ph34r_anim:

Excessive, needless spending and inflated wages that has caused this continual cycle of selling our talented players, and fighting against relegation. Instead of building upon the foundations created by the previous regime, successive Managers have tried and failed to bring their style of management and ideology into the Club. Maybe the issue is down to appointing Managers at crucial, critical times when the club are facing a relegation battle or mid-table mediocrity, when managerial choices and transfer options are limited (and expensive). The appointment of Warburton was the correct decision, bringing a sense of stability and professionalism but with all the upheavals off the pitch (Financial Fair Play) and starting with a core young, inexperienced side only left this club at a real disadvantage to the other Championship sides. Warburton deserves credit for his transfer choices, albeit Darikwa through wasting money duplicating on a position of strength, but his one dimensional tactics and lack of intuition contributed to his eventual downfall. With hindsight the owner could have waited till the end of the season to see if the temporary replacement under Gary Brazil tenure bought further positive improvements, unfortunately the appointment of Karanka was already approved.

Is Karanka the right type of Manager for our current predicament? On paper, yes as HIS prior experience suggest he builds a team from the back upwards. Unfortunately if you speak to Middleborough fans his negative tactics, only compound the situation which we're seeing currently. Our defence looks static with our full backs unable to venture forward to help link-up play or create opportunities. A lone forward which is easily man-marked, or restricted. Finally a midfield that is not effectively creating sufficient clear cut chances (and angles) for the target man to score. Is this down to the players, management style or tactics? Mainly the manager as emphasized against Brentford when he still insists on playing a static 4-5-1 (4-2-3-1), and not willing to change personnel, bringing back possibly Lichaj, Worral and Cash, even after a spate of defeats. Where is the experiment? Maybe play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3?

The worry is that he's run out of ideas or is compounding the problems. In truth what we're seeing is an autocratic management style like Megson (god forbid) which negatively impacts on youth, who require guidance and nurturing (i.e.Dowell, Worral, and Brereton), or players that require time, patience and freedom to regain confidence and match sharpness (I.e.McKay). What were seeing is a limitation of a manager, rather then personnel. Yes fault should be attributed to certain players, especially fitness concerns but how come Brazil could get those players to work together as a unit?