Sign in to follow this  
leather

On telly now

ITV 4 - when English football ruled Europe. Programme about Forest & Liverpools European success. Half of it will be worth watching. On until 1:20.

Watched it the other night. The bit I didnt know was Francis told not to go to Madrid because he was injured. Sir Brian never explained why he told him to stay at home and you could see that it hurts him still today. All I can think is that he didnt want the golden boy hogging limelight on his crutches and taking some of his air time. Or had he taken a dislike to him as a man and saw no merit in him being there unless he was playing. Or summat else????

It's well known that Cloughie didn't like injured players hanging around with the first team. This wasn't just Francis but any injured player over a number of years.

It's well known that Cloughie didn't like injured players hanging around with the first team. This wasn't just Francis but any injured player over a number of years.

As I watched the programme, for someone who could and would cut you down how much confidence was mentioned as part his work with teams. When I heard the Francis bit I started to wonder if he thought injured players might somehow dent that confidence.

What I find odd is thatPearce used to tell a tale that Clough wasn't happy once with he when he was injured and didn't show his face.