Sign in to follow this  
Savo

Moving house

As the title says. Missus and I are moving down south this summer. Our house is sold and a new-build house currently being built for us.

However, as sods law would have it. One or two things are starting to go wrong with our current house. We've only got about 8 weeks left here but last week one of our toilets started leaking. Managed to sort it out but then this week our shower is playing up. It stays mostly the right temperature but every now and again goes scolding and then freezing.

Anyway my question is, should we leave it for the new buyers to sort? It's still very usable after all. Or is it our responsibility to make sure everything works perfectly before we move out?

Leave it. The principle of buyer beware applies to land, so unless specific questions are asked by the buyer, you're best just to ignore it.

something worth trying is descaling the shower head especially if you live in a hard water area

it is a cheap product and worth a try and sometimes the lime scale causes the temperatures to fluctuate especially if no other taps in the house are affected. if that doesn't I would leave it - it could be the thermostat in the shower. When you buy a new house you always get a bit of agro

when we bought our first flat the bloke took the light bulbs and a six year old integrated oven. it wasn't that we wanted the poxy oven as we were going to rip the kitchen out anyway it was just the fucking agro that we had to buy one the next day as a temporary measure when it was probably worth about 50 quid which I would happily given the tight ****

Edited by E R

Is your shower an all in one electric or does it have a separate pump? My brothers packed up the day before he moved out, we brought a cheap one from wickes for £40 and it did the job sound, only took twenty minutes to fit.

When my mum and dad brought their first house the woman told them she had just had new wallpaper and asked them for £50 as towards it. They said no and on the day they moved in every wall was scored with a Stanley knife, light bulbs smashed and every door and cupboard handle gone.

When my mum and dad brought their first house the woman told them she had just had new wallpaper and asked them for £50 as towards it. They said no and on the day they moved in every wall was scored with a Stanley knife, light bulbs smashed and every door and cupboard handle gone.

That ended up in court I assume?

The last time I bought a house the previous owner took all of the lightbulbs and door handles and we had no issues before. That's some strange penny pinching shit to do. We got in and I had to go straight back out for a couple of hours to pick up some basics.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

As the title says. Missus and I are moving down south this summer. Our house is sold and a new-build house currently being built for us.

However, as sods law would have it. One or two things are starting to go wrong with our current house. We've only got about 8 weeks left here but last week one of our toilets started leaking. Managed to sort it out but then this week our shower is playing up. It stays mostly the right temperature but every now and again goes scolding and then freezing.

Anyway my question is, should we leave it for the new buyers to sort? It's still very usable after all. Or is it our responsibility to make sure everything works perfectly before we move out?

Where down south?

The last time I bought a house the previous owner took all of the lightbulbs and door handles and we had no issues before. That's some strange penny pinching shit to do. We got in and I had to go straight back out for a couple of hours to pick up some basics.

We had something similar. The inventory said the plants in the garden were included excluding the container plants. All looked nice and it did when we went for another visit. Got in there and the place looked bare. Next door told us that between visits theyd dug half the plants up and stuck them in containers.

We had something similar. The inventory said the plants in the garden were included excluding the container plants. All looked nice and it did when we went for another visit. Got in there and the place looked bare. Next door told us that between visits theyd dug half the plants up and stuck them in containers.

Very strange behaviour.

Going off topic a bit (unusual for me I know) this reminded me of something. Years ago, when I was about 22 I had a woman lodger to help a friend out who was seeing her but wanted her out of his house. Anyway, I had a few friends around for New Years Eve while she was away and one of the bastards puked on her plant and broke a stalk off. So she came back a day or two later, I apolgized and told her what happened. She went fucking mad and didn't speak to me for a week, by which I time I decided to move her out of the house.

The moral of the story is beware of weirdos who get super attached to plants.