Sign in to follow this  
Bcrawa

Sheff Utd Vs Forest

Is he? Well he sure knows how to get a 0-0 but we'd have lost those matches earlier in the season so that's a bonus.

from the horses mouth....after todays game.

@Karanka: "The first job for us was to build a consistent and solid team, which we've done, but now we have to move forward and take our chances at the other end."

It's nice to have a manager that only makes minimal changes to the line up. It's been a while since any Forest manager had the common sense to just pick his best team week in week out.

Edited by A new man

Just watched the match highlights on C5. Colback should've buried his chance, that one was a good chance and Brereton should've done better with his second half header but Dowell has no excuse for his best chance that he missed, that should be in the back of the net every time. Luckily for us Leon Clarke had his own Dowell moment else we'd have lost.

We look more solid defensively but very lightweight going forward.

A few things I took from watching most of yesterdays game.

Pantillimon is a massive improvement over Smith.

Fox is a much better centre half than he is a left back.

We need to sign Tomlin in the Summer.....and get him match fit for the start of the season.

Brereton, Murphy, and add Velios also, all need moving on in the Summer. They're not good enough to play Karanka's system. If we want goals, we need to look beyond those three.

Send Dowell back to Everton.

Add into that signing two decent full backs, and we'll be good to go next season.

There's £20m to be made from sales, if we're ambitious enough.

Mate, if we can sell Brereton, Worrall, and Cash for £25m, I'd happily do it.......as long as Karanka has that £25m, plus funding from the owner.

I don't think Karanka will want to just make up the numbers in this league next season, he'll want top 6 minimum. To do that, he'll need to be spending big money. We will almost certainly have to sell to raise the funds.

Get rid of Murphy, Worrall, Cash, Brereton, Clough, Walker and Ward

Sign a top striker, a left back (maybe that bloke we have on loan is ok) a centre back (probably Dawson), a right wing and Pantilimon

I am not sure about Tomlin. He is 30 in January well over weight and unfit and seems to get injured a lot. Saying that he can change a game

A few things I took from watching most of yesterdays game.

Pantillimon is a massive improvement over Smith.

Fox is a much better centre half than he is a left back.

We need to sign Tomlin in the Summer.....and get him match fit for the start of the season.

Brereton, Murphy, and add Velios also, all need moving on in the Summer. They're not good enough to play Karanka's system. If we want goals, we need to look beyond those three.

Send Dowell back to Everton.

Add into that signing two decent full backs, and we'll be good to go next season.

Agree on your points re Pants, Fox & Tomlin but wasn't Dowell one who most fans were raving about this season & how it was a shame we couldn't sign him on a permanent deal?

If we too got rid of Brereton, Vellios & Murphy and bought in two decent full backs would we really be ready to go with just young Tyler to play up top?

Agree on your points re Pants, Fox & Tomlin but wasn't Dowell one who most fans were raving about this season & how it was a shame we couldn't sign him on a permanent deal?

If we too got rid of Brereton, Vellios & Murphy and bought in two decent full backs would we really be ready to go with just young Tyler to play up top?

Read the original post mate.

"If we want goals, we need to look beyond those three"

Read the original post mate.

"If we want goals, we need to look beyond those three"

Yeah I read that. Just couldn't decipher whether you meant that Tyler would be good enough or we need to rely on goals from elsewhere instead of the aforementioned trio of strikers. Imo we need to get a couple of good strikers in to replace those three but you might think otherwise.

If we sell cash i will throw all my forest tops in the river Trent. He is one of our better players and there is a hell of a lot more to come from him.

We won't be able to get rid of murphy he is on a 3 year deal, no one is going to sign him off us, he will see out his contract, he has been poor since the turn of the year but still think he has something to offer the squad. We need a statement striker in summer though 5-10 mil.

We won't be able to get rid of murphy he is on a 3 year deal, no one is going to sign him off us, he will see out his contract, he has been poor since the turn of the year but still think he has something to offer the squad. We need a statement striker in summer though 5-10 mil.

I think we've already seen that if Karanka wants rid, he gets rid.

We'll just come to an agreement to buy out his contract for a mutual fee.

Mate, if we can sell Brereton, Worrall, and Cash for £25m, I'd happily do it.......as long as Karanka has that £25m, plus funding from the owner.

I don't think Karanka will want to just make up the numbers in this league next season, he'll want top 6 minimum. To do that, he'll need to be spending big money. We will almost certainly have to sell to raise the funds.

I'd keep Cash. He has come on so much since the start of the season and looks as if he'll become a player worth having in the side. Not fussed on the other two, as the money generated from sales would allow Karanka to bring in some decent replacements.

I have every confidence in Karanka to sort us out up top in time for next season, he demoted captain silent leading our defense, which in my opinion was our main problem, the way he did business in January was a breath of fresh air, I expect he will find us the striker who will fit our needs.

Cash is a brilliant player. Brereton and Worral wont make the grade. For two big guys they either have dont have the bottle or just arent strong enough as they both get bullied far too easily.

Cash is a brilliant player. Brereton and Worral wont make the grade. For two big guys they either have dont have the bottle or just arent strong enough as they both get bullied far too easily.

Far too early to say that. 3-4 years before we will know.

All players are allowed off spells. You can't go from Raving about Dowell & Brereton then two months later asking to get rid.

I dont think it matters with a Dowell too much as he will be off anyway. Brereton has never performed at this level has he?

Brereton is never a striker. A passing thought I had lately was that he'd make a better tip-of-the-diamond / central attacking midfielder, a la Darren Huckerby.

Not that we play a diamond system of course. That would be much too positive.

Velios over Murphy every day of the week. Murphy was the most uninspired / uninspiring signing in years.

Like Burke, Lansbury and Britt? :worried_anim:

Clough or Walker? :thumbsdown_still:

none of them are exactly setting the world alight and are all bench warmers whilst the guys we got into replace them are performing and have put us on a 7 game unbeaten run

Sometimes early promise doesn't materialise so it wouldn't bother me if we sold Worrall or Brereton. We need them performing next season

(although some on here would probably have a melt down like they did when we sold Burke which turned out to be great business)

Edited by E R

Brereton is 18. Crazy that some folk are writing him off at that age. He's been thrown in at the deep end and is running his socks off every week. 5 years away from what is generally considered as his peak years. Hopefully next season we'll sign senior strikers and allow him to develop as a bit part player.

Brereton is 18. Crazy that some folk are writing him off at that age. He's been thrown in at the deep end and is running his socks off every week. 5 years away from what is generally considered as his peak years. Hopefully next season we'll sign senior strikers and allow him to develop as a bit part player.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. No-one expects him to turn into a world beater but he has shown, albeit sporadically, that he has the raw talent to succeed at our level. If someone comes in with a daft bid then move him on but otherwise we should give him a fair chance at developing at a sensible pace as opposed to running him into the ground because our squad is so imbalanced.